The 2008-09 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
So various sources say Jameer Nelson will play in the finals for Orlando. Not sure how strong he'll be, but if he's 100% then the Magic will win this series in 5. Nelson always kills the Lakers, and exposes their over rated defense. Hopefully he doesn't play or doesn't play at 100%. Guess we'll find out Thursday.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So fellas...after the Finals...do we start The Official 2009-10 Los Angeles Lakers Thread here in the Smack Shack where the first one was rudely moved to long ago and the rest have been created...or do we start it in the new Sub-Forum?

I vote for here just on the history of these threads.

The original was started because of Suns fans whining about too much Lakers talk in the Suns (and other NBA) forum. I thought one thread dedicated to talk about the Lakers would alleviate some of the tension in the Suns fans, and since it was being created by a mod would give it some level of respect, but it only angered them and they said "A Lakers thread in this forum - hell no!" and sent the thread bouncing from one forum to another until it ended up in the Smack Shack.

Let me know what you think. We have time while we watch our team play in June...again...which rocks. :cool:

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So fellas...after the Finals...do we start The Official 2009-10 Los Angeles Lakers Thread here in the Smack Shack where the first one was rudely moved to long ago and the rest have been created...or do we start it in the new Sub-Forum?

I vote for here just on the history of these threads.

The original was started because of Suns fans whining about too much Lakers talk in the Suns (and other NBA) forum. I thought one thread dedicated to talk about the Lakers would alleviate some of the tension in the Suns fans, and since it was being created by a mod would give it some level of respect, but it only angered them and they said "A Lakers thread in this forum - hell no!" and sent the thread bouncing from one forum to another until it ended up in the Smack Shack.

Let me know what you think. We have time while we watch our team play in June...again...which rocks. :cool:

Here because people WHINE and cry way too much. Keep the Laker talk in here. Of course it will devolve into smack talk garbage since the arguments against the Lakes are weak on point.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
One win away! :D

It's going to be sweet seeing guys like Ariza, Odom and Gasol getting their first rings. Oh, and #4 for Kobe and Fisher along with #10 for Phil Jackson is pretty sweet too. :D

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call Gee, 'Cee', because he went all Boston Celtic during last year's Finals.

Cee was sporting so many Celtic sigs last year, it's almost like he forgot that the Celtics were one of the two teams that halted the Suns tries at a title.

His Laker hate trumped his Suns love. Poor guy...but back then he was a twinkle in the eye in Wisconsin, so we can understand.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One win away! :D

It's going to be sweet seeing guys like Ariza, Odom and Gasol getting their first rings. Oh, and #4 for Kobe and Fisher along with #10 for Phil Jackson is pretty sweet too. :D

I'm so happy for the shot for Odom and Pau in this finals. Get them some RINGS baby. And for Ariza, let's get him addicted to titles so he signs up for more. Also for Shan-wow.

Title 15 is so close I can smell it. Odom thinks it smells like candy.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Congratulations to the 2008-2009 NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers!!

What a year, lets get Ariza and Odom re-signed and do it again next year.

Congratulations Lakers!!!

You must be registered for see images

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cee was sporting so many Celtic sigs last year, it's almost like he forgot that the Celtics were one of the two teams that halted the Suns tries at a title.

His Laker hate trumped his Suns love. Poor guy...but back then he was a twinkle in the eye in Wisconsin, so we can understand.

Its like you either dont pay attention or purposely avoid reality.. Either way it doesnt cast a favorable light onto you.. But then again, thats what makes us Laker haters hate.. The Laker fans arrogance..

Last edited by a moderator:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
For me, this is the sweetest championship since '86-'87 when we beat Boston. So great to see Phil pass Red and Kobe win w/out Shaq.

So many people had the Lakers buried when Shaq left. This is such sweet vindication for the NBA's premier franchise.

GO LAKERS!!!

:beer:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, this is the sweetest championship since '86-'87 when we beat Boston. So great to see Phil pass Red and Kobe win w/out Shaq.

So many people had the Lakers buried when Shaq left. This is such sweet vindication for the NBA's premier franchise.

GO LAKERS!!!

:beer:

Really? I mean are you really serious? Wow.. You guys just beat a crap team.. How good could that feel? They clearly werent ready for the Finals in any aspect.. But hey, whatever floats your piss yellow boat..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It feels GREAT! Sorry that, as a Suns fan, you'll never know. :D

I just found it ironic that with all the history of this franchise that this series (rolling over a young inexperienced Magic) was one of the sweetest.. Youd think with all your history that a good hard fought series win would be sweet.. Not that pansy series we were all forced to witness..

By the way.. Nice job on the irrelevant Suns comment.. And for the record.. If the Suns did what you guys did tonite, Id be estatic.. Only because we never won one.. I just came to think you guys knew and appreciated hard fought victories.. But then again, I forgot I was talking to a Laker fan.. my bad..

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? I mean are you really serious? Wow.. You guys just beat a crap team.. How good could that feel? They clearly werent ready for the Finals in any aspect.. But hey, whatever floats your piss yellow boat..

Did you even read his post?

Phil passed Red for the most coaching wins and we're gaining on the Celtics for most titles won.

What's not to love? :shrug:

Clearly the Cavs weren't ready for the Finals...they couldn't beat this Magic team.

Who should we have beaten to make it more legit in your mind?

You can't choose your competition.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very happy for Lamar and Pau. Very deserved, and they showed up huge. Trevor getting a ring is great too.

Phil getting 10, passing Red (hell effing yes!) and doing it with the least "stacked" team he's ever had, that's great.

Big shots from Fish, solid play from Kobe, title number 15. The only thing that stops this from being over the top happy is that we gave up a title to the Celtics last year and instead of being knotted at 16 apiece, we trail them by two still. That still burns. Hope it burns the franchise as much.

The battle is to win titles; the war is to be the best, hands down no question, franchise of all time.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
It's going to be fun now listening to all the idiot haters who are going to say the Magic aren't a good team just to avoid giving credit to the Lakers. The Magic were absolutely one of the best teams in the league and they were in the finals because they were the best in the East. The beat Boston and everyone said "well, they didn't have Garnett." Fair enough, but then they went on and played the best team in the NBA this year and beat them to advance to the finals. You don't do that if you're not a very good team. Even as good as the Lakers are, there was one blow out (Game 1) and almost every other game could have gone either way if you changed one single shot. The series was a dog fight and one the Lakers should be very proud of. To discredit the Lakers by saying the Magic just wern't good enough is idiocy of epic proportion.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be fun now listening to all the idiot haters who are going to say the Magic aren't a good team just to avoid giving credit to the Lakers.

Im on to you and your passive aggressive posts that are aimed/not aimed my way to further your snitching stance..