That’s Why You Fire Kliff

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He put his team in position to win many times yesterday and his Oline was like a sieve

The kicker let them down
You could’ve used so many other games instead of the one where he turned the ball over 5 times.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. All of this. If Hollywood saw this and didn’t go to his buddy and say “yo kyler, this doesn’t feel right, the Ravens would be doing x,y,and z” and then kyler didn’t try to get his squad to that level they’re both to blame as well. All of them are.
Do you honestly believe Kyler would have done anything if Hollywood talked to him?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He threw 4 picks, fumbled the ball twice, and his defense bailed him out by allowing 20 points despite his ineptitude. The Burrow "elite" narrative is comical.

You could’ve used so many other games instead of the one where he turned the ball over 5 times.
Agree that he had a bad game statistic wise

But the point of the game is to find a way to win

When it really mattered he put his team in a position to win more than once and did so with a porous Oline

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s hysterical
here's the thing. I never claimed the 1st team HAS to have some pre-season game time. I know it can work for some teams, doesn't work as well for others. What I was always blown away by continually on this board was the straight up ridicule for daring to question Kliff's pre-season work. People saying it was 100% proven no pre-season works... because it works for McVay and because it worked once for us last year (even though I heard yesterday, which could be wrong, that Kyler actually did get some minimal pre-season run last year) ... or calling guys like Andy Reid or Buffalo's coach dumb for getting their guys some work before live bullets. all the hardened, insulting responses to merely questioning the decision were just bewildering.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's the thing. I never claimed the 1st team HAS to have some pre-season game time. I know it can work for some teams, doesn't work as well for others. What I was always blown away by continually on this board was the straight up ridicule for daring to question Kliff's pre-season work. People saying it was 100% proven no pre-season works... because it works for McVay and because it worked once for us last year (even though I heard yesterday, which could be wrong, that Kyler actually did get some minimal pre-season run last year) ... or calling guys like Andy Reid or Buffalo's coach dumb for getting their guys some work before live bullets. all the hardened, insulting responses to merely questioning the decision were just bewildering.

By and large I would say the most successful coaches in the league right now still had their players playing at some point in the preseason… With the exception of McVay who as far as I’m concerned is a statistical anomaly. Sure it needs to be limited but the more practice you have at your job the better you get at it.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree that he had a bad game statistic wise

But the point of the game is to find a way to win

When it really mattered he put his team in a position to win more than once and did so with a porous Oline
Or did his defense more so put his team in a position to win? Remember, the Steelers only scored 17 offensive points despite causing 5 turnovers.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hollywood isn't the first guy to play for this coaching staff that came from a winning franchise/great coach.

Seems like everyone is jumping to place blame on KK (could be true) but I read those statements and think about players. "treat a route like a game rep"...is that coaching or player? I can't imagine Fitz or JJ Watt treating practice like that with or without KK as the coach.
Makes perfect sense. I saw Watt was the most serious at the practice among the DL group in the training camp videos.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Even if we were grinding and planning to start on the traditional preseason schedule, we wouldn’t have had guys playing together.

Kyler had his masturbation injury/COVID
Hollywood had a hamstring for the first two thirds of camp
Moore was pouting and hurt
Pugh had a non-contact stinger
Hudson was spending time with family
Watt had long covid
Ertz was hurt or something
2nd round TE walking around like my 70-year-old father

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So... Curious what it will take in order for fans, en masse, to come to the conclusion that Kliff isn't the right coach (for any team), and Kyler isn't a reliable NFL QB (and will never be)... I mean, this team has crapped the bed, what now...6 of their last 7 games? And the last two were colossal embarrassments.
When do the excuses stop and the consensus finally comes around to align with what some of us have known all along?

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I fire Joseph after this game and take the play calling away from Kliffy. This college experiment has gone long enough. You are going to ruin an elite talent at QB, if you haven’t already.

Name a team w an elite QB and worse Oline… you can’t .

LOL Mahomes. Mahomes went to a Super Bowl with a toilet bowl offensive line.

KM is making top 3 QB money. The excuses end now.

And Joe Burrow also went to the supper bowl last year and led most of the game with one of the worst Oline in the league.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We aren't talking about Kyler here so not sure why you're going there. No, Kyler is not elite. Kyler can be a very good quarterback when he has sufficient talent around him. With Hopkins on the field, he's played every bit as good as Burrow plays with his WR1, Jamarr Chase. Neither of these quarterbacks are good enough to overcome bad talent on the O Line and bad WRs. Take Chase away from Burrow yesterday and his game would have gone from "bad" to "disastrous". Having that insane playmaker you can throw the ball to on every play is a game changer.

The only QBs in the league elite enough to perform at a very high level consistently with a lack of talent around them are Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes in my opinion. Josh Allen is an extremely good quarterback as well but he struggled until the team traded for Stefon Diggs. But he's getting close to that tier.

So ultimately, is Kyler good enough to put the team in contention every year no matter what? NO. Is Kyler good enough to be an MVP frontrunner and have the team go 7-0 when the O Line is healthy and his #1 target is healthy? Yes.
I am 100% with you on this, which is also what I see from Kyler. He is good but not elite at this moment. The problem is Cardinals have paid him elite QB money and Kyler just being good is not gonna cut it for us.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yep, where are those posters at? I and many others totally hold our hands up and eat crow when we're wrong and the team rolls to victory. Where are the posters who got nasty arrogant about this? We all know who they are.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I fire Joseph after this game and take the play calling away from Kliffy. This college experiment has gone long enough. You are going to ruin an elite talent at QB, if you haven’t already.

Name a team w an elite QB and worse Oline… you can’t .
Personally I couldn't rank Murray as elite. Elite is Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, maybe Wilson, but certainly not Murray.