The 2009-10 Los Angeles Lakers thread

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record;

Grant Hill got boned by the refs all game.

Kobe drank LeBron's milkshake

Dragic is a very solid player

Suns' fans will take out there anger on the refs and Lakers' fans, but Frye and "Stat" carry a heavy load.

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
For the record;

Suns' fans will take out there anger on the refs and Lakers' fans, but Frye and "Stat" carry a heavy load.

That's a given.

Gotta say, I feel pretty damn good after this game! You never know how a team will come out after a long layoff, but they took it to 'em! Kobe reminded everyone who the best player on the planet is.

Game 2 is critical mass for PHX. If the Lakers win it's over. No way is PHX beating the Lakers 4 out of 5.

Lakers in 5.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great play by the "bigs" ... Odom was awesome from the bench ... I thought Shannon Brown was gonna fly ... Everyone was hitting shots ... Great game.

:thumbup:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Historically, the Lakers are 58-7 when winning the first game of a seven game series and Phil is something like 45-0 when winning the first game.

Feeling pretty confident. :)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice start: 36 point first quarter while shooting 58%.

Keep it going, guys !!!

Go Lakers !!!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare didnt have much to say after the game;

You must be registered for see images

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucky number 7!

I had about the greatest 4th quarter of all time...watched it with my oldest, high fiving and breaking down the way to throw a fade away jumper, etc. Good times indeed.

Go Lakes!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game 4 - 3rd quarter - Kobe with the ball on the left perimeter was working and the lead all but vanished...4th quarter - they went completely away from this and the lead went back up. Why? For all the talk of how great Phil is, I've seen him do a lot of stupid stuff with this current team - going back to the Finals two years ago when they were beating the crap out of the Celtics...until he made moves to get away from what was working...and the Celtics got right back in the games. Just bizarre.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW: Suns' fans like to throw the term bandwagon around quite a bit. Sort of ironic. It is funny to watch the increasing number of "Suns' fans" coming out from hiding and wearing Suns' gear when they were not so visibly supporting the team after games 1 and 2.

:D

After games 1 and 2, I told everyone it was going to be tied at 2-2 going back to L.A. Most said they hoped so, but it looked more like a sweep to them. Now some of the same people are coming to me and saying "How about them Suns, eh?" and "Your Lakers don't look so hot now. Ha Ha!" 0

Uh, numskulls - I said this was going to happen. I predicted Lakers in 7. :doi:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rematch, Celtic muffers! This is such a sweet, sweet payback tour!

Note: Celtics wore EC Champs gear on court, happy and touched their trophy. Lakers looked like a funeral was taking place during their WCF title presentation.

Eyes on the prize...and foot on Paul Pierce's throat. Boston is going down in 6. This is going to be the sweetest title since Showtime...a real, earned title at the hands of the green beast.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who effing cares? I mean really? Does any of this hold any signifacane? I wont be watching.. Dont care either way.. Hopefully the Packers win the NBA title.. Adam.. Im gonna train my kid to beat up your kid.. Why? Cuz this is PHX.. So long man, have a good trip..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who effing cares? I mean really? Does any of this hold any signifacane? I wont be watching.. Dont care either way.. Hopefully the Packers win the NBA title.. Adam.. Im gonna train my kid to beat up your kid.. Why? Cuz this is PHX.. So long man, have a good trip..

Take care, Jared Dudley.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rematch, Celtic muffers! This is such a sweet, sweet payback tour!

Note: Celtics wore EC Champs gear on court, happy and touched their trophy. Lakers looked like a funeral was taking place during their WCF title presentation.

Eyes on the prize...and foot on Paul Pierce's throat. Boston is going down in 6. This is going to be the sweetest title since Showtime...a real, earned title at the hands of the green beast.

I'm still pissed about '08. It should be 16 titles each right now and we should be going for the tiebreaker. Instead we trail 17-15. Ah well, at least we can get within one. Beat Boston !!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

C'mon, Gee...embrace your home state...Wisconsin...a state that's home to an NBA team that's won a title.

:fearthedeer:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'mon, Gee...embrace your home state...Wisconsin...a state that's home to an NBA team that's won a title.

:fearthedeer:

Right after you and Donald and Adam embrace your Suns and having no titles.. And call DCR for back up.. That would be a hoot with his laker nut hugging butt..

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee - your season is over.

Ours has only just begun. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Go Lakers !!!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee - your season is over.

Ours has only just begun. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Go Lakers !!!

We might as well give this state back over to Mexico since no one wants to represent it correctly.. Bunch of Dallas Cowboys and LA Lakers fans.. Its a losing cause.. Your voice has been heard.. Where do I sign up for some pesos? Cant beat em, gotta join em..

BTW I cant wait to stab my fellow fans at any given chance cuz its my right in the USA to cause havoc as I see fit..

Go Lakers and Cowboys!!!!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one is trying to convert you, Gee. Root for whichever teams you want and allow everyone else the same freedom. Quit being a tool.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard