That’s Why You Fire Kliff

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I live a cul-du-sac and my neighbors are from Minnesota, Denver, Wisconsin, Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Miami and I told them some Cards’ fans wanted to fire Cliff when we are 3-0. They just laughed and said typical Cards’ fans. Just sayin’.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Watched the Niners game earlier and couldn't help thinking that Kliff is a dollar store Shanny. Both have the same pro's and con's and Kliff is just that bit worse at the cons and Shanny that bit better at the pro's.
Yeah I hope Kliff has a losing record in his 5th year coaching the Cardinals...

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
A friend of mine, a Patriot's fan, but reads a lot of team message boards, doesn't think much of Kliff, but does like SK except for his coaching hires, but thinks less of the posters on this board. "They have a passion, but just don't know much about NFL football." His conclusion, they don't compare to the average fandom of most NFL teams, and he can't believe how many of the following posts he reads that start with:
1. I hope I'm wrong, but.
2. Well, I guess, I'll be eating crow on this one.
He concludes with, the Arizona fanbase is better than the Jets, but only slightly.

Sounds like this guy has way too much time on his hands.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The devil you know is better than the one you dont know.

Im fearful of Keim picking another coach with Kyler just at the midpoint of his development. He'll probably overrcorrect and get a Greg Schiano type. Unless you're getting Daboll or Joe Brady then Kliff needs to come back.
But that’s just it, a good organization does go out and get a daboll or Brady when on the cusp. Think of TB back in the day. Contenders under Dungy. Realized he wouldn’t get them over the top. Took a big swing and paid a lot to do it to land gruden - the right coach to get them over the top to a championship.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A friend of mine, a Patriot's fan, but reads a lot of team message boards, doesn't think much of Kliff, but does like SK except for his coaching hires, but thinks less of the posters on this board. "They have a passion, but just don't know much about NFL football." His conclusion, they don't compare to the average fandom of most NFL teams, and he can't believe how many of the following posts he reads that start with:
He concludes with, the Arizona fanbase is better than the Jets, but only slightly.
I think your friend is an idiot. Read that Pats fan!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not fully excusing it, but I don’t think the decision goes through against the better teams of the league.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Is your fan named Mike? (As in New England Mike, aka NEM)

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seems like only the Cardinals would try a fg that results in a TD for the Jags. I hope they wouldn’t have tried the kick vs a good team but who knows. Now if he makes it . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I live a cul-du-sac and my neighbors are from Minnesota, Denver, Wisconsin, Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Miami and I told them some Cards’ fans wanted to fire Cliff when we are 3-0. They just laughed and said typical Cards’ fans. Just sayin’.
Those same fans that:

A) believe in minny’s antiquainted offrnse
B) were likely screaming for Favre to go
C) Chicago - lol, okay - slobber some more for Ditka to return and have been clamoring for fields to start - how’d that go?
D) New Yorkers want to fire everyone but parcels immediately
E) still love jimmy G
F) were fans of Adam gase

Bronco fans get a pass.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously, the FG call was utter nonsense, but the thing that bothers me is, 2 weeks in a row Murray has thrown a deep ball completed to about the 12 yard line. This week to AJ, last week to Kirk. Both times the Cards had to burn a TO after the play for no apparent reason. It's almost like, oh crap, we completed that. What do we do next and don't have a subsequent play ready to go and capitalize on it. Losing those TO's is going to be an issue at some point.

The reason why we have to burn the timeout is because Kliff does a sub after and the team can take as long as "reasonable" to sub back.

So the ref stands over the ball while the clock runs and we have to call a time out.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Those same fans that:

A) believe in minny’s antiquainted offrnse
B) were likely screaming for Favre to go
C) Chicago - lol, okay - slobber some more for Ditka to return and have been clamoring for fields to start - how’d that go?
D) New Yorkers want to fire everyone but parcels immediately
E) still love jimmy G
F) were fans of Adam gase

Bronco fans get a pass.
Pretty much what I say to them all the time. I cannot believe I am the only Cardinals fan out of 8 homes.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thinking you could hit a 68-yard FG in the heat and humidity of Florida, even with Prater, is pure lunacy and something even the most brazen Madden player would never do. That TD was more likely to happen than the make.

That, along with numerous play calling gaffs and poor discipline, is why you fire him and don’t think about it.

We're 3-0.

Pro tip: wait until we lose a game for this harangue. ;)

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kingsbury should be fired, even if we somehow win the division and a playoff game or two... Cause even if we happen to get into the playoffs, it will be in spite of his coaching.. Not because of it.

I (like probably most of you) Called the TD as soon as I realized we were actually going to try this ridiculous FG.

We were sold KK as the next Shannahan or McVay... But as it stands, we got the guy that most of us would be ragging on, if he was coaching our kids HS team.

No concept of clock management.... Boring predictable playcalling, And not having Rondale Moore out there instead of Green, is criminal.
Moore has proved to be more than adept at running fly sweeps... Screens etc... But he's rarely out there, and we get treated to another clank off of Green's tired, uninspired hands.

Thank you for bringing us Kyler... You may go now.

True and I've always been 'impressed' by the sports acumen of parents at football, hockey, baseball, soccer, and basketball games. ;)

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury's record as an NFL coach is 17-18-1... That's not to bad at all.. especially since he seems to have improved every year... If you listen to the homers on Arizona sports radio and the homers in national media, then Kingsbury should have been fired after his first game... Keep in mind, if the Cardinals had not hired Kliff Kingsbury. This is NO chance Kyler Murray would be here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn