That’s Why You Fire Kliff

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, where are those posters at? I and many others totally hold our hands up and eat crow when we're wrong and the team rolls to victory. Where are the posters who got nasty arrogant about this? We all know who they are.
I don’t care where those posters are. Call outs are lame either way. I was just confused at the vehemence thrown at people who questioned the tactic.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Oh, Kliff.
I couldn’t care less what Kliff says on the radio but I care how prepared and buttoned up the offense looks. They literally come out on the first play of the season and barely get the snap off and get flagged for a motion penalty. Then on 3rd and 1, when it already looked like the defense was going to have a long day, they line up with nobody in the backfield. You run Conner or Kyler there and if they get stoned I’d accept it. Even if they ran it twice and failed I wouldn’t have been mad. Total debacle on the first drive set the tone for the rest of the day.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I mean, this team has crapped the bed, what now...6 of their last 7 games?
You forgot to mention we’ve lost 6 home games in a row too & odds are probably in favor it being 7 in a row with the Lambs in Glendale in 2 weeks. Ugh

To me that’s unacceptable, especially if you have playoff inspirations. Generally, teams are going to have to win 5-6 at home to be a playoff team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yep, where are those posters at? I and many others totally hold our hands up and eat crow when we're wrong and the team rolls to victory. Where are the posters who got nasty arrogant about this? We all know who they are.
I remember when Darksiders were all saying they don't do this...Laughable.

This is one game. You're going to look exceedingly dumb if this turns out to be a pretty wounded team playing a Super Bowl favorite. Not saying this will happen, but it could and it's not crazy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

This is one game. You're going to look exceedingly dumb if this turns out to be a pretty wounded team playing a Super Bowl favorite. Not saying this will happen, but it could and it's not crazy.
Why? NFL teams shouldn’t be run off the field in the high-variance first game of the season.

If this is “pretty wounded team,” that’s the fault of the guy who constructed the roster. JJ Watt is one of the highest-paid players on this team and has completed two of the last six seasons.

What is WILD is considering what Vance Joseph was trying to do on Sunday. No one had ever blitzed Mahomes that often ever. I assume he figured that the secondary was so bad they had to take big risks, but YEESH.

The offense failed to show up AGAIN. Bad for Kliff; bad look for Kyler.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Well, I've been waiting and waiting for folks to hold their hands up and admit their mistakes--especially when getting so nasty and condescending about it in the offseason--but you've gone ghost in that aspect. At least when this team rolls to wins I step up to the plate and eat my crow.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, I've been waiting and waiting for folks to hold their hands up and admit their mistakes--especially when getting so nasty and condescending about it in the offseason--but you've gone ghost in that aspect. At least when this team rolls to wins I step up to the plate and eat my crow.
Pot meet kettle!!

Stout

Reaction score
Pot meet kettle!!
I can be combative, no doubt. You very well must remember last season when we were playing our score prediction game, and how crazy positive I became. I bought in and owned up to what I'd said previously. Can you acknowledge how dismissive and mocking you were when these very concerns came up over the offseason?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Particularly in light of some of the postgame comments like it was the first time they played together, yada yada yada. Sheesh.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not going to call out the believers. They know who they are as do we.
I posted it’s a lot easier to eat crow when you’re a naysayer than it is when you are an over the top believer.
So all you koolaiders out there you’ll not get any flack from me.

I was once just like you.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious if you consider me in this.

I have had to stuck up for Kyler a lot this offseason, but there isn't much defending of the team's W1 performance. Having a whole offseason to prepare make this one sting a lot more than a week 4 game for example.

If I had to grade why we lost this game, I would say 70% defense, 30% offense. I wonder if Kliff is still basically hands off on the defensive side of the ball. He definitely seems to be.

All that said, this doesn't admonish Kyler, Kliff or the offense though. It was pretty pedestrian. We shouldn't have expected them to go toe to toe with Mahomes, but they probably should have had 18-20pts heading into the 4th.

Stout

Reaction score

I have had to stuck up for Kyler a lot this offseason, but there isn't much defending of the team's W1 performance. Having a whole offseason to prepare make this one sting a lot more than a week 4 game for example.

If I had to grade why we lost this game, I would say 70% defense, 30% offense. I wonder if Kliff is still basically hands off on the defensive side of the ball. He definitely seems to be.

All that said, this doesn't admonish Kyler, Kliff or the offense though. It was pretty pedestrian. We shouldn't have expected them to go toe to toe with Mahomes, but they probably should have had 18-20pts heading into the 4th.
I do not. Even if/when we've disagreed, it's never been mean-spirited, snide, or condescending. And you're bang-on with this assessment.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Yeah, sorry. I can't really agree with this.

You must be registered for see images attach

The defense gave the offense the ball back at the end of the half with the score 21-7. The offense even scores a field goal there (remember, the drive started in KC territory), you at least have a fighting chance to score back-to-back and get back in the game.

No one played well in that game. The offense stunk until Kyler and Hollywood became OU Garbage Time Heroes.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry. I can't really agree with this.

The defense gave the offense the ball back at the end of the half with the score 21-7. The offense even scores a field goal there (remember, the drive started in KC territory), you at least have a fighting chance to score back-to-back and get back in the game.

No one played well in that game. The offense stunk until Kyler and Hollywood became OU Garbage Time Heroes.
I agree they should have scored and that they should have scored more points. I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree they should have scored and that they should have scored more points. I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with...
I think the idea that the offense was pedestrian. The offense was terrible. Cheese yards and scores down 30 late in the fourth shouldnt obfuscate what was a pathetic performance.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That the offense only deserves 30% of the blame for the loss.
I think the idea that the offense was pedestrian. The offense was terrible. Cheese yards and scores down 30 late in the fourth shouldnt obfuscate what was a pathetic performance.
The offense wasn't good, but the defense was historically bad. I'll stick with my assessment.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The offense wasn't good, but the defense was historically bad. I'll stick with my assessment.
The offense “wasn’t good”? No. They were awful. Not “not good”, not “pedestrian”. AWFUL. Full stop. The defense was atrocious but that doesn’t minimize how completely pathetic the offense was.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The offense “wasn’t good”? No. They were awful. Not “not good”, not “pedestrian”. AWFUL. Full stop. The defense was atrocious but that doesn’t minimize how completely pathetic the offense was.
The defense was at least twice as bad as the offense.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Thought I would bring some facts to the thread.

I would argue that the majority of teams ranked ahead of us on offense (maybe defense as well) are considerably more talented.

We have 16 more games to figure out where we land in 2022.:newcards:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The defense was at least twice as bad as the offense.
Jesus Christ. IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE DEFENSE. YES THE DEFENSE WAS ATROCIOUS.

The offense is a totally separate matter and calling them pedestrian or saying it “wasn’t good” is a joke of a statement. Regardless of what the defense did, the offense was awful. Period.

Stout

Reaction score
Jesus Christ. IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE DEFENSE. YES THE DEFENSE WAS ATROCIOUS.

The offense is a totally separate matter and calling them pedestrian or saying it “wasn’t good” is a joke of a statement. Regardless of what the defense did, the offense was awful. Period.
Dude, you're being un-Dude, dude :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave