Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some on here were mad that Monty wouldn't adjust his line ups. Now we are mad that Vogel won't stick to a rotation? :shrug:

I didn't get on Monty's case for his rotations. He handled them pretty well before that final season. He'd be a bit too stubborn in the playoffs but I blame James Jones more for the players he gave Monty. Our deepest team in 2022 wasn't retained. We let JaVale walk, made Jae stay home, didn't retain Frank, and never addressed guard depth.

Vogel doesn't allow continuity with his constant tinkering. Guys like Azabuike were playing great in their role and then just wouldn't be seen for 2 weeks. Vogel has 6 players, the starters and Gordon, and outside of that there's been little rhyme or reason why someone ends up riding the pine for weeks. It's not noteworthy for him to say he decides game by game, that's been obvious for months.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Team health has made it difficult to maintain a solid line up. Thought I heard/read the "big three" have only played something like 13 games together. Factor in a completely new squad with a bunch of minimum guys, its easy to see how the roster requires constant adjustment.

Its time though, maybe even past time to settle on a stable rotation.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Team health has made it difficult to maintain a solid line up. Thought I heard/read the "big three" have only played something like 13 games together. Factor in a completely new squad with a bunch of minimum guys, its easy to see how the roster requires constant adjustment.

Its time though, maybe even past time to settle on a stable rotation.
22 times but who's counting?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We went on two really nice runs with that line up
Yes we did and we need to play that guy more minutes. Maybe good scouting will negate some of what his presence brings us but I'd rather find that out in March than in May. Right now, healthy, we probably have about a 2% chance of winning it all but if our success when BB is playing with the starting group isn't a mirage our chances go up considerably.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If playoffs started today we are playing the Clippers in Rd 1. Even if we get the 4 seed we are still likely playing them. That's a tough matchup, especially if they are healthy. IF they somehow win that series (If I had to put money on that matchup I'd bet on LA) the good news is they would avoid having to play Denver in Rd 2 who as of now is the 3 seed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im good with this

IMO, Saban Lee has proved his value to the team, so he is worthy of a standard roster spot.

I believe the Suns could still waive a player and create another roster spot and add a player that was waived March 1st or prior.

A free agent prior to March 1st should qualify.

Playoff rosters are not set until April 15th.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
IMO, Saban Lee has proved his value to the team, so he is worthy of a standard roster spot.

I believe the Suns could still waive a player and create another roster spot and add a player that was waived March 1st or prior.

A free agent prior to March 1st should qualify.

Playoff rosters are not set until April 15th.
Penetrating - distributing - clogging passing lanes and just straight up hustling

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Penetrating - distributing - clogging passing lanes and just straight up hustling

Exactly. Also, I can't think of any better point guards available. Patty Mills and Cory Joseph likely wouldn't be an improvement.

Now, if the Suns were looking for big men, Markieff Morris (yeah, I know) or Robin Lopez might help.