The 2014-15 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
barring injury, Randle is a super solid building block for the Lakers future. With that said, I hope his foot falls off.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's if he even does it. And it isn't really a surgery, it is the removal of the screw from a high school surgery. Personally, I'd do it. It's a 6 week recovery.

It's up for debate what type of surgery he might need. Kupchak said it could be surgery that takes him out for 6 months, not weeks.

"One reason Randle might have fallen in the draft is that there are reports he may need surgery to rearrange a pin that was incorrectly placed in his foot when he broke it while playing for his Dallas-area high school. But it didn't stop him from leading Kentucky to within a few missed free throws of winning the national championship game against Connecticut this spring, and Kupchak said he has no long-term concerns.

"We felt that his talent was such that even if he did have to miss a period of time with that kind of injury — it could be six months if necessary — it would not impact his career."

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/3/article/p2p-80651924/

again, I hope it's the above and his foot falls off.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kups the only one I've seen that says 6 months. Randle himself has said 6 weeks.

With recent track record though, it could be 6 years. :bang:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyrie signs a 5 year extension. there goes that plan for 2015 (and once Love gets traded, there goes that plan as well).

looks like the Lakers are going to have to build the old-fashioned way through the draft.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unlikely to build via draft. They will build via FA.

with who? for years, all anyone (including you) has talked about is irving (not happening), Love (super unlikely to happen), Durant? Because he's going to just pick up and leave a title contender to go a franchise that has no future? who are these FA you see (that will likely all sign extensions like every guy Laker fans have championed as their big target in 2015...2016) that they'll rebuild with?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is they go after mid tier FA with upside (lance Stephenson types) instead of the max route. They will then look to the 2016 market.

Drafting Randle effectively eliminates pursuit of Love anyway. They have no Draft picks...they can't build via the draft. Randle is a great pull for them, but the rest of their "draft picks" will be young guys in FA with upside.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is they go after mid tier FA with upside (lance Stephenson types) instead of the max route. They will then look to the 2016 market.

Drafting Randle effectively eliminates pursuit of Love anyway. They have no Draft picks...they can't build via the draft. Randle is a great pull for them, but the rest of their "draft picks" will be young guys in FA with upside.

:championship:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know what's weird...the LA papers keep claiming the Suns have the Lakers pick next year. they say it like it's a sure thing, no protection or anything. do they have that wrong or are their writers just delusional to the point that they think the Lakers will be good enough that it won't be in the lotto?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers won't be in the lotto. Only you are delusional and think that they will be.

If they are, you get the pick. But they won't be. Bank it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, and in that vid he shows off some long J range. That's good...develop that JR! Of course, it is against Mad Dog Madsen, but still.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know what's weird...the LA papers keep claiming the Suns have the Lakers pick next year. they say it like it's a sure thing, no protection or anything. do they have that wrong or are their writers just delusional to the point that they think the Lakers will be good enough that it won't be in the lotto?

Tis top 5 protected, I think. Will the Lakers be lining up their trophies as bench players? How can you project them to make the playoffs with only 4 players on the roster?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers won't be in the lotto. Only you are delusional and think that they will be.

If they are, you get the pick. But they won't be. Bank it.

lol...okay. One legged 36 year old Kobe Bryant and...what is going to make them a 50 win team to get into the playoffs in the West? a two-legged Kobe, Pau and Dwight barely got them in two years ago.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man I hope Melo is stupid enough to sign in LA. That's pretty much doom for as long as his contract lasts...and probably keeps them mediocre enough to never get anyone of worth in the drafy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh cheese.

is this really your answer? or are you just afraid to say something else delusional like the Lakers are eventually going to get Kyrie and Love...which proved delusional.

i'd really like to see what the Lakers masterplan is to get back in the playoffs this year.

Last edited: