That’s Why You Fire Kliff

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Money and power Talks.. College will give more of a power position thus money, no way in heck is anyone hiring this guy as an OC at the NFL level after this gig. He will have to revamp his image in either college or as some type offensive assistant before even a close shot at as NFL OC
Dirk Coetter was a dumpster fire as an NFL HC and College HC at ASU, but was a NFL OC before and after his NFL HC gigs and was never really unemployed.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dirk Coetter was a dumpster fire as an NFL HC and College HC at ASU, but was a NFL OC before and after his NFL HC gigs and was never really unemployed.
Coetter put Boise State on the map prior and had some pretty darn good success as an OC for the Jags and Falcons (set Jags franchise record for points leading to 11-5 record.. run game over a 5 year span had 3rd most yards in NFL. Led Falcons to NFC Championship GAme).

Could go on and on.. Kliffy can’t hold his jock-strap to what Dirks accomplished frankly.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not a football x and o person but have two things that seem to stand out regularly...

1) After a series - I don't see Kyler using the Microsoft Surface much if at all.
2) When its an obvious blitz - I don't see Kyler focusing on a hot route.

There was one on Sunday where Neal flashed early and got the timing wrong. Kyler looked at him, said nothing, made no adjustments and got sacked in about 2 seconds.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff didn't forget how to design and call plays between last year's 7-0 start and now.

The problem is that teams have figured out how to stop Kliff's schemes. They quickly figured out that playing 2 deep safeties and keeping everything in front of them was the antidote to Kliff's Air Raid offense and Kyler Murry's legs. Since then the offense hasn't adapted and that is on Kliff. Additionally there is no accountability on this undisciplined team and that is also on Kliff.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
IF Kliff looks like he could get a bigger named HC job in College -- it might make Mike B pull the trigger

Assuming the entire extension is guaranteed (not a sure thing) --

its nearly 100% that it has offset language: any amounts owed on the contract are reduced by any earnings from a new job AND the obligation to seek out the work

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IF Kliff looks like he could get a bigger named HC job in College -- it might make Mike B pull the trigger

Assuming the entire extension is guaranteed (not a sure thing) --

its nearly 100% that it has offset language: any amounts owed on the contract are reduced by any earnings from a new job AND the obligation to seek out the work
Only way I see Kliff getting another HC job anytime soon is if it’s a FCS/D2 team in Texas.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Only way I see Kliff getting another HC job anytime soon is if it’s a FCS/D2 team in Texas.
Ya there’s just no way unless it’s an irrelevant college program. Guy wasn’t even being offered big Tom HC jobs in college. Was lucky to be offered USC OC job at the time frankly

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
maybe the OC of a top program

i was going to say bottom half of the Big 12 or SEC -- but he has shown what that is like at Texas Tech.

Maybe Kansas St or Missouri takes a flyer on a guy with a rep and recent NFL experience in the hopes he finds the next excellent but under the radar QB and lifts the program

the "Kliff to college" problem is that he has been clear that he pretty much hated recruiting -- and that process has only gotten worse with NILs and the transfer portal

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave