Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s ludicrous. We have an older than dirt CP3 who looks every bit his age, a mercurial number pick that rarely plays up to that level and one Superstar… none of which have ever won a title, an MVP award and are currently the stars of a team with a… 33-29 record.

I had to double check today that we are actually still the 4 seed in the West with that record. Weird year in the NBA West.

Suns really traded away all those picks and 2 young stars for an old injury prone player. They don’t have the pieces..

*2 mins later on ESPN*

KD goes to super team where he can win a ring..

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Holy @#%$ if this dude starts having "fun" I will burn this city to the ground.

I want QUIET and STOIC maybe even GRUMPY. The SLIMREAPER doesn't smile or have fun.
Why do we always break our toys?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ross with the toe injury. What’s with our squad and foot injuries this season? Is the carpet at the entry door high pile carpet and we are tripping over this stuff?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Landry Shamet qualifies for a Disabled Player Exception?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Landry Shamet qualifies for a Disabled Player Exception?

Are you thinking of a hardship exception where we can free up a roster spot until he returns? I don't think he qualifies for a DPE unless ruled out for the year. The hardship one might have a different name but it'd let us sign some 10 day deals until he returns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is only used when guys are ruled out for the season.

Are you thinking of a hardship exception where we can free up a roster spot until he returns? I don't think he qualifies for a DPE unless ruled out for the year. The hardship one might have a different name but it'd let us sign some 10 day deals until he returns.

The Suns applied for a Disabled Player exception for Dario Saric last season that was only revealed later.

I was looking for ways to create another roster spot not that there are many players available.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns applied for a Disabled Player exception for Dario Saric last season that was only revealed later.

I was looking for ways to create another roster spot not that there are many players available.

Yeah, but Dario was out for the season.

Shamet's injury and status seemingly change week to week.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but Dario was out for the season.

Shamet's injury and status seemingly change week to week.

Maybe. The Suns waived Kaminsky, but we kept waiting for him to come back too.

I'm beginning to have the same concerns about Shamet.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe. The Suns waived Kaminsky, but we kept waiting for him to come back too.

I'm beginning to have the same concerns about Shamet.
They may just be being really careful. They already know what they have with Shamet, might as well let the new guys jell to find that #5 starter. We know Shamet aint it. Let him lead the 3rd string when were up by 30 when he gets back.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They may just be being really careful. They already know what they have with Shamet, might as well let the new guys jell to find that #5 starter. We know Shamet aint it. Let him lead the 3rd string when were up by 30 when he gets back.

That is tough to say because Payne and Book both re-aggravated their injuries by probably coming back too soon.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OK I'm not sure I like all the extra Media attention were getting. GG Skip and Shannon won't shut up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose