Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've read and heard the players have no issue with Jae but I have yet to hear anyone actually come out put it in wring that the problem is with Monty. If a writer is going to say it verbally they should be willing to put it in writing.
What does it accomplish. He wants to continue to have access to the team, and Monty isn't going anywhere for now. Besides we are discussing it - so obviously the message did get out.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not talking about how old the medium is. Talking about the idea that you have to write in a column (newspaper style) just to have credibility is the dumbest thing I have heard. If your job is to REPORT, it doesn't matter how you report it. There are so many mediums. At the end of the day, these guys just have their name and credibility. The medium doesn't matter. The second the open their mouths for everyone to hear their credibility is on the line with what they say.
By the way, putting something in print is a lot older medium than the radio.

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, putting something in print is a lot older medium than the radio.

Not sure what that has to do with anything.
Exactly. Not talking about the medium, itself. Just the idea that it has to be in "writing". Stupid. Like a reporter gets a pass because he says something on Radio or TV. Since when?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not talking about how old the medium is. Talking about the idea that you have to write in a column (newspaper style) just to have credibility is the dumbest thing I have heard. If your job is to REPORT, it doesn't matter how you report it. There are so many mediums. At the end of the day, these guys just have their name and credibility. The medium doesn't matter. The second the open their mouths for everyone to hear their credibility is on the line with what they say.

Well you did say, "What is this the 1950's?"

Verbal medium is usually followed quickly by written medium. It is a form of documentation that can be reviewed and referenced for credibility.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Armani played in NY or anywhere in California he would be an all star.

The fact he hasn't left is why he is my all time favorite Sun

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does it accomplish. He wants to continue to have access to the team, and Monty isn't going anywhere for now. Besides we are discussing it - so obviously the message did get out.

If writers are putting out important information or breaking news verbally and they write articles as well, why not put the information in both mediums?

Discussion can be different than actual facts.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you did say, "What is this the 1950's?"

Verbal medium is usually followed quickly by written medium. It is a form of documentation that can be reviewed and referenced for credibility.
I explained that. Modern reporting which includes all forms of media (written, radio, TV, social media) don't require only one form to have credibility. Can you give me an example where a reporter got a pass because he was blatantly wrong on TV or radio?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I explained that. Modern reporting which includes all forms of media (written, radio, TV, social media) don't require only one form to have credibility. Can you give me an example where a reporter got a pass because he was blatantly wrong on TV or radio?

I rely on mutiple forms of media and multiple sources of information to determine credibility. If the information is credible there should be multiple reporting sources. I don't just rely on one source if it is not supported elsewhere.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rely on mutiple forms of media and multiple sources of information to determine credibility. If the information is credible there should be multiple reporting sources. I don't just rely on one source if it is not supported elsewhere.
I would say that depends. If you talking some random insider on the net? OK. If you are talking about a well-known reporting with a good track record? Not so much. Often unless a reporter ALSO hears the same, they won't say anything unless they have direct knowledge as well. For example, Gambo said a bunch of stuff on radio first that nobody reported for days about the Suns. Why? Because nobody else could corroborate. Would it add credibility? Absolutely. However, that doesn't mean it has NONE.

Also, again. Do you have an example where a reporter was blatantly wrong and got a pass because it wasn't in writing?

Discussion can be different than actual facts.
I am with you. If it was just him speculating and discussing that is a totally different scenario. That's not what it sounded like to me but I could be missing context.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say that depends. If you talking some random insider on the net? OK. If you are talking about a well-known reporting with a good track record? Not so much. Often unless a reporter ALSO hears the same, they won't say anything unless they have direct knowledge as well. For example, Gambo said a bunch of stuff on radio first that nobody reported for days about the Suns. Why? Because nobody else could corroborate. Would it add credibility? Absolutely. However, that doesn't mean it has NONE.

Also, again. Do you have an example where a reporter was blatantly wrong and got a pass because it wasn't in writing?

I am with you. If it was just him speculating and discussing that is a totally different scenario.

Unless it's recorded by audio, video, a podcast or in writing, it's hard to know if something is presented as fact or as discussion.

In answer to your question, I'm sure there are examples, but I'm not going to research it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In answer to your question, I'm sure there are examples, but I'm not going to research it.
I doubt it. I don't recall someone saying "well he said it on TV or Radio" so it doesn't count. That's beyond ludicrous.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. I don't recall someone saying "well he said it on TV or Radio" so it doesn't count. That's beyond ludicrous.

That's an incorrect assessment. It's nice to be able to corroborate information. Fact checks do that all the time.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's an incorrect assessment. It's nice to be able to corroborate information. Fact checks do that all the time.
I agree it’s nice. Fact checkers are different and post assessment or trying to expose a lie. Not at all what I said or asked you to show an example of.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fact checks do that all the time.
Bu the way it would be awesome if they had this for sports reporters and maybe some of the bigger insiders (a la politifact). They could score them like that site. I would be all for it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree it’s nice. Fact checkers are different and post assessment or trying to expose a lie. Not at all what I said or asked you to show an example of.
If Kellan actually broke that story that this was solely between Jae and Monty, that would have been covered in the paper, Twitter, arizonasports.com and talked about during any suns broadcasts on national TV when the Crowder situation repeatedly comes up.

The fact that NONE of that has happened ANYWHERE leads one to dubious that you heard the story correctly.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kellan actually broke that story that this was solely between Jae and Monty, that would have been covered in the paper, Twitter, arizonasports.com and talked about during any suns broadcasts on national TV when the Crowder situation repeatedly comes up.

The fact that NONE of that has happened ANYWHERE leads one to dubious that you heard the story correctly.
Fair enough but I heard it twice and what Steve posted alluded to the same thing. Maybe they were speculating based on rumors. Let’s not pretend though a crap ton of rumors in “writing” are not as fallible. Shams put stuff in writing recently and Gambo shot it down.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough but I heard it twice and what Steve posted alluded to the same thing. Maybe they were speculating based on rumors. Let’s not pretend though a crap town of rumors in “writing” are not as fallible. Shams put stuff in writing recently and Gambo shot it down.
For me it’s just that most of the time when Kellan breaks something on radio, it’s almost always followed by a column on arizonasports.com detailing the scoop. That’s what makes me dubious.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For it’s just that most of the time when Kellan breaks something on radio, it’s almost always followed by a column on arizonasports.com detailing the scoop. That’s what makes me dubious.
He is a paid personality on the show and on all the time. I don’t recall him having an article for every appearance and conversation but maybe he does. You could be right.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is a paid personality on the show and on all the time. I don’t recall him having an article for every appearance and conversation but maybe he does. You could be right.
Only when he breaks something relatively big. The Jae question would seem like a pretty big story break.

Truth is… doesn’t even really matter. It is what it is and it sucks. Definitely not a case of addition by subtraction situation. The Jae situation has been straight up subtraction with no responding action.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only when he breaks something relatively big. The Jae question would seem like a pretty big story break.

Truth is… doesn’t even really matter. It is what it is and it sucks. Definitely not a case of addition by subtraction situation. The Jae situation has been straight up subtraction with no responding action.
Not only that but it was so unnecessary and handled badly all the way around.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Plus two unprotected 1sts to Toronto.

That trade is horrible for us. Best player we’re getting back is Vanfleet who is a good player but not all star level.

That gives us solid depth and we would be giving up all our trade assets. We need a star

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Payne will be re-evaluated in a week.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose