Tell me about Trumaine McBride.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Is he someone that could make the 53 as a backup corner?

We signed Fabian Washington to compete in TC because Porter is still working his way back from offseason Micro-fracture surgery. Our other CBs are 2nd year 1st round pick Patrick Robinson, rookie 3rd round pick Johnny Patrick, and 6 year vet Leigh Torrence (he gets beat like a drum pretty regularly). We also lost our nickel-back Randal Gay in the offseason.

Just curious if he's anything more than a camp body. I figured if he was all that you would have re-signed him after losing DRC even with PP coming into the fold. Oh yeah, I live in New Orleans and watch all the LSU games, so if you ever want any info on LSU players give me a shout. Obviously you don't need me to tell you how much talent PP has. He has 'star corner' written all over him.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
If any of the Saints players use Segways during TC, he's definitely the guy to keep them well oiled and running smooth.

OP
OP
carey

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
If any of the Saints players use Segways during TC, he's definitely the guy to keep them well oiled and running smooth.

That's all I need to know. Thanks man. Looks like we'll be going with the youngsters to start the season unless some veterans are freed up during roster cuts in the next month.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
That's all I need to know. Thanks man. Looks like we'll be going with the youngsters to start the season unless some veterans are freed up during roster cuts in the next month.

:)

He's the type of guy if your Saints are counting on him in the regular season, something's gone terribly wrong. By all accounts a good guy though.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He is 24, enjoys jazz, loves to watch the Hallmark Channel, and really digs knit sweaters! :D

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Pretty decent on STs. Didn't play much at CB last year---but when he did, he held up reasonably well. Has nickel potential---played well there on a couple of occasions. Solid depth guy, imo.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe some ST, could play nickel one day, nothing to be excited over.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Yep.

McBride struggled to find time last year, and when one of our starting CB's was benched an elf was sent out onto the field instead of McBride.

Wouldn't count on him for more than a 4th string CB

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard