That’s Why You Fire Kliff

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
cardpa, off topic, but what does Gunga Galunga mean?
It's from Caddyshack. It's a phrase the Bill Murray character (Carl Spackler) used when he was talking about caddying for the Dali Lama and the Lama stiffed him on his tip but gave him this instead Gunga Galunga. According to the movie it means you will have total consciousness on your deathbed. Love this movie.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
It got awkward today. Seemed like Kyler is tired of looking like a jerk face who can't manage a play clock. I'm no lip reader but at one point when Kyler was publicly venting the camera went on Kingsbury just in time to see him saying "I know!"

I've always thought Kingsbury was only holding Kyler back and now I'm starting to think Kyler is feeling the same way.

Is the Kingsbury and Kyler love affair nearly kaput?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It got awkward today. Seemed like Kyler is tired of looking like a jerk face who can't manage a play clock. I'm no lip reader but at one point when Kyler was publicly venting the camera went on Kingsbury just in time to see him saying "I know!"

I've always thought Kingsbury was only holding Kyler back and now I'm starting to think Kyler is feeling the same way.

Is the Kingsbury and Kyler love affair nearly kaput?
I mean the late substitution thing which is all coaching can’t keep happening again and again and again. We blow 1-2 timeouts a game on this and have to rush snaps on several others.

And no it doesn’t happen frequently to other teams in the league.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean the late substitution thing which is all coaching can’t keep happening again and again and again. We blow 1-2 timeouts a game on this and have to rush snaps on several others.

Kyler blowing up in the middle of the field with Kliff and his deer in the headlights look and response says it all...There is no way in any sane world that Kliff should be head coach and offensive coordinator. Put his ass in a box and an actual coach on the field to manage the game....it's beyond obvious at this point IMHO..

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

It’s definitely a Kliff problem! I saw this same exact poor situational football, struggles to substitute personnel & constant wasting of timeouts at Texas Tech. 9 years of the same ol is who he is! A poor HC & at some point Kyler & Kliff are going to have some heated exchanges face to face because it’s almost at implode time imo

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It’s definitely a Kliff problem! I saw this same exact poor situational football, struggles to substitute personnel & constant wasting of timeouts at Texas Tech. 9 years of the same ol is who he is! A poor HC & at some point Kyler & Kliff are going to have some heated exchanges face to face because it’s almost at implode time imo

Don't kill me Bucky, but we when we were firing on all cylinders last year, it was a thing of beauty. Maybe the rest of the league figured him out, or maybe it was Dhop being hurt and sucky online play. And we won eleven games last year (in spite of K2?).

I trust you, and I'm really worried about K2 also, but he still has a little bit of runway left at least with me.

What really concerns me more than anything is that if we do make it to a big game, like the conference championship or something, and it's close in Q4, will Kliff make some boneheaded decision that costs us the game. I can so easily see that happening. At the end of every game, it seems like the sideline is in utter chaos.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And at some point if he can't learn the rule he has to stop doing it. Even yesterday he was complaining to the ref it's like dude year 4 of this learn the rule.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So why doesn’t Kliff have an offensive coordinator? It seems to me he’s been around the pro and college game enough to have made some good connections with guys that could handle the job. I looked up his OC at Texas tech and it was a guy named Eric Morris. he’s now the OC at Wash. St. But he was the OC when Mahomes was at Texas Tech and put up ridiculous numbers. Or how about the OC at Oklahoma when Kyler was there. It said there we co-OC’s, Cale Grundy and Bill Bedenaugh. I’ll bet Kyler meshed well with them and they obviously scored a ton of points. So he has familiarity with them. I think Kliff needs an offensive consultant to help make him a leader not just a manager. Would Bruce Arians ever come back in that role? I agree with all the “Kliff has deer in headlights” comments. I think the added oc/play calling role is too much for him. And while Kyler will never admit it, I don’t think he’s earned Kyler’s respect.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't kill me Bucky, but we when we were firing on all cylinders last year, it was a thing of beauty. Maybe the rest of the league figured him out, or maybe it was Dhop being hurt and sucky online play. And we won eleven games last year (in spite of K2?).

I trust you, and I'm really worried about K2 also, but he still has a little bit of runway left at least with me.

What really concerns me more than anything is that if we do make it to a big game, like the conference championship or something, and it's close in Q4, will Kliff make some boneheaded decision that costs us the game. I can so easily see that happening. At the end of every game, it seems like the sideline is in utter chaos.
Well maybe we can trade Kliff for John Harbaugh.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

And you’re giving the guy more runway. After 3+ years of seeing the same thing. I wish I had a boss that didn’t care that I couldn’t do my job well.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If you are improving each year, like Kyler has in his first three, you'll be able to hold on to your job.
And if every year the excuse for inexcusable mistakes is "he's young, he's still improving," we'll never see a generational, transcendent QB in Arizona. Well, unless it's on the opposing team.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
So why doesn’t Kliff have an offensive coordinator? It seems to me he’s been around the pro and college game enough to have made some good connections with guys that could handle the job. I looked up his OC at Texas tech and it was a guy named Eric Morris. he’s now the OC at Wash. St. But he was the OC when Mahomes was at Texas Tech and put up ridiculous numbers. Or how about the OC at Oklahoma when Kyler was there. It said there we co-OC’s, Cale Grundy and Bill Bedenaugh. I’ll bet Kyler meshed well with them and they obviously scored a ton of points. So he has familiarity with them. I think Kliff needs an offensive consultant to help make him a leader not just a manager. Would Bruce Arians ever come back in that role? I agree with all the “Kliff has deer in headlights” comments. I think the added oc/play calling role is too much for him. And while Kyler will never admit it, I don’t think he’s earned Kyler’s respect.
It's well known that Kingsbury doesn't want a OC and even stated that if he had to hire a OC to call plays he would quit.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one will EVER convince me that MB buying a plane has literally ANYTHING to do with why we suck nads this year.

In fact, I would argue those types of perks make players more likely to sign with a team, versus, like, you know, making the playre pay for gatorade in the locker room, like the days of yore. Its a lazy argument.
100% this.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's well known that Kingsbury doesn't want a OC and even stated that if he had to hire a OC to call plays he would quit.
Really?

Seems a ridiculous comment from Kliff.

Is he a head coach or is he just an offensive coordinator? Seems his identity is wrapped up in his play calling

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Knowing our history, should we really be considering firing a HC who keeps us at .500 or greater, a young coach who, you would think, might only get better with more experience. Knowing the usual suspects the Cardinals usually attract and hire as HC, do we really want to go from the frying pan into the fire by shuffling coaches in and out of here again?

Just a something to consider!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose