Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still no morning after pill? Vogel still impregnates the suns?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The report Devin Booker wants to be in New York is reportedly false.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I dont hate that selection. I think Edey can have a Zubac type of career in the NBA. Take Edey and flip Nurkic for a PG.
I saw a mock draft earlier that had us taking a shooting guard. Really? Did that mock drafter watch the Suns at all? We need another SG like we need a hole in our heads.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I saw a mock draft earlier that had us taking a shooting guard. Really? Did that mock drafter watch the Suns at all? We need another SG like we need a hole in our heads.
The mock drafter is in a better head space than us for not having to have watched a Suns game this season.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I've seen a few of those. My only conclusion is that whoever is projecting those must know what an idiot James Jones is.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only and I mean the only reasonable expectation I can see for a dumb mock draft like that would be if the team is shedding multiple guys at that position. However, that isn't going to happen.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Most mock drafts this early aren't true mock drafts -- it's basically a ranking of the players with no consideration of who is picking in that slot. It won't be until a few weeks before the draft where you start seeing true mocks.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most mock drafts this early aren't true mock drafts -- it's basically a ranking of the players with no consideration of who is picking in that slot. It won't be until a few weeks before the draft where you start seeing true mocks.
That makes sense. Although in recent years I have seen at least a few outlier mock drafts that are beyond ridiculous and basically trying to generate clicks. In the past that used to be done through articles. Now it seems like they are using mock drafts to do the same.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that this is shocking but they are not trading Booker.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eubanks won't be returning.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
So what then? I guess they'll have to dump the entire roster. Or is Ishbia just going to give them a stern talking to that they need to "listen better" to the coach?

And then are they going get around to firing James Jones for building a roster that doesn't respond to Frank Vogel's "coaching"? How many days before we start seeing media takes that it isn't Jones' fault either?

Maybe they will end up blaming Kevin Young since he's leaving anyway? Or maybe one of the ballboys, or the receptionist? I guess no one is responsible for that clown show all of the Suns fans had to suffer through this past season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what then? I guess they'll have to dump the entire roster. Or is Ishbia just going to give them a stern talking to that they need to "listen better" to the coach?

And then are they going get around to firing James Jones for building a roster that doesn't respond to Frank Vogel's "coaching"? How many days before we start seeing media takes that it isn't Jones' fault either?

Maybe they will end up blaming Kevin Young since he's leaving anyway? Or maybe one of the ballboys, or the receptionist? I guess no one is responsible for that clown show all of the Suns fans had to suffer through this past season.

I'm not a Frank Vogel supporter, but I understand he wanted a point guard. That is the GM's job, to provide the necessary players.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

This entire cluster was not one person's fault. Vogel has a big chunk. James Jones has a big chunk and the players are also partially at fault.

DOES ANYBODY WANT TO SEE THIS TEAM RUN IT BACK?

Something has to change. You are not getting a big haul for Durant. Gambo just confirmed Booker isn't going anywhere. Beal has a no trade clause. The team is hampered by the 2nd Apron. So if something MUST change that means either Vogel and/or James Jones.

What other option is there?!?!?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why did the Suns have two useless roster spots filled by players that were not going to play in IT and Lee?

Lee does have a player option but it shows the Suns were not all in.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why did the Suns have two useless roster spots filled by players that were not going to play in IT and Lee?

Lee does have a player option but it shows the Suns were not all in.

Don't forget Thad.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If the players have championship character they should already be talking about how they are going to work harder this offseason to get ready and not repeat this embarrassment next year. It shouldn't even matter who the coach is, they should be pissed about this failure and have a burning desire to redeem themselves. They should pull together, and be 100% in on proving people wrong about them.

Somehow, I don't think this is happening or will happen before next season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort