The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends. If they win the lottery, they have the assets to interest the Pelicans I believe.

Their lottery pick (providing it's #1) would have to be a big part of it. It's going to take a lot more than Kevin Knox to draw the Pelicans interest.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their lottery pick (providing it's #1) would have to be a big part of it. It's going to take a lot more than Kevin Knox to draw the Pelicans interest.

Yeah I don't believe they are a player for Davis without the Zion pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers hire Frank Vogel. Jason Kidd will be part of the staff.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don’t understand this. They tried to make Lue take on Jason Kidd and now they make Vogel take Kidd why not just freaking hire Kidd.

Kidd is clearly the guy Lebron wants. This is the Lakers trying to tell Lebron he’s not in charge but in a soft ass way.

Vogel will be fired by the all star break and Kidd will be the coach

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Lakers hire Frank Vogel. Jason Kidd will be part of the staff.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Ahem...

Excuse me.

Excellent hires LA, I’m sure it will go swimmingly.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Save the sarcasm for us professionals BC.
I've lived in the Valley for 41 years, but was raised in New Jersey, where sarcasm is the State language.

I vowed I wouldn't take it with me but, every once in awhile, it rears its head. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've lived in the Valley for 41 years, but was raised in New Jersey, where sarcasm is the State language.

I vowed I wouldn't take it with me but, every once in awhile, it rears its head. :)

Yeah, I know, you've mentioned a few times that you don't use sarcasm - that's why I was teasing you. I don't use it as much anymore but for most of my life, it was my native tongue. I still use it occasionally but I try to stick to the softer side of sarcasm these days.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So here is my prediction. Kyrie to the Lakers. He has learned his lesson. His best role is playing LeBron's "Robin". He will not succeed with the Knicks and he knows it, especially if they do not land Durant.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Great coach but very surprising to me I can't imagine he wants to deal with NBA attitudes. Also interesting if his style translates, it probably does offensively not sure about defensively he's sort of famous for the 1-3-1 although they played less of that in recent years.

Curious who Michigan hires, his son is a coach but not that experienced, I wonder if they promote his top assistant.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It is definitely a strange hire. If you asked me to name any college coach who was likely to jump to the NBA right now, Beilein would have had to be near the bottom of the list. His coaching style and age just makes him such an unlikely fit for the NBA.

Apparently, one of the main guys in the Cavs front office is a former player at WVU under Beilein, which probably explains it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard