Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Jeff Duncan
@JeffDuncan_

·
40m

Zion Williamson’s step-father, Lee Anderson, says on the Off the Bench radio show in Baton Rouge that Zion is "excited about the prospect of getting down there and getting settled” in New Orleans & added that returning to Duke “is not something that we have even considered."

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

·
12m

Sources: Zion Williamson met in Chicago with the New Orleans Pelicans and Memphis Grizzlies, the top two teams in the Draft lottery. Williamson had a positive meeting with New Orleans and prior to lottery, he cited Pelicans as a targeted team to start career.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lotta spin in that article. Conley's contract is a problem. And he is an old 31. He won't be easy to deal.

The Grizzlies may end up keeping Conley because his salary is huge.

If a team could clear the salary space and throw in a first round pick and perhaps a backup point guard they might get a deal done.

Johnson and Warren might work along with Bucks pick and Okobo or Melton.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Grizzlies may end up keeping Conley because his salary is huge.

If a team could clear the salary space and throw in a first round pick and perhaps a backup point guard they might get a deal done.

Johnson and Warren might work along with Bucks pick and Okobo or Melton.
I think you could get him for the space and a young marginal players. Space and Okobo for instance.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you could get him for the space and a young marginal players. Space and Okobo for instance.

It could well be. I'd give up the Bucks pick if it makes the trade easier to swallow for the Grizzlies front office and fans.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It could well be. I'd give up the Bucks pick if it makes the trade easier to swallow for the Grizzlies front office and fans.
I am just not interested, I don't think. I guess it depends on how the draft goes. There are pf's I would prefer to focus on. Then maybe we pick up a player like TJ McConnell. After all, we really need three TJ's on our team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am just not interested, I don't think. I guess it depends on how the draft goes. There are pf's I would prefer to focus on. Then maybe we pick up a player like TJ McConnell. After all, we really need three TJ's on our team.

It's a lot of money to tie up for sure. Hopefully there are more reasonable options. I like McConnell in a combination with other experienced point guards.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Lotta spin in that article. Conley's contract is a problem. And he is an old 31. He won't be easy to deal.
Just to make this work, they have to take back Tyler Johnson and TJ Warren, which works for year one of Conley's contract, but we are about $20 million off in year two. TJ's contract is just too friendly! For his stats, TJ really is a bargain. We would have to get a third team involved. Also, we would have to net some pieces just for taking on that salary. Pretty sure James Jones won't do this when there are other options available.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a lot of money to tie up for sure. Hopefully there are more reasonable options. I like McConnell in a combination with other experienced point guards.

McConnell? Why?

He’s pretty much worthless. I get the whole scrappy white guy thing but what does he do well really? We have stop gap guys we need a legit starting nba PG now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McConnell? Why?

He’s pretty much worthless. I get the whole scrappy white guy thing but what does he do well really? We have stop gap guys we need a legit starting nba PG now.

McConnell would be solid point guard depth which the Suns sorely lacked last season. He can shoot, pass and has a good assist to turnover ratio.

He not a star but he is solid in combination with other point guards.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pelicans owner has said Anthony Davis will be traded to the Lakers over his dead body.

Love this. Screw the Lakers and Lebron - I hate them both.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McConnell would be solid point guard depth which the Suns sorely lacked last season. He can shoot, pass and has a good assist to turnover ratio.

He not a star but he is solid in combination with other point guards.

So pretty much Tyler Johnson. We don’t lack depth and role players at PG, we lack talent. A player like that is the last thing this team needs at PG

Mconnell averaged 2 points 1 assist in the playoffs. Great

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pelicans owner has said Anthony Davis will be traded to the Lakers over his dead body.

Love this. Screw the Lakers and Lebron - I hate them both.

Lol good for him. With Zion in house now they aren’t desperate anymore. Send him to Boston for all those assets and Tatum and set yourself up for the next 10 years

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol good for him. With Zion in house now they aren’t desperate anymore. Send him to Boston for all those assets and Tatum and set yourself up for the next 10 years

he'd bolt Boston within a year unless Kyrie stays (which doesn't seem likely). Without Tatum and all those assets he'd be stuck on a team just as mediocre-bad as he is now. And I don't think Boston makes that trade unless he signs an extension and if there's no one to play with, don't see him doing that. Without Kyrie and Tatum, he's not going to be excited about playing with the corpse of Heyward and Jalen Brown.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So pretty much Tyler Johnson. We don’t lack depth and role players at PG, we lack talent. A player like that is the last thing this team needs at PG

Mconnell averaged 2 points 1 assist in the playoffs. Great

This is not a fair way to judge McConnell because he played limited minutes in the playoffs.

His career average is more indicative of his play with 6.4 points, 4.7 assists, 1.3 steals and a TOV of only 1.6.

McConnell is a depth point guard. I will take those number for a bench point guard any day of the week.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If Middleton opts out the Bucks will have space for a max contract. Not that a superstar will go there but imagine KD or Kawhi playing with The Greek Freak.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Middleton opts out the Bucks will have space for a max contract. Not that a superstar will go there but imagine KD or Kawhi playing with The Greek Freak.

Leonard doesn’t seem the type to join another superstar. I mean he just got done with game 2 against the bucks.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This is not a fair way to judge McConnell because he played limited minutes in the playoffs.

His career average is more indicative of his play with 6.4 points, 4.7 assists, 1.3 steals and a TOV of only 1.6.

McConnell is a depth point guard. I will take those number for a bench point guard any day of the week.
We already have too many bench Point Guards. We need a starting Point Guard.

And Booker filling that spot didn't produce results.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We already have too many bench Point Guards. We need a starting Point Guard.

And Booker filling that spot didn't produce results.
Well. You have to get an experienced pg from somewhere. Kyrie is not coming here, Walls contract is a mess and he won’t play next year anyway, Rubio is limited offensively and he is Igor’s buddie. He isn’t coming. Neither is Elfrid. Options are limited.