The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justise Winslow agrees to extend with Heat for 3 years at $39 million.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This gives hope for Josh Jackson.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jamal Crawford?

Thoughts and opinions? I like him as a quality vet who can provide some Pop off the bench still even though he's 64.

Now make the deal for Patrick Beverley and call it an offseason

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This might actually help the Suns a good bit. The days that someone is on the main roster will go by slower since travel time no longer counts, which ate up at least 1 full day each time they were sent down or called up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the last year of Winslow's contract is a team option if anyone cares.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It looks like Bryn Forbes will be the Spurs starting point guard after the injury to Derrick White.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251387/Derrick-White-Out-6-8-Weeks-With-Torn-Ligament-In-Heel

It's telling that the Spurs let Parker go in free agency, lost their starter (Murray) to injury, lost his replacement (White) to injury, and are now in a similar situation as the Suns at the position.

Bryn Forbes and Patty Mills or Canaan and Harrison?

No wonder McD got fired.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's telling that the Spurs let Parker go in free agency, lost their starter (Murray) to injury, lost his replacement (White) to injury, and are now in a similar situation as the Suns at the position.

No wonder McD got fired.

Agreed. The more I look at the Suns roster the worse it gets.

At least Patty Mills is a solid contributor for the Spurs at point guard.

The Suns would probably start Patty Mills if they had him so I give the edge to the Spurs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He behaves like a junior higher too. His celebrations are very childish.

he goes too far sometimes but I think lots of it is the way people defend him. I remember the first year with the Cavs they kept showing videos of Delly basically assaulting Curry over and over grabbing him and they had several clips of him trying to trip Curry.

I saw something today criticizing the Warriors for playing Curry last night against the Lakers, he was showboating they were showing up LA etc. Ridiculous, the game was played in San Jose in the Sharks arena, Curry was sick, so he played 1 quarter they showcased him that quarter ran a ton of plays forhim. He had 16, could easily have had 20 + he had 2-3 threes that he normally makes but missed. Then in the 2nd quarter they showcased Klay, he had 15 in the quarter I think. they weren't showing up the Lakers they were giving the San Jose fans a show, they paid good money, it's preseason, give the fans a show.

But they are at a point where they complain too much, and it bugs people and I can see why.

They were talking about the point I made in the game last night and Doris Burke said they are hearing from coaches and players league wide who absolutely hate the new emphasis on screens. Players don't know what's a foul and what's not, players are getting T's, coaches are getting T's, and nobody really knows what'a a foul and what's not anymore. Normally the preseason is an adjustment period but so far nobody seems clear what the NBA refs want. Players like Curry are being rewarded for moving into defenders to draw fouls after the shot, and being called for illegal screens that were never fouls before and the players are very confused. When Curry is drawing 3-4 fouls a game on 3's something is wrong, does he get fouled yes, but is he now drawing fouls on purpose that I hate, absolutely. He tried it again last night and didn't get the call twice and you could see he was surprised. I hope that continues I want to see him make 3's, not shoot FT's.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

No wonder McD got fired.

Actually, Patty Mills is far superior to anyone we have at the position...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers waive Jonathan Williams III power forward.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I assume our front office has a list of players around the league that they think might get waived.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I call “meh” on the whole “not knowing what a foul is.” This is not the “what is a catch” debacle that the nfl has had. Anyone who has ever played basketball knows what a foul is, what a moving screen or illegal pick is. Just because it’s been called unevenly in the past or superstars got away with BS doesn’t mean they don’t know the actual rules. They just have to suck it up and actually play by the rules that we all learned as kids playing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joakim Noah was probably the worst FA signing in history.

It's as bad as a free agent decision can be and unlike so many of the historically bad FA decisions there's no hindsight involved in this one. Same with another Knicks acquisition but Jerome James was nowhere near as costly.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume our front office has a list of players around the league that they think might get waived.

And the Suns probably have a list of bubble players that teams might be tempted to trade if they get enough value.

Although it's not the same situation, the Suns traded Tucker essentially for a couple of second round picks.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I call “meh” on the whole “not knowing what a foul is.” This is not the “what is a catch” debacle that the nfl has had. Anyone who has ever played basketball knows what a foul is, what a moving screen or illegal pick is. Just because it’s been called unevenly in the past or superstars got away with BS doesn’t mean they don’t know the actual rules. They just have to suck it up and actually play by the rules that we all learned as kids playing.
I agree, and consistency is the big key. If the refs stay true to this all year (including the playoffs), then I think it's great. Unfortunately we all know that rules apply differently depending on the player, team, time left in the game, games left in the year, and how loud the crowd is.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news for Tyler Ulis.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard