Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

We've actually missed him IMO... quite a bit. He's the best on ball defender by a mile and he's probably the only guy that really has some dawg in him.

He's a trainwreck on offense, but having a guy who can actually harass the other team's ball handlers and, most importantly, not let his man blow by him, is something we entirely lack.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've actually missed him IMO... quite a bit. He's the best on ball defender by a mile and he's probably the only guy that really has some dawg in him.

He's a trainwreck on offense, but having a guy who can actually harass the other team's ball handlers and, most importantly, not let his man blow by him, is something we entirely lack.
All that guy had to do was plant himself in the corner last summer and shoot 3s until his arm fell off and he could have been the rich man’s Bruce Bowen. That would have helped this team so damn much.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
All that guy had to do was plant himself in the corner last summer and shoot 3s until his arm fell off and he could have been the rich man’s Bruce Bowen. That would have helped this team so damn much.
I think he's known as a really hard worker, and am guessing he shoots an incredible amount of 3's. Sometimes hard work and desire just aren't enough.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Royce is pretty close and he definitely has dawg in him as well. I think Royce is the better overall player because he is better offensively. Okogie becomes a huge liability when he is hesitating or not hitting his shot which seems to be much of the time. Although, Okogie is still nice to have in the rotation because depending on who is struggling offensively you now have 2 options between the two guys.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
They were absolutely on a roll before Beal went out with another injury. Of course we are in the midst of a very tough post all star break schedule so that isn't exactly helping with those numbers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep, it is very noticable the play of both has significantly dipped. Beal is not really playing very well either.

I don't understand what is going on at all.

The one thing that has changed is the officials are letting a lot more physical play go since the ASG - I think that might be part of it, especially with KD.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They were absolutely on a roll before Beal went out with another injury. Of course we are in the midst of a very tough post all star break schedule so that isn't exactly helping with those numbers.
On a roll? Your expectations are mighty low if you consider at any point in this season that this team has been on a roll.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
On a roll? Your expectations are mighty low if you consider at any point in this season that this team has been on a roll.
This perpetual narrative that we should be 82-0 and this team stinks....garbage is unreal. This team when clicking will hand you your ass. We are what 12 games over 500 and we act like we 12 games under. I'm excited for the playoffs cause I know we can beat anyone at any given time. I also know we can lose. But this team is built for the playoffs. I get the frustration with some of the loses but if you take off the dark side glasses there is a ton more to see. Go Suns

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This perpetual narrative that we should be 82-0 and this team stinks....garbage is unreal. This team when clicking will hand you your ass.

When has this team handed any good team their ass this season?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When has this team handed any good team their ass this season?
Cmon man
I recall just off the top of my head
Minny
NO
Miami x 2
Dallas
LA Lakers
And I believe all by 13pts or more
Destroying Sacramento in about 6 mins.
But I can also say Spurs beat us 2x
Less than desired play against many teams. Come playoff time it's on
Glad this is my team

Last edited:

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I also recall us beating Milwaukee with Giannis by a decent amount? No?
Since the Milwaukee game had everyone jumping off a cliff lol
But like I said I get the frustrations

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This perpetual narrative that we should be 82-0 and this team stinks....garbage is unreal. This team when clicking will hand you your ass. We are what 12 games over 500 and we act like we 12 games under. I'm excited for the playoffs cause I know we can beat anyone at any given time. I also know we can lose. But this team is built for the playoffs. I get the frustration with some of the loses but if you take off the dark side glasses there is a ton more to see. Go Suns

Literally no one expected 82-0 or 72-10 or even 62-20. They did expect this would be a top team in the West instead of 8th seed, which won't have home court in the first play in game. No one predicted we'd be this bad. Good teams don't end up in the play in.

This team doesn't hand anyone their ass because they can't close games. They're the worst scoring 4th quarter team in the league by more than a whole point. We're 60 games in, that's who we are. It's not a small sample size or any issue like that. Our starters never get to rest because they can't close team outs effectively in the 3rd or early 4th. Ive never seen a team fall apart so regularly.

This team isn't built for the playoffs. The 4th quarter problems are still there. That resembles the playoffs the most, when every possession counts and rotations are tighter. The defense is awful and they can't get key stops or key buckets when needed. When the game slows down, the wheels fall off.

You're free to be hopeful and optimistic but most others don't share that outlook. I'm not saying you're less of a fan or more of one. This is everyone here's team, I wish they were better and invoked some level of confidence watching them.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Literally no one expected 82-0 or 72-10 or even 62-20. They did expect this would be a top team in the West instead of 8th seed, which won't have home court in the first play in game. No one predicted we'd be this bad. Good teams don't end up in the play in.

This team doesn't hand anyone their ass because they can't close games. They're the worst scoring 4th quarter team in the league by more than a whole point. We're 60 games in, that's who we are. It's not a small sample size or any issue like that. Our starters never get to rest because they can't close team outs effectively in the 3rd or early 4th. Ive never seen a team fall apart so regularly.

This team isn't built for the playoffs. The 4th quarter problems are still there. That resembles the playoffs the most, when every possession counts and rotations are tighter. The defense is awful and they can't get key stops or key buckets when needed. When the game slows down, the wheels fall off.

You're free to be hopeful and optimistic but most others don't share that outlook. I'm not saying you're less of a fan or more of one. This is everyone here's team, I wish they were better and invoked some level of confidence watching them.
The Lakers last year who were in the play in and went to the WCF say....hold my beer

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Woah woah woah, this is the 7th seed right now. And would have at least one home playoff game if the season ended right now..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cmon man
I recall just off the top of my head
Minny
NO
Miami x 2
Dallas
LA Lakers
And I believe all by 13pts or more
Destroying Sacramento in about 6 mins.

Come on man, outside of 1 good game against Minny, you’re talking about beating nothing but 5/6 seeds and lower.

And the Bucks were literally down three starters when we beat them. Not exactly a game I’d beat my chest about.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Come on man, outside of 1 good game against Minny, you’re talking about beating nothing but 5/6 seeds and lower.

And the Bucks were literally down three starters when we beat them. Not exactly a game I’d beat my chest about.
I see
But our injuries are swept to the side?
It's ok ....when we are marching to the finals I'll start seeing the....I love this team! Man we are so good! Posts again. That's the beauty of our board . Sooner or later the dark side always comes to the light

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do you think 12 games over .500 is impressive for a team that was the fourth biggest favorite to win the title this year?
Considering there is what 14 left? Why not. This stretch is a great time for us. Almost every game is against a contender. Take some medication gonna be a wild 3 weeks lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol we are 12 games over .500
Let me repeat 12 games!

Lets talk winning percentage. They have a 58% winning percentage. That would be 25th all time in Suns history. That's 24 times we finished better. This is what you're crowing about being a title contender or favorite? The 25th best Suns team in history. Lol.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Lets talk winning percentage. They have a 58% winning percentage. That would be 25th all time in Suns history. That's 24 times we finished better. This is what you're crowing about being a title contender or favorite? The 25th best Suns team in history. Lol.
Sure and that is with KD missing 7 games, Booker 14, Beal 29, EG 13, Nurk 4, Eubanks 6 and GA 6. We have easily been one of the more banged up teams in the league while not exactly having a ton of depth and yet have a 58% win percentage. Not crazy to think this team could be pretty darn good with everyone healthy for a decent stretch of time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard