Taylor's Career Could Be Over

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HarleyRider said:
Not anytime soon. You can carve that in stone.

Based on Wally's post it sounds like Taylor wasn't exactly a choir boy at Miami either, given his dad is a police chief you'd expect a little more sense from him, but Boston's dad's a ref and look at D Bo. And the son of the chief of police in San Francisco got himself in a ton of trouble with off duty incidents involving drinking and assault, so why should I expect more of Sean Taylor I guess?

Crazy world we live in, not that I think Taylor should just let someone steal his ATV's, but call the cops, don't pull a gun.

Pariah is right, if convicted of pointing the gun, it's a minimum 3 years in the pokey for Taylor.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rush to judgement could be just that

New Post Some possible good S Taylor news Charges might be dropped

Sean Taylor's attorney, Edward Carhart, said the Washington Redskins safety may not have to face charges related to his arrest earlier this month in Florida.

The Miami-Dade police department's public information office said Friday that Taylor would be prosecuted on two felony counts of aggravated assault with a firearm. But a state attorney's spokesman yesterday said his office won't make a decision before Taylor's arraignment in Miami on Friday.

"I don't think that the state will continue with the charges against Sean," Carhart said. "The state's attorney told me that his mind was open. I hope to present some evidence to him before Friday that will demonstrate that Sean is the victim in this case. I'm convinced that Sean's story is true. I've talked to witnesses. I'm pretty convinced that there was no gun or baseball bat in Sean's car."

Taylor turned himself in June 4, three days after the incident in which he is accused of pointing a gun at two people he believed had stolen his two all-terrain vehicles. Taylor supposedly then punched one of the people while an associate chased the other with a baseball bat. A second phase of the incident in which shots were reportedly fired at Taylor in retaliation remains under investigation.

Carhart said Taylor won't be on hand for arraignment and that he would enter a written plea of not guilty for his client.

Taylor hasn't spoken to the media since he was arrested for driving under the influence in October. Those charges were later dropped.

http://www.washtimes.com/functions/print.php?StoryID=20050620-115721-3229r

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have to hope that one thing differentiating Antrell from Taylor is that - just as younger brothers who watch and listen can learn from their older brothers' mistakes - so too can Antrell. He can avoid the mistakes that Taylor has been making.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Wally, got to admit I'm pulling for Taylor here because I'd hate to see another promising young player screw his career up.

If I were his attorney I wouldn't go saying I think they're going to drop the charges, at this point the last thing you want is to appear cocky.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Thanks for the update Wally, got to admit I'm pulling for Taylor here because I'd hate to see another promising young player screw his career up.

If I were his attorney I wouldn't go saying I think they're going to drop the charges, at this point the last thing you want is to appear cocky.

Don't foget Russ, this is the State of Florida we're talking about. Where the rules are different in a very strange way.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Any news on whether the guys had actually stolen the vehicles? If so, I'd certainly forgive the assault charges. A gun makes it a whole other story, though.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Nothing more, then whats expected of Taylors to say. Seriously what else would he say "Taylor is guilty and is currently paying off people to be witnesses that he was nowhere near the scene, to be a detriment to the investigation."

Saddam's lawyers are saying the same thing. "I don't think that the state will continue with the charges against Hussien."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson