Taking one $100 bet - Sean Payton doesn't even interview with Cardinals.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone up for it if you believe Cardinals can bring Sean for an interview this offseason let alone get him to take the job?

Frank Reich will be the likely head coach. And I like Reich.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Colts are my second team being I grew up there…zero interest in Reich. What’s the allure? Better than Kliffy, but wasn’t exactly the QB guru he was made out to be. Kinda mediocre across the board - nothing you could say he excelled at, locker room wasn’t sticking up for him as he was on the hot seat. Fans were ready to see him go.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Kliffy is fired I will take that $100 bet. Sean Payton will get an interview at least. I'd be willing to bet you right now that Bidwill has already gauged his interest through back channel people.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn't make that bet just because Bidwill would likely enjoy the notoriety of having someone of the caliber coming in and Payton may want to use the Cards as leverage for a job he actually wants.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The call.
Michael: Hi, can I talk to Sean?

Hold please (phone muffled)…Sorry, he’s not here.

Michael: Can you tell him to give Michael Bidwill a call?

Sure. Goodbye.

Crickets………….
I tend to think Bidwill is gonna try if he hasn't already? If Sean thinks Kyler will be good to start the season then he may want this job? Never thought Keim would leave but that's apparently the case now. Kliff is next, probably just waiting for the season to end. I think Michael is tired of losing & I'm gonna try & have some faith that he'll give it hell trying to lure Payton.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cards are not one coach away. Their defense is atrocious as their offense. Sean knows offense and will need to rebuild the defense completely relying on some one new. Why take a job where you will be going against Shanahan, McVay and THE WOLF Carroll six times a year. Sean Payton to Carolina makes much more sense as that defense is decent, owner is super rich and division is very weak. Could get Jimmy G there and with a round 1 QB and roll from there

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
If Payton is interested in the LA market like reported then the Chargers is his destination. To me Herbert and their roster is a no brainer over Kyler and what'll be left of this dumpster fire.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Frankly, if he didn't have a contract with the Saints, I'd take you up on the bet, but until someone can agree with the terms of a trade, any interview won't take place "officially."

Feel free to @ me if the Saints allow him to interview with teams before compensation is negotiated, though.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Payton is interested in the LA market like reported then the Chargers is his destination. To me Herbert and their roster is a no brainer over Kyler and what'll be left of this dumpster fire.
Yes Herbert is better but if the Chargers make the playoffs & I hope they do, then there's no way the Chargers fire Staley.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Yes Herbert is better but if the Chargers make the playoffs & I hope they do, then there's no way the Chargers fire Staley.
I'm not sure on that last part. He's been getting plenty of heat from their fans and there's been reports of him being on the hot seat. If they eek in and are 1 and done I think they have to consider Payton if he wants the job.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not sure on that last part. He's been getting plenty of heat from their fans and there's been reports of him being on the hot seat. If they eek in and are 1 and done I think they have to consider Payton if he wants the job.
Conventional wisdom tells us that but would the owner have the balls to fire him after making the playoffs & all the backlash? For our sake I hope Bidwill has already spoken to the Saints & Payton?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just a hunch & I have nothing to back it up but I think Bidwill is planning something & already feels confident about everything. Why? After the Kyler injury when he was shown in his box with the Governor, he just seemed very calm. Then the next few days we get the news about Keim & we then find out he probably ain't coming back. I think he's just gonna wait until the season ends to fire Kliffy. Then soon after we get our new coach. He's smart enough to know that the current **** show isn't working & he will totally lose this fan base if he keeps KK. I hope I'm right?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just a hunch & I have nothing to back it up but I think Bidwill is planning something & already feels confident about everything. Why? After the Kyler injury when he was shown in his box with the Governor, he just seemed very calm. Then the next few days we get the news about Keim & we then find out he probably ain't coming back. I think he's just gonna wait until the season ends to fire Kliffy. Then soon after we get our new coach. He's smart enough to know that the current **** show isn't working & he will totally lose this fan base if he keeps KK. I hope I'm right?
Hope you’re right as well… btw anyone know how revenue flows when your city hosts the Super Bowl? Being Bidwill doesn’t own the stadium, this probably isn’t a big deal to him for AZ to host the stadium I’d assume ?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hope you’re right as well… btw anyone know how revenue flows when your city hosts the Super Bowl? Being Bidwill doesn’t own the stadium, this probably isn’t a big deal to him for AZ to host the stadium I’d assume ?
I'm sure he figured out a way to make money from it, I know I would lol.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Kliffy is fired I will take that $100 bet. Sean Payton will get an interview at least. I'd be willing to bet you right now that Bidwill has already gauged his interest through back channel people.
They will offer him one, but he will not be interested.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose