Tankathon Rankings

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They add the number of lottery chances together and divide by the number of teams that tied for that spot. I'm not sure what they do if it doesn't result in a whole number but I think it's a coin flip.

Exactly. That is it. And since each team gets a certain number of number combinations there is no way to know if that particular number choice would have been assigned to you or not if you had a worse or better record. So second guessing after the lottery is pointless.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
They add the number of lottery chances together and divide by the number of teams that tied for that spot. I'm not sure what they do if it doesn't result in a whole number but I think it's a coin flip.

To be more precise

All teams are allocated a set of winning combinations.

eg the #1 team has 1000 possible combinations for the #1 pick
the #2 team has 751 combinations
the #3 team has 500 combinations

If the #2 and #3 team were tied one team would get 625 combinations and the other 626 determined by coin flip.

If neither team moves up into the top 3 then the coin flip determines the teams picking order.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be more precise

All teams are allocated a set of winning combinations.

eg the #1 team has 1000 possible combinations for the #1 pick
the #2 team has 751 combinations
the #3 team has 500 combinations

If the #2 and #3 team were tied one team would get 625 combinations and the other 626 determined by coin flip.

If neither team moves up into the top 3 then the coin flip determines the teams picking order.

The Suns better not tie then. I do not think they have won a coin flip in the history of the franchise.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns better not tie then. I do not think they have won a coin flip in the history of the franchise.

If it came down to a coin flip, I wouldn't wait for the results. I would probably just mail it in and wait for the next pick. LOL.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If it came down to a coin flip, I wouldn't wait for the results. I would probably just mail it in and wait for the next pick. LOL.

I think they use a different coin each year. This one probably won't even remember what it's predecessors did years ago.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

If they do a coin flip let it hit the floor. No more catching the coin and flipping it over.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Just woke up and checkef results

Washington lost to Utah.
Minnesota best OKC

Great but then I saw that Brooklyn lost in Philly. That is very bad news.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Yeah, not great. But they do play them again on Tuesday. Hard to imagine the same team losing twice to the Sixers in less than a week. But we'll see...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wizards blew a 17 point 4th qtr lead for Denver and lost their 5th straight game.

Incredible that we're likely to get a pick between 10th and 13th for that pile of garbage Morris.

I love that he is quite clearly trying his hardest for the Wiz... but outside of bumping up his shooting percentage to a level that is merely below average, he is still playing at a sub-replacement level.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Does he still post crying and smiling faces on his twitter twatter (after Wiz losses)?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Suns look to have a tough road trying to hold off the Nets for the 3rd slot. They don't seem all that interested in winning. Since the Nets don't have their own pick, it looks like the Celtics will benefit. When I was playing the ESPN Lottery Simulator the Suns came up #5 several times. Although I hope this scenario is wrong, I think Suns fans should consider who they would draft if the Suns pick is later than #3.

I'm thinking about Skal Labissiere more and more.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The Suns look to have a tough road trying to hold off the Nets for the 3rd slot. They don't seem all that interested in winning. Since the Nets don't have their own pick, it looks like the Celtics will benefit. When I was playing the ESPN Lottery Simulator the Suns came up #5 several times. Although I hope this scenario is wrong, I think Suns fans should consider who they would draft if the Suns pick is later than #3.

The correct answer is trading up.

All the prospect after the top 2 seem to be either a reach or not a good fit.

Jaylen Brown is the only one who is close to a fit but he has shown to be very raw still.

Skal has disappeared after his breakout game against LSU.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We should limit booker and lens, warrens minutes play the other guys and rotate like horny and try not to win another meaningless game the rest of the season. These idiots are gonna F up the first real lotto chance in years is absolutely infuriating! They can't even freaking tank right!

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We should limit booker and lens, warrens minutes play the other guys and rotate like horny and try not to win another meaningless game the rest of the season. These idiots are gonna F up the first real lotto chance in years is absolutely infuriating! They can't even freaking tank right!

Warren broke his foot back in January and hasn't played since. And you can't understate the value of getting minutes for Len and Booker this way. I don't think we need to be playing Booker 40 minutes plus but I see nothing wrong with him getting 35 or so.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
He is barely 19 years old, who barely played during the first quarter of the season, for God's sake! Playing 40 minutes a few times is not going to wear him out. If it did wear him out, you should be happy since you want the Suns to lose every game.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

i agree at that spot.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think Booker's spike minutes are unnecessary tbh. Not that I think he can't handle it mentally but he's still not very strong and his outside shot has started to slump. He's clearly run down a bit.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Booker's spike minutes are unnecessary tbh. Not that I think he can't handle it mentally but he's still not very strong and his outside shot has started to slump. He's clearly run down a bit.

Me too. But I don't think it's a big deal.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The whole point is why play him big minutes when you should not be trying to win games to start with. That will be the icing on the cake to injure the kid and F up the lotto pick.... How poetic would that be for a dumb team that can't even tank right.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Yea I'm all for playing him around 30 but 40 mins on back to back games? I don't think anyone's body can handle that honestly.

Usually teams who do that are teams that are trying to somehow scratch and claw for wins. I remember Nash doing it back when the Suns were good.

That shouldn't be the priority now. I think McD ought to perhaps tell Watson to not follow the Tom Thibbedau minutes distribution philosophy and maybe cap any player's minutes at like 32 max for remainder of the season barring injuries or foul trouble.

We have a roster of 12 or 13 players. Use them, use them all. We still haven't seen Alan Williams play since he got signed either.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole point is why play him big minutes when you should not be trying to win games to start with. That will be the icing on the cake to injure the kid and F up the lotto pick.... How poetic would that be for a dumb team that can't even tank right.

The players should be trying to win games and the coach should be trying to set them up for success (win or not), the losing magic has to come from above. But I think you're missing the big point, we are losing. We've used up our margin of error so we're in danger of dropping out of the 3rd spot but probably no lower than 4th.

My wife talked me into joining the conversation.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns still have 2 games left against the Lakers. Those games will be very important.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The players should be trying to win games and the coach should be trying to set them up for success (win or not), the losing magic has to come from above. But I think you're missing the big point, we are losing. We've used up our margin of error so we're in danger of dropping out of the 3rd spot but probably no lower than 4th.

My wife talked me into joining the conversation.

He's alive! Welcome back Steve.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn