The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Montrezl Harrell has agreed to a 2 year deal to return to the Clippers. I know @Mainstreet was interested in him before. We got Holmes now, who is much cheaper, so we have some C depth. $12 for 2 years is a fair deal but a little more than the Suns could have gone.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Harrell went for more than I had hoped. It stands to reason why the Suns didn't go after him.

I guess Len and Williams are still out there but they are not going to attract this type money. It's amazing how cheap some of the bigs are going for.

The Suns paid the 76ers a million for Holmes whose contract is listed at $1,600,520.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

My money is on Lance Stephenson as the culprit. But I wouldn't put it past Rondo, Beasley, McGee, or LaVar. Of course, it could have been part of the prank war between Lonzo and Kylie. Another possibility: Luke Walton did it, knowing LeBron has taken away his job security.

And then there's an outside chance it was someone not on the team. :)

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Kewitter: Leonard has been clear that he plans to sign with the Lakers in free agency next summer.

:hulk: F the NBA.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kewitter: Leonard has been clear that he plans to sign with the Lakers in free agency next summer.

:hulk: F the NBA.

Kevin Love was for sure going to the Lakers, then Westbrook was a lock to go to the Lakers then Paul George was certian he was going to LA.

There have been a lot of so cal boys turn the Lakers down recently. So you never really know.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kevin Love was for sure going to the Lakers, then Westbrook was a lock to go to the Lakers then Paul George was certian he was going to LA.

There have been a lot of so cal boys turn the Lakers down recently. So you never really know.

Yeah, if the bizarrely constructed Lakers are wildly disappointing, dumpster fire, spewing out cancerous gases... he'll probably steer clear.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

If Kawhi was smart, he’d stay in Toronto. They now have a good, highly regarded headcoach, a solid roster with decent vets and some nice young talent. With LeBron now gone, the East is open for the taking and the Raps have enough firepower to compete with the Celtics, 76ers, Bucks etc.

If he takes them far in the playoffs, he’s gonna have all kinds of marketing and brand opportunities in Toronto as well. The sports fans in Canada are increasingly following basketball more and more every year.

It’s a whole different thing to play in the West.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I dont think it’s a marketing thing. In LA he ain’t getting squadoosh in marketing while lebron is there.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think it’s a marketing thing. In LA he ain’t getting squadoosh in marketing while lebron is there.

Chris Paul had all the charisma of a tree stump and look at all the love he got and that was while Kobe still owned the town. Lebron will surely dominate but there's still plenty of endorsement opportunities for another superstar when you have the benefit of a market like So Cal.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Not to mention that he should, theoretically start outperforming James. LeBron is a freak of nature, but father time is undefeated.

I am really perplexed by Leonard, though. Why such an introvert wants to play in LA is beyond me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chris Paul had all the charisma of a tree stump and look at all the love he got and that was while Kobe still owned the town. Lebron will surely dominate but there's still plenty of endorsement opportunities for another superstar when you have the benefit of a market like So Cal.
Compared to Kawhi Chris Paul is magic Johnson

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hold on wait what?!?!?

The Lakers signed Micheal Beasley?

Is this the land of misfit toys wtf are they doing in LA

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Hold on wait what?!?!?

The Lakers signed Micheal Beasley?

Is this the land of misfit toys wtf are they doing in LA
They call it La La Land for a reason (or two ... or three). :)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they're purposefully surrounding Lebron with crap just so they can blame it all on them for not making the playoffs this year. It would have been hard for him with the Lakers team from last year. If you add some of the head cases they did though it appears to be harder than if they did nothing. Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Rondo, and Beasley are all head cases. They need to bring back Nick Young and they can roll out a starting 5 that belongs in the psyche ward, not the NBA. Such an odd mismatch of "talent". To be a fly on the wall in that locker room. I feel bad for Luke Walton, honestly. Poor guy thought Lavar was bad. He's going to be begging for Liangelo and Lamelo to join Lonzo if it means getting rid of those guys.

One odd choice was letting Frye go to Cleveland. Lebron likes him, they had a good relationship, he was in LA and they had his bird rights but somehow he signed with Cleveland instead of being kept by the Lakers when they could have used on the floor and the locker room.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they're purposefully surrounding Lebron with crap just so they can blame it all on them for not making the playoffs this year. It would have been hard for him with the Lakers team from last year. If you add some of the head cases they did though it appears to be harder than if they did nothing. Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Rondo, and Beasley are all head cases. They need to bring back Nick Young and they can roll out a starting 5 that belongs in the psyche ward, not the NBA. Such an odd mismatch of "talent". To be a fly on the wall in that locker room. I feel bad for Luke Walton, honestly. Poor guy thought Lavar was bad. He's going to be begging for Liangelo and Lamelo to join Lonzo if it means getting rid of those guys.

One odd choice was letting Frye go to Cleveland. Lebron likes him, they had a good relationship, he was in LA and they had his bird rights but somehow he signed with Cleveland instead of being kept by the Lakers when they could have used on the floor and the locker room.

Conspiracy thinker much?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I didn't see Paul nearly as much as Kobe here in LA. The Clippers are an afterthought in LA even when they are good.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see Paul nearly as much as Kobe here in LA. The Clippers are an afterthought in LA even when they are good.

Nor did I. But do you really believe Paul gets those State Farm commercials without landing in LA? He's not charismatic at all, as a player or as a person. I never saw anything on a national level involving Paul until after he became a Clipper. And now he's got Jeep, Upper Deck and Powerade behind him too.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They will need to start winning playoff series and perhaps at least multiple trips to the conference finals before people care for them even a bit. The Lakers just rule the town.

It’s why I’ve always felt Clippers should be the team that gets moved to Seattle if NBA is adamant on bringing a team there. Imo, no city no matter how large should have two nba teams.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not to mention that he should, theoretically start outperforming James. LeBron is a freak of nature, but father time is undefeated.
LeBron already does not like being defended by him

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Love signs a 4 year, $120 million extension with Cavs.

What in the world are they thinking? No wonder no one was trading for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave