Supplemental Draft

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think there may be a few teams willing to use a pick on Beal. I would be willing to use a second or third especially since he was considered a potential first rounder next year. Alexander is also intriguing.

OP
OP
Ohcrap75

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not a whole lot of tape out there on Beal, but Alexander is big, physical and has good ball skills. He might have some character issues I believe though.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not a whole lot of tape out there on Beal, but Alexander is big, physical and has good ball skills. He might have some character issues I believe though.
Beal’s teammate, Darius Phillips got most of the pub for Western Michigan but I read Beal runs around a 4.4 at 6’1 but I think he is listed at around 180 pounds so not sure how physical he is. Alexander has a Kam Chancellor body but I don’t think he has his hitting ability.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
so...if a player declares for the sup draft but does not get drafted...can they then sign as an udcfa? or do they have to wait for the main draft next spring and try again?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
so...if a player declares for the sup draft but does not get drafted...can they then sign as an udcfa? or do they have to wait for the main draft next spring and try again?
They have to apply and be approved for the supp draft, not just declare. I think they would be UDFAs, if undrafted, though. Someone may use a top 3 this year on one of those guys...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They have to apply and be approved for the supp draft, not just declare. I think they would be IDFAs, if undrafted, though. Someone may use a top 3 this year on one of those guys...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

they say that safety from Mississippi state has been clocked as well as 4.24 in the 40...

all three guys look like they could help us.... hell, alexander is 6'3"... hard to find a higher rated corner with that kind of length...

might be worth our while to toss out bids of a fourth, fifth, and sixth...see if we can get a couple of these guys.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
they say that safety from Mississippi state has been clocked as well as 4.24 in the 40...

all three guys look like they could help us.... hell, alexander is 6'3"... hard to find a higher rated corner with that kind of length...

might be worth our while to toss out bids of a fourth, fifth, and sixth...see if we can get a couple of these guys.
I think Alexander played CB out of need but projects more as a S in NFL.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech: In a league where it's hard to find 6-foot corners with solid cover skills and tackling ability, scouts will give a big corner with a few off-field blemishes plenty of chances to prove his worth as a pro. That's one of the reasons why Alexander is likely to come off the board as a mid-round selection in this year's supplemental draft. Looking at his game on tape, it is easy to fall in love with his size, length and press-man skills. Alexander smothers receivers at the line of scrimmage with his aggressive shadow technique, while also displaying good instincts and ball skills. He routinely pins receivers to the sideline with the ball in the air to minimize the target area for the quarterback on downfield throws. In addition, Alexander will use his superior length to swat away 50-50 balls in critical situations.

From a critical standpoint, Alexander's game is still a work in progress, with the young corner needing to refine his footwork and technique in press and off coverage. He is a straight-line athlete without the movement skills or change-of-direction ability to execute head whips or speed turns in coverage. Alexander's shady footwork gets exposed against big-time wide receivers (see: last season's West Virginia game), which leads to concerns about his potential to grow into a CB1 or CB2 as a pro. Considering the off-field problems (academic ineligibility and a marijuana arrest) and the so-so pro day (clocked 40 times in the high-4.5/low-4.6 range with a 35.5-inch vertical leap, 10-4 broad jump, 4.38 20-yard shuttle and 7.18 three-cone drill), Alexander's stock will take a tumble from early 2019 draft estimates that once pegged him as a possible top-50 selection. That said, he should be selected in the third round by a team looking for a Richard Sherman type on the perimeter.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ental-draft-offers-value-keenan-allens-secret

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Any of these guys are worth a mid round risk. Not sure what kind of contract they would be eligible for but if they screw up just cut bait.

Anyone know draft date? Supposed to be this month.

I have never understood this idiom. The quote is "are you fish or cut bait". I take that to mean basically "### or get off the pot". So shouldn't it be if they screw up just fish??? :thewave::hammer::lmao::sarcasm:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
so... in thirty minutes...most likely be over in another thirty minutes.... how long until they report do ya think?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson