Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assuming there is no viable PG talent available, the Suns should look at Zach Edey with their first rounder this year. It seems like he's slotting into the draft right around where the Suns are going to pick and he fits their need for another big body on the interior to spell (and eventually replace) Nurkic.

In reality, if James Joke is still the GM at that point, I know whatever we actually end up doing with this pick is going to be a waste... likely another useless positionless wing.

It's amazing how the need for depth at point guard and FC never go away.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grayson Allen wins the 2023-24 Dan Majerle Hustle Award.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to know what to say anymore.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Man, what happened. This used to be such a good vibes team, peaking in the bubble. Since then it's been a sh*t show trying to root for this team.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Man, what happened. This used to be such a good vibes team, peaking in the bubble. Since then it's been a sh*t show trying to root for this team.
The (limited) success went to a lot of people's heads... Booker, Monty, Jones, Ayton, etc. etc... That's also affected a lot of folks who came along to the franchise later, IMO.

They acted like they had already won it all when in fact they hadn't won anything.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Without a doubt the most disappointing Suns team I can ever remember. Just piss poor vibes/effort/leadership.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
bout time to start taking inventory and analyze the data

might get murked for saying this but i still like our starting 5 - well sorta - i would like the option of choosing between allen and a legit starting power forward depending on the night's match up but that's about it

i think we have our captain in beal - i think we have our assassin in booker and i think kd is still quite the necessity and will actually be best utilized aside a combo like book and beal

barring a miracle we're not improving on nurk - he is what he is and that's more than serviceable - biggest +/- on the squad but there have been several games where he's been the square peg and just doesn't fit

again - don't beat me - but we'd be better served upgrading our back up center than getting a traditional point guard - drewbanks is a power forward at best - if we keep him that's what he needs to play - used and abused describes him best amongst the league's starting centers

do what you can to keep eric gordon and be sure to let bol bol know our next coach won't be a highly functioning blind as a mole common-sense-less dumb hole

keep oneale and start oneale when we want size and the 3 pointer - if we're going to pay drewbanks tell him to turn into aaron gordon

anyways - that's where im at - rough drafts for next year

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

might get murked for saying this but i still like our starting 5 - well sorta - i would like the option of choosing between allen and a legit starting power forward depending on the night's match up but that's about it

i think we have our captain in beal - i think we have our assassin in booker and i think kd is still quite the necessity and will actually be best utilized aside a combo like book and beal

barring a miracle we're not improving on nurk - he is what he is and that's more than serviceable - biggest +/- on the squad but there have been several games where he's been the square peg and just doesn't fit

again - don't beat me - but we'd be better served upgrading our back up center than getting a traditional point guard - drewbanks is a power forward at best - if we keep him that's what he needs to play - used and abused describes him best amongst the league's starting centers

do what you can to keep eric gordon and be sure to let bol bol know our next coach won't be a highly functioning blind as a mole common-sense-less dumb hole

keep oneale and start oneale when we want size and the 3 pointer - if we're going to pay drewbanks tell him to turn into aaron gordon

Draft Zach Edey... if he's still on the board when we pick. That will solve one issue (albeit, about fourth on the list of our major problems).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

One has to find the quit on this team and rid it like a cancer.

I think two people have to go for sure, James Jones and Mike Vogel.

There is one player who I think wants to finish his career as a Laker.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The (limited) success went to a lot of people's heads... Booker, Monty, Jones, Ayton, etc. etc... That's also affected a lot of folks who came along to the franchise later, IMO.

They acted like they had already won it all when in fact they hadn't won anything.
You know I can easily handle a bad season. What I have a problem dealing with is lack of hope, which is exactly the way I feel with all our first round picks effectively gone till 2030.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
come on... that's a total overstatement. This was a great vibes team up until we started talking mad trash to the Mavericks, up 2-0 in the 2nd round. It's definitely been all downhill ever since, but the title run and 64 win season were as much fun as I've ever had as a Suns fan and it looked like those dudes loved each other on the court... except for the moments here and there they would dog on Ayton.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It was funny on the radio, Kellen Olson was saying they need to blow up the Suns next off season. So Gambo asked him how do they do that? Trade Nurk, Beal? He said who would take them? Would they trade Booker or Durant? It's not really going to be possible.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
come on... that's a total overstatement. This was a great vibes team up until we started talking mad trash to the Mavericks, up 2-0 in the 2nd round. It's definitely been all downhill ever since, but the title run and 64 win season were as much fun as I've ever had as a Suns fan and it looked like those dudes loved each other on the court... except for the moments here and there they would dog on Ayton.
You're right, i'm probably being a prisoner of the last few months which have been especially devoid of joy.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
we're going to lose in the play-in

but remember dallas just last year tanked to avoid the play-in altogether and they're rolling now but make no mistake it's over this year - vogel will be fired and we will find a different architect

to those who don't think this is on vogel - im not doing any lengthy responses trying to debate this - and even if it were so we're pretty pot committed to the mid card trips we've gamble'd on

mid card trips are a good hand but even better with a pair like nurk and allen - i swear this starting line up can work - not this year tho - zero chance

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we're going to lose in the play-in

but remember dallas just last year tanked to avoid the play-in altogether and they're rolling now but make no mistake it's over this year - vogel will be fired and we will find a different architect

to those who don't think this is on vogel - im not doing any lengthy responses trying to debate this - and even if it were so we're pretty pot committed to the mid card trips we've gamble'd on

mid card trips are a good hand but even better with a pair like nurk and allen - i swear this starting line up can work - not this year tho - zero chance
Think we still get the 6 seed don’t think NO can win out… the Suns controlling there destiny…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right, i'm probably being a prisoner of the last few months which have been especially devoid of joy.
I don’t blame ya… especially because the future’s probably pretty bleak too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard