Thank You David Johnson

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On and off the field, you exemplified a hardworking class act. You had some of the best runs I’ve ever seen from a Cardinal back and some of the best catches I’ve seen from any running back. It was truly a pleasure being able to take pride in the fact that we had such an outstanding human being representing the organization. Even in defeat and what I’m sure was hardcore personal anguish last year, you personified class and were a true role model to kids on how to deal with adversity. Thank you. I have every faith that you’ll regain your pro bowl form in Houston and make the fans there as happy to have you as we were. Regardless of your success there though, you’ll always be a Cardinal. Good luck in football and in life, except when you play Arizona.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hell no he don’t get a thank you from me. This dude got paid and said na I’m good. He got benched last year and got benched this year for lack of effort. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen worst pass protection from a RB. He’s going to get one of our QB’s killed.

great dude I’m sure, but thank god him and his salary are gone

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'll never forget the one of a kind, dream dinner he and his wife gave to me and a few others, in a private room at a super high-end steakhouse in Scottsdale.
They gave us 3 hours of their time. Answered all kinds of questions - many of which had zero to do with football... Just couldn't be a kinder and generous with their time. Especially since their son was just a year old at the time and I know they would've much preferred to have been with him.

Anyway... DJ is nothing but pure class with a MASSIVE heart. Wish you nothing but great peace and success on and off the field #31! Gonna miss you here in the desert...

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pity post
Maybe, but so what. Dude was ELECTRIC in 2015 and 2016. We were ALL ready for him to break out in 2017 before the wrist injury. I had the 2017 SI cover framed at my desk at work for the past 2.5 years. It went in the shred bin today. It felt like he wasted the past 3 seasons, absolutely maddening with how much raw talent he has. Even this past year he had flashes of brilliance, but I could feel he just wasn't into it at all. You can't have that. I'm excited for the trade, and hope David does well elsewhere. Either way he's set for life and gave us two great seasons, a lot of hope, and ultimately disappointment. Was a good ride.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Leading rusher in Cards Arizona history. Great guy. I wish like hell it would have worked out better. Good luck.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Maybe, but so what. Dude was ELECTRIC in 2015 and 2016. We were ALL ready for him to break out in 2017 before the wrist injury. I had the 2017 SI cover framed at my desk at work for the past 2.5 years. It went in the shred bin today. It felt like he wasted the past 3 seasons, absolutely maddening with how much raw talent he has. Even this past year he had flashes of brilliance, but I could feel he just wasn't into it at all. You can't have that. I'm excited for the trade, and hope David does well elsewhere. Either way he's set for life and gave us two great seasons, a lot of hope, and ultimately disappointment. Was a good ride.

Yeah I'm apathetic towards DJ. I wish him well.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I love DJ, but I'm glad that Kliff had the sack to sit him last year when it was clear he was the 3rd best back on the roster. I cringe when some suggest that he quit after he got paid, that he "doesn't want to play football any more", and that kind of drivel. Anyone who's heard his life story knows he's absolutely NOT that kind of guy. He's obviously damaged goods in some way. NFW that guy has quit on anyone. Ever. Nothing but best wishes for the guy and his family moving forward. Truly a class act on the same level as Larry - and that's rare air.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I supported several Mission 31 Foundation events and will miss what this guy brought to the field his first couple of years and to the community his last couple of years in AZ. Thank you David & Meghan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hell no he don’t get a thank you from me. This dude got paid and said na I’m good. He got benched last year and got benched this year for lack of effort.

You must be registered for see images attach

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hell no he don’t get a thank you from me. This dude got paid and said na I’m good. He got benched last year and got benched this year for lack of effort. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen worst pass protection from a RB. He’s going to get one of our QB’s killed.

great dude I’m sure, but thank god him and his salary are gone

He didn’t say “nah I’m good.”

the guy was requesting kick off returns last year just to get on the field. Sometimes you get injured and lose a step. There is a certain randomness to life you cannot avoid

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
When he was good, he was very, very good....and when he was bad, he was very, very, bad......He got a big contract for his two good seasons, so no reason to feel bad for him. And he gets a new beginning, which he obviously needed. But, until proved otherwise, the Cardinals won this deal.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm having a brain fart here. What's the term when a running back takes a slow mo staggered stride within mid stride as David Johnson use to utilize to throw a tackler off... Walter Payton did that too

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He didn’t say “nah I’m good.”

the guy was requesting kick off returns last year just to get on the field. Sometimes you get injured and lose a step. There is a certain randomness to life you cannot avoid

no that’s exactly what he did

you keep getting benched cause you flat out refuse to pick up blitzes anymore and wind up getting your QB hit. When you two different coaching staffs bench you maybe your the problem hell. Wilks flat out came out and said it’s lack of effort

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
no that’s exactly what he did

you keep getting benched cause you flat out refuse to pick up blitzes anymore and wind up getting your QB hit. When you two different coaching staffs bench you maybe your the problem hell. Wilks flat out came out and said it’s lack of effort

I think David simply cannot think on his feet so to speak, in other words he would not make a great QB. One can be intelligent enough to learn a playbook or even really smart when there is no limit to a decision. I think DJ cannot process information fast enough to block on pass pro, not a lack of will/effort but simply realizing fast enough what's going on... maybe why he's not a fit for a offense where the QB is making split decisions running an option with him

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think David simply cannot think on his feet so to speak, in other words he would not make a great QB. One can be intelligent enough to learn a playbook or even really smart when there is no limit to a decision. I think DJ cannot process information fast enough to block on pass pro, not a lack of will/effort but simply realizing fast enough what's going on... maybe why he's not a fit for a offense where the QB is making split decisions running an option with him

Uh huh