Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More rumblings popping up about Carmelo, please no!

I think JJ is smart enough not to acquire him, but as usual politics could come into play. I think the media has some part to this as well, since they're the one asking questions to KD and CP3 about Melo.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More rumblings popping up about Carmelo, please no!

I think JJ is smart enough not to acquire him, but as usual politics could come into play. I think the media has some part to this as well, since they're the one asking questions to KD and CP3 about Melo.

I think it's just the media. They ask the players, the players know Carmelo and don't want to say "Nah, he sucks".

All Paul said was that Carmelo should be playing... somewhere, not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would Welcome Melo along for a ring if I was sure we already had what it takes to do that.
But ATM im not sure we do.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tony Buckets, Damion Lee, Josh Okogie, Human Torch, Shamet and Craig are all looking for min.. Any one they bring in better be a great Cheerleader on the Bench. Is Melo?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’m in the minority to say just sign Ish and call it a day. When you talk about a 9-man playoff rotation, when healthy we’re stacked with what we have. We can lament the bench, but our depth isn’t a problem right now. In the playoffs guys like Shamet, Ross and Lee won’t find playing time. That’s a good problem to have.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly. The player I kinda wish we had is Jae. I know, he quit on this team and all. It's just that type of player to complete this starting 5.

A player like that is not available, so let's go with what we have.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mikal just did an interview and talked about the trade: Starts at 30:45
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Seems he still wishes he was a Sun, and he was feeling pretty confident Suns were going to compete this year before he got traded, but now he really likes our chances.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m in the minority to say just sign Ish and call it a day. When you talk about a 9-man playoff rotation, when healthy we’re stacked with what we have. We can lament the bench, but our depth isn’t a problem right now. In the playoffs guys like Shamet, Ross and Lee won’t find playing time. That’s a good problem to have.
I'm with you at this point. Don't think there are much better options and he is already familiar with the team, and is useful on Defense in some situations.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with you at this point. Don't think there are much better options and he is already familiar with the team, and is useful on Defense in some situations.
Gotta agree. The buyout market doesn’t have much out there that can help and at least Ish knows the system.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would Welcome Melo along for a ring if I was sure we already had what it takes to do that.
But ATM im not sure we do.

I don't think Melo would be happy glued to the bench, only used in case of emergency.

It points to why no one has signed him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for Ish Wainright. He earned an extra $51,000 dollars.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping the Suns would do this, again sign Duane Washington Jr. to a two-way contract since Ish was moved to the 15-man roster.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was hoping the Suns would do this, again sign Duane Washington Jr. to a two-way contract since Ish was moved to the 15-man roster.

I think that would have been pointless. I believe once the games are used up it applies to the slot not the player, so signing Washington to a 2 way would just mean he gets to sit on our bench.

I am happy to see him get another chance.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love how we are a super team all of a sudden. Before it was Book isn’t an all star, cp3 is over the hill, and Ayton is a bust. Mikal isn’t that great on defense and Cam Johnson was a reach.

Now all of a sudden we have a super team..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love how we are a super team all of a sudden. Before it was Book isn’t an all star, cp3 is over the hill, and Ayton is a bust. Mikal isn’t that great on defense and Cam Johnson was a reach.

Now all of a sudden we have a super team..
Yeah, that’s ludicrous. We have an older than dirt CP3 who looks every bit his age, a mercurial number pick that rarely plays up to that level and one Superstar… none of which have ever won a title, an MVP award and are currently the stars of a team with a… 33-29 record.

I had to double check today that we are actually still the 4 seed in the West with that record. Weird year in the NBA West.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave