The 2006 Fiesta Bowl-- Boise State vs. Oklahoma/Nebraska winner

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
The 2007 Fiesta Bowl-- Boise State vs. Oklahoma/Nebraska winner

Yep, that's the 65 million dollar rumor that is almost 90 percent confirmed.

What do you guys think of this match up?

I'm truthfully thinking Oklahoma- Boise State could be a hell of a game and a real test to see if the Broncos can take that next step from "real good" to the Gonzaga of College Football.

Last edited:

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I think it'll be a good game but I'd rather see Nebraska in there. I hate Oklahoma. I hope Boise State can prove how good they are and maybe get some more national recognition. It is their fault that they don't schedule tougher teams though...

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I think it'll be a good game but I'd rather see Nebraska in there. I hate Oklahoma. I hope Boise State can prove how good they are and maybe get some more national recognition. It is their fault that they don't schedule tougher teams though...

I think we want people to come to our house on occasion and not just schedule away games all the time. Not many people actually want to play us since the chance of losing would hurt since we are a Mid-Major

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Yep, that's the 65 million dollar rumor that is almost 90 percent confirmed.

What do you guys think of this match up?

I'm truthfully thinking Oklahoma- Boise State could be a hell of a game and a real test to see if the Broncos can take that next step from "real good" to the Gonzaga of College Football.

Onto the matchup. It's interesting that our reward for finishing 12-0 is a matchup against a two or three loss "BCS" team.

I think we matchup good with either team, but i'd rather see Oklahoma. I hope we can get the respect by playing well and if we win people won't just say "Well, That was a bad team anyways"

We have won 39 our of our last 40 conference games. Our defense this year is much improved and we have a great run and pass game. We aren't one dementional anymore.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Also, Hope some of you AZ residends that can get tickets will come and support the Blue and Orange!

OP
OP
Diamondback Jay

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
Onto the matchup. It's interesting that our reward for finishing 12-0 is a matchup against a two or three loss "BCS" team.

To be fair, and I'm no Oklahoma fan, but the Sooners REALLY should be a 1 loss team. I know, Should Be, Could Be.. I SHOULD be a multi-millionairre who drives a Mustang one day and a Dodge Viper the next to my job as host of the local 6 hour sports talk wrap... However, let's also be realistic.. The Sooners got badly jobbed against Oregon.. That botched call was one of the worst I've ever seen, and I'm not just talking in college football.

So, realistically the Sooners SHOULD have 1 loss now, and in the running for the BCS Championship Game. Making matters even better, the team went 6-0 WITHOUT Adrian Peterson, and are expected to get him back for the BCS game.

I see the Sooners steamrolling Nebraska truthfully and giving Boise State the chance to prove they belong. I do agree, Boise beating a 3 loss Nebraska team is no better than Utah getting matched against 4 loss Pitt a few years ago, but Oklahoma is not to be ignored.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
To be fair, and I'm no Oklahoma fan, but the Sooners REALLY should be a 1 loss team. I know, Should Be, Could Be.. I SHOULD be a multi-millionairre who drives a Mustang one day and a Dodge Viper the next to my job as host of the local 6 hour sports talk wrap... However, let's also be realistic.. The Sooners got badly jobbed against Oregon.. That botched call was one of the worst I've ever seen, and I'm not just talking in college football.

So, realistically the Sooners SHOULD have 1 loss now, and in the running for the BCS Championship Game. Making matters even better, the team went 6-0 WITHOUT Adrian Peterson, and are expected to get him back for the BCS game.

I see the Sooners steamrolling Nebraska truthfully and giving Boise State the chance to prove they belong. I do agree, Boise beating a 3 loss Nebraska team is no better than Utah getting matched against 4 loss Pitt a few years ago, but Oklahoma is not to be ignored.

I won't say the Sooners got robbed because there were some very favorable no calls in that game that led to them scoring. If everything was called right they would have lost. They also had 2 or 3 more chances at the end to win and they failed. So I count them as a 2 loss team.

Last edited:

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
They are getting the turf ready for the new home team:)

Attachments

• Feild.png
    Feild.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 205

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for the curious, but my prediction is Oklahoma will whoop ass. Sorry Boise Suns guy. I will be pulling for Boise State, but this will be the acid test for the Broncs. It will either make a case for smaller conferences or send them packing.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
yep, we need to show up big to prove we belong. If it's Oklahoma, I want Peterson playing so there is no excuses.

OP
OP
Diamondback Jay

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
I want to get tickets for my father and I, but I'm having a hard time finding where to purchase them.. Anyone know?

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping Boise would play Notre Dame because neither has much of a defense and it would be a high scoring shootout.

My guess is Boise matches up better with Nebraska than Oklahoma. A Boise win would be great.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
yep, we need to show up big to prove we belong. If it's Oklahoma, I want Peterson playing so there is no excuses.

Congrats boisesuns! I really hope you guys win it but my wallet is saying pick Oklahoma. I need a reason to believe. Is this year's Boise squad that much better than last year's team that lost a bowl game to Boston College?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only bowl game worst than this matchup (and it's close) is the Orange Bowl. Louisville and Wake Forest yuck

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Congrats boisesuns! I really hope you guys win it but my wallet is saying pick Oklahoma. I need a reason to believe. Is this year's Boise squad that much better than last year's team that lost a bowl game to Boston College?

We have a running game (The nations TD leader) and a much improved defense. We should play them tough.

We have a lot of experience and good size as well. Oklahoma is a good team, and we will meed play our best to win.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
The only bowl game worst than this matchup (and it's close) is the Orange Bowl. Louisville and Wake Forest yuck

Why don't you like the matchup? Because you haven't heard of Boise State or seen them much?

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Watching Wake Forest paly is like watching paint dry. They are all defense. If they hold down Boise State, this could be a single digit score.

I agree about Wake Forest but I was talking about Boise State vs Oklahoma

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort