That’s Why You Fire Kliff

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ. IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE DEFENSE. YES THE DEFENSE WAS ATROCIOUS.

The offense is a totally separate matter and calling them pedestrian or saying it “wasn’t good” is a joke of a statement. Regardless of what the defense did, the offense was awful. Period.
Stop yelling. We were discussing my ratio of offense to defense, and that is what you replied to. If you didn't want to talk about the defense at all, you probably shouldn't have quoted me.

adjective

1. lacking inspiration or excitement; dull.

That fits how the offense played in my opinion. We obviously disagree.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think it was 80% defense and 70% offense. There’s not enough percentages to add up how awful the team was as a whole.
Total team loss.

Offense.

Defense.

Special Teams.

Coaching.

GM.

Owner.

All responsible. Is it salvageable for the rest of the season? Absolutely. The Chiefs are very good team and the Cardinals played pretty poorly. Even with their best game, I doubt they could win, but they could keep it close.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's good to be Kliff. He is going to get paid to lose games on the regular for next 5 seasons or get canned but still walk away with $25.5M as I didn't read about any buyout clause in his extension.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's good to be Kliff. He is going to get paid to lose games on the regular for next 5 seasons or get canned but still walk away with $25.5M as I didn't read about any buyout clause in his extension.
Coaches get guaranteed contacts and players do not.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Total team loss.

Offense.

Defense.

Special Teams.

Coaching.

GM.

Owner.

All responsible. Is it salvageable for the rest of the season? Absolutely. The Chiefs are very good team and the Cardinals played pretty poorly. Even with their best game, I doubt they could win, but they could keep it close.
Oh I don’t know, if they were humming in all cylinders and the chiefs weren’t at their absolute best the cards could win. But there’s just something about this particular cast of characters - coaches and players - that just doesn’t seem to have “it.” I don’t know if it’s grit or intestinal fortitude or attitude or doggedness, but this just seems like a bunch of front runners.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
o still say its times of possession and run game, just look at the drive chart, no rb runs and less then 2 minutes mostly 3 and outs, even a smidge of running and we sustain drives and can score. I mean for hells sake doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand an incompletion is 0 yards, only thing worse is sack, penalty or turnover.. Negative plays determine the outcome of a game more often then highlights! And passing 3/4 time leaves any team at higher risk then more balanced game plan. please just look at the drive charts

cant imagine anybody supports an 18 second drive after the defense gets us a turnover - then no rest and right back to chiefs great offense who score. I mean screw that - should never happen, it does a lot to cards

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oh I don’t know, if they were humming in all cylinders and the chiefs weren’t at their absolute best the cards could win. But there’s just something about this particular cast of characters - coaches and players - that just doesn’t seem to have “it.” I don’t know if it’s grit or intestinal fortitude or attitude or doggedness, but this just seems like a bunch of front runners.
They had "it" for most of last season.

I think we saw the perfect storm of:
Injuries.
Bad game plan.
Chiefs playing great football.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How we look against the Rams at home will tell me a lot about this team. Todays comeback doesn’t happen very often at all. This team on both sides needs to figure out how to start fast and that includes VJ and KK. We can’t call 5 timeouts because we can’t get the play off

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Who knows? Maybe the calls were in on time but it took the offense too long to set up. It is never black or white.
Kliff struggles to get offensive substitution personnel in repeatedly along with management of the play clock. It’s on him the majority of the time! The same poor game management took place at Tech repeatedly I promise.

When it takes place for most of his HC career, it’s a coach thing. Feel free to do the homework

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think the title of the thread should be changed to, that’s why you never hire Kliff.

After 3 games, I’d rather have McDaniel from the dolphins over KK.

KK is the worst coach in the league. Does anybody think he’ll ever get another NFL HC job once the Cardinals fire him?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose