Ted Ginn visiting AZ

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Retweeted by Mike Garafolo
P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags 48s
I'm reporting that WR Ted Ginn is currently en route to Arizona, where he will be meeting with the Cardinals today.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Excellent.

I cannot think of a better fit for what the Cardinals are looking for in a speed WR.

I doubt he leaves AZ without a contract honestly.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Inconsistent receiver, but an above average to very good punt returner though he only has 3 TDs in 7-year NFL career.

Averaged 12.2 yards per return for Panthers last season. Giants, Panthers, Browns also interested.

correction: 6 touchdowns, 3 on punt returns, 3 on kickoff returns. At the right price he makes sense since he would upgrade both kickoff and punt return units IMO.

Last edited:

ThunderCard

Reaction score
I like Ginn... Great speed and he really showed a lot over the last year .. Perfect for the speed in the slot and also take over return duties

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Inconsistent receiver, but an above average to very good punt returner though he only has 3 TDs in 7-year NFL career.

Averaged 12.2 yards per return for Panthers last season. Giants, Panthers, Browns also interested.

correction: 6 touchdowns, 3 on punt returns, 3 on kickoff returns. At the right price he makes sense since he would upgrade both kickoff and punt return units IMO.

Browns have plenty of cash but no QB. He is an Ohio boy so we'll see how much he wants to play vs settle for the comforts of home where BTW it is 33 degrees today.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Big speed receiver. Excellent return man. Exactly what we need. Exactly. IMO

15.4 Yards per catch last year in Carolina.

SF never used him right with Smith and Kaep imo.

What he did in Carolina is much more where he belongs with a down the field, strong armed QB in a vertical offense.

Arians and Palmer provide a similar situation. Except you have Fitz and Floyd drawing coverages.

If you want a speed receiver, he's the best you're going to get unless someone just comes from out of nowhere, or you find a gem in draft.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Could be a deep threat if he can hang onto the ball.

I read somewhere that he went from dropping 1 out of 11 his first year to dropping only 1 out of 23 last year so it looks like he is getting better at that.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Davidde Corran ‏@DaviddeNFL
Some Ted Ginn stats I've pulled up via @PFF - he dropped 1 of every 11 targets early in career, but only 1 of 23 last season.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that he went from dropping 1 out of 11 his first year to dropping only 1 out of 23 last year so it looks like he is getting better at that.

Too hard to judge when you have so few opportunities.

Not a fan as a WR. If we signed purely as a returner die be OK with it i guess.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
He can easily fill the return position and certainly can get deep. With Fitz and Floyd occupying the better cover guys on defense it will give Ginn opportunities deep against safeties. Even if he drops one or two the threat is enough to loosen up the defense.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Apparently had a solid season in Carolina last season and was key factor via his punt returns in the Panthers regular season win over the Niners. He was one of the top priorities for the cap-strapped Panthers

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ee-agency-carolina-panthers.html#.UyIAxT-mFc0

Ginn, 28, had a career resurgence last season after a couple of forgettable years in San Francisco. Ginn, Miami’s first-round pick in 2007, posted career highs with five touchdown catches and a 15.4 yards-per-catch average as Cam Newton’s favorite deep target.

Ginn also gave the Panthers a big-play threat in their return game, which is among the reasons the Panthers view him as a priority.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Sign him up! Perfect fit for what we need at 3rd wr/returner.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I love it. Ted Ginn is one of the fastest players in the NFL. He would definitely fulfill the speed receiver aspect. He has really turned around his career in SF and Carolina. He would not have to carry the team. Just present a deep threat on third down and return punts/kicks. Question is what is the market rate for his skill set? I think 2.0-2.5 million max.

seesred

Reaction score
I'm excited about getting him signed if we can. Love to see PP doing what he does best cover and throw in a offensive play for him to have fun with.

GBR