Ted Ginn visiting AZ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He'd be a good fit. Don't see why anyone would be against signing him. He brings more to this offense than Roberts.

Don't know either. He's not taking snaps away from Fitz or Floyd, but stretching out the field for them along with giving us a legit kick returner. Yes, he does drop some balls, but it's hard to overlook his speed and KR abilities.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think this guy is the perfect fit for what we want and need. I can't think of a better player (for the relative cost and legitimate shot of signing them, of course).

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Fortunately for us, Steve Kiem is the GM of this team... :D

2 years/$3.75M (total salary). $750,000 guaranteed, and that's generous.

I do think Ginn is a nice fit for us, but Kiem won't blink.

Closest comparisons I can find are:
Devon Hester $2.9 million per year, but he's a better returner than Ginn but not as good a receiver.
Jacoby Jones $4.9 million per year, but is a much better receiver IMO.

Most of the other good returners are on their rookie deals.

I'd say $3 million per year is in the ballpark for a guy in his prime who can do both punts & kickoffs at a high level and is a decent 3rd receiver.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Amazingly, Ginn is still only 28...he turns 29 in a month or so. I thought he was a different player with the Panthers---he turned his game up a notch and played tough. Over 500 yards receiving with 5 TDs. Whodathunk it? He's always been a good return man---now he's a legit speed WR who is no longer skittish running routes over the middle. Legit RAC ability every time he touches the ball. Could help electrify our offense. Get'r done at Chandler's tonight over cold ones and t-bones MB and BASK!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am good with it. Fills a role as a returner and has speed as a depth chart WR. Also, and best part, should be cheap. Draft day flexibility is a nice plus as well.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I am good with it. Fills a role as a returner and has speed as a depth chart WR. Also, and best part, should be cheap. Draft day flexibility is a nice plus as well.

This. If he takes Patrick Peterson off of punt returns, he's worth $1M per season just for that.

Upgrade over Roberts as a deep threat 3rd WR, as well. Contract doesn't prevent us from drafting and developing a guy, but the acquisition does prevent us from having to draft and develop a guy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Looks like I was $750,000 over three years off. I guessed we would have to pay, since this represents Tedd Ginn's big payday. He'll be meh worth it. Not really but it's not like attempting to pay Saffold 40 million. :p

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. If he takes Patrick Peterson off of punt returns, he's worth $1M per season just for that.

Upgrade over Roberts as a deep threat 3rd WR, as well. Contract doesn't prevent us from drafting and developing a guy, but the acquisition does prevent us from having to draft and develop a guy.

Woot

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard