Teams Likely to Dump First Preseason Game

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The first sign of Coronavirus worry has hit the NFL. I’m told a significant number of teams favor shortening the preseason by cutting game 1.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wasn’t this already a thing. They voted to add an extra regular season game and take away 1 pre season game

that’s what I thought

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
And not collect the TV ad revenue? I'll believe it when I see it.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Preseason sucks so less of it the better risk of injury

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Two is perfect
You got your wish; it’s 2. I’m not sure that’s enough time for the development the Cards need. Both the defense and the offense could have used a third game. It’s a challenge. They’ll have to work hard.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You got your wish; it’s 2. I’m not sure that’s enough time for the development the Cards need. Both the defense and the offense could have used a third game. It’s a challenge. They’ll have to work hard.

A lot of players are dependent on the preseason. Unless they have scrimmages up until the start of the season to determine the final roster

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams need to be allowed to carry larger rosters because of the shortened preseason and players that will likely miss games due to the coronavirus.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dan Graziano of ESPN reports that player reps voted to recommend playing no preseason games this summer while on Thursday’s call. Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that the union has discussed a camp schedule that would have three days of medical and equipment checks and three weeks of strength and conditioning work before moving into multiple weeks of practice ahead of the first week of the regular season.

There’s been no sign that the league is ready to scrap the rest of the preseason schedule, but it will likely be talked about as both sides work to come up with a firm plan for how to move forward with the 2020 season.
https://sports.yahoo.com/nflpa-reps-recommend-not-playing-182449835.html

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Frankly, I do not see anyway there can be a season now and it's just what it is and all these stories about them doing so is just professional athletes missing the limelight and owners interested in money and not common sense

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Teams need to be allowed to carry larger rosters because of the shortened preseason and players that will likely miss games due to the coronavirus.
This is under discussion. It will likely be a pool that can be drawn from (like baseball) or larger practice squad.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is under discussion. It will likely be a pool that can be drawn from (like baseball) or larger practice squad.

This is what is happening in the NBA for their season restart in Orlando.

Teams can sign players from the NBA development league (G-League) and some other designated players to supplement their roster if someone becomes ill with the coronavirus or chooses not to play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wonder why the NFL hasn't considered any kind of bubble plan like the NBA? Say they did two cities... between the Coliseum, Rose Bowl, Honda Center and the new Stadium, LA has 4 football fields. Play games on Sat/Sun. That gives 16 teams in LA to play. Then maybe Dallas where there's Jerry's Stadium and apparently there's a huge complex there with like another 4 football fields that could host games.

Bubble up in LA and Dallas, play the season.

The idea that they're just going to be traveling all over the place all season and not quarantining at all seems like they're just ignoring the reality of the country right now.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A lot of players are dependent on the preseason. Unless they have scrimmages up until the start of the season to determine the final roster

If this was going on in 1995, Terrell Davis would have been a name no remembers most likely.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose