Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Richards' salary is only 5M so we should have options of who to send out.

The Cam Payne exception could work in that situation. Of course we'd need to include picks and possibly cash as well. We have 5 tradeable 2nd round picks, 1 of them is junk and won't convey as it's the Spurs 2nd rounder this year protected 31-55. So that's essentially worthless.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
According to Jones, Payne was traded as they wanted to change the way they play. Become more big and versatile with playmaking and shot making, and defense. We're a team full of dual guards - no real PG.

Allen is tough call, he brings value but not 80M a year tax value. If this team was a title winner as is, I can see them justify it. To be a 45 to 48 win team, which is what we are, I don't see the justification.

Which goes back to the main problem with the team. The dependence on the big 3 being healthy. When healthy, they look like a quality team. The issue is they're on pace to get 34 games from Beal, and 20 games from the big 3 together. That's not going to get you titles. So paying for depth pieces like Allen, seems a hard sell for me. Not my money and I'm not a billionaire and may still be suffering from the Sarver era.
The leading 3 point shooter in the entire NBA isn't worth it? IDK, if the new owner wants to spend the cash, I'm fine with it. ANYONE we add worth anything is going to cost us like that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the Suns are doing some serious shopping.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo says no on Nick Richards.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bridges would be a legitimate game changer but he’s got legal issues and it’s tough to imagine a contender wanting the distraction. Aquiring Richards seems kinda pointless.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Richards looks pretty damn good. For being on a team as bad as the Hornets, his splits are amazing.

It's too bad we're not interested.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will be a big destination with three stars after the trade deadline.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gambo according to his Suns sources says the Suns will make moves to change the roster. He says many teams interested in Miles Bridges which makes him unlikely to be on the Suns because he can get better deals elsewhere. He would be an unrestricted free agent so using our capital on him would make him just a rental. He said he will dig tor try and find names they ARE interested in and can actually trade for.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Gambo according to his Suns sources says the Suns will make moves to change the roster. He says many teams interested in Miles Bridges which makes him unlikely to be on the Suns because he can get better deals elsewhere. He would be an unrestricted free agent so using our capital on him would make him just a rental. He said he will dig tor try and find names they ARE interested in and can actually trade for.
Miles B. has the veto right to his trade, so it's about what he considers his best option. Any team needs to have cap room to sign him above th MLE as I believe there is no Bird right whatsoever in his case. And those basicly lottery teams can sign him in offseason straightup, thus no need to waste anything in a trade for him now. So, his only reason for a trade is to end up in a situation where he can be a starter that team has been searching for. Suns actually might be the best opportunity out there.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Depending on who and what is going.. I wouldn’t mind Bridges and Richards. As long as it is not the big 4, Nurkic, Eubanks, EG and Little. I want to win it this year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member