The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

D’Angelo Russell recruiting his buddy...who’s under contract for another 5 years.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

D’Angelo Russell recruiting his buddy...who’s under contract for another 5 years.

Hey D’lo, if your want to play with Book there’s a much simpler solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hey D’lo, if your want to play with Book there’s a much simpler solution.

Except I'm pretty sure Book wants out of here. He's certainly playing and talking like he does...

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Except I'm pretty sure Book wants out of here. He's certainly playing and talking like he does...

Even if you’re right he has no leverage to make that happen.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Even if you’re right he has no leverage to make that happen.

People said the same thing about Eric Bledsoe at the beginning of the 2017-18 season...

Bledsoe, Markeiff Morris and to a much lesser extent Anthony Davis have provided Booker and others the road map:

Quit on your team and become a distraction, or worse a cancer, to the point where your current team has no choice but to let you go.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hmm.

The thought occurred to me it could be reverse recruiting.... Russell saying he wants to play with Booker... not necessarily where.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
I'm not saying Booker wants out but if he did he'd have leverage. A disgruntled "Booker" could destroy this franchise right now.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm not saying Booker wants out but if he did he'd have leverage. A disgruntled "Booker" could destroy this franchise right now.
And certainly, with his comments, add to this not being a chosen destination for players who could help us.

I'm not saying I disagree with Book being honest. Anyone who follows NBA teams sees how the Suns have
fallen under current ownership. But Book's attitude gives it even more credence from the inside.

We need a Clearwater Revival. :)

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And certainly, with his comments, add to this not being a chosen destination for players who could help us.

I'm not saying I disagree with Book being honest. Anyone who follows NBA teams sees how the Suns have
fallen under current ownership. But Book's attitude gives it even more credence from the inside.

We need a Clearwater Revival. :)

I'll give Creedence to that...;)

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He is flat out nuts, I would be terrified to give him a long term max. IMO, he is going to spend his career rapidly wearing out his welcome/giving up on teams at the first sign of turmoil.

It would be absolutely hilarious if he signs with the Lakers, I can see him giving press conferences like this one within the first 2 weeks of being on their roster.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is flat out nuts, I would be terrified to give him a long term max. IMO, he is going to spend his career rapidly wearing out his welcome/giving up on teams at the first sign of turmoil.

It would be absolutely hilarious if he signs with the Lakers, I can see him giving press conferences like this one within the first 2 weeks of being on their roster.

He has also talked about retiring in his early to mid 30's. I don't know if he's guaranteed to make it all the way through his next contract. Even if he does and retires after it, that will leave a team in a bad position. I know contracts are only 4 or 5 years but when you get a superstar in their prime it's not usual to plan on them being with your team beyond that initial contract and re-up towards the end of it. With Kyrie though that isn't guaranteed though. Maybe the Celtics would have been better off keeping IT? He'll be available after Kyrie bolts in the offseason.

I wouldn't want Kyrie on my team if I were trying to build a legit contender. He already has a title under his belt and if he doesn't win another before his career is over I don't think he'll lose any sleep over it. Having already won a title is one of the things he mentioned in the article I read towards the end of 2018 about how he hopes to retire in his early 30's. When a player is able to check that title accomplishment off of their goals so early in their career I think some struggle to find reasons to play, especially when their body isn't cooperating with them. Kyrie has had a few knee surgeries already and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having another at some point in the future. I believe the last one he had was a scope just to clean things up and for him to need that at his age already that's a reason I think he may end needing another in the next few years. I could see the Lakers gambling on him because of the Lebron connection and with how Kyrie and Lebron "made up" earlier this year, perhaps he joined Lebron for another title run. Boston is in a tough spot and it won't surprise anyone for them to throw a max offer at him but they almost need to in order to keep their window open. Any other team that hopes to be a contender might think twice about signing Kyrie to be "The Man" on their team though.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s good Kyrie lets the Celtics know ahead of time. Obviously there’s are some lockeroom issues with the whole team. Might be best to just part ways. Bad part is a season thrown away as they don’t look like they’re the top team in the east as many protected.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s good Kyrie lets the Celtics know ahead of time. Obviously there’s are some lockeroom issues with the whole team. Might be best to just part ways. Bad part is a season thrown away as they don’t look like they’re the top team in the east as many protected.

When did he let the team know? That's news to me. He said at the beginning of the year that he planned on resigning at the end of the year but since then he's back tracked some being evasive when asked about his offseason and future plans in the league. They're struggling right now but I don't think they intend to move on from him at this point. It's too late to move on but if he did tell them he isn't coming back now then they might try taking him out of the starting lineup and salvage things the best they can. All indications have been that they will make him a max offer when the season ends and it's up to him as to what he wants to do.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
How do you figure it could get any worse?

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Short-term deals would be best for Kyrie and his team. The issue is that teams have magical thinking, or just gamble on years 1 and 2, and his agent will tell them what they want to hear.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When did he let the team know? That's news to me. He said at the beginning of the year that he planned on resigning at the end of the year but since then he's back tracked some being evasive when asked about his offseason and future plans in the league. They're struggling right now but I don't think they intend to move on from him at this point. It's too late to move on but if he did tell them he isn't coming back now then they might try taking him out of the starting lineup and salvage things the best they can. All indications have been that they will make him a max offer when the season ends and it's up to him as to what he wants to do.

indirectly he’s letting them know.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyrie ain’t the problem the problem is they got a bunch of kids who pretty much understand the Celtics are just waiting for the offseason to trade them all and it’s destroyed that team.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brad was a miracle coach when Kyrie was not playing. Hmmm.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard