Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That speaks to how far CP3 has fallen.
Well, that is my opinion of him - maybe the Nets think more highly of him than I do.

We could of course throw in Jae if they have some useless salary to send back.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHA. WOJ is reporting that teams are calling more about KD now that Kyrie wants out. That's how big of a cancer Kyrie is viewed as.

Teams are like "yeah yeah we know Kyrie is available....what about KD now?"

:biglaugh:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No f’n way do I want that raging antisemite/bigot on the Suns… and wouldn’t want him even if he hadn’t joined the chorus of antisemitic crap being spewed in pop culture.

he’s a cancer everywhere he goes.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point I think you got to do that.

If it doesn’t work out you get rid of Kyrie at the end of the year and free up all that money and your not on the hook for Paul anymore the next two years

It only frees up money in avoiding the tax bill. We'd still be over the cap and unable to sign any marquee free agents.

We can't let Paul's salary slot go to waste, we need to bring in another long term talent with it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It only frees up money in avoiding the tax bill. We'd still be over the cap and unable to sign any marquee free agents.

We can't let Paul's salary slot go to waste, we need to bring in another long term talent with it.
Paul has very little value, I don't think we can do better value wise than this, even if it is just for a half season rental.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul has very little value, I don't think we can do better value wise than this, even if it is just for a half season rental.
Why would you think that? Every year teams shed players and contracts. There is zero reason to believe we can't parlay that.

Anyway, the Suns should on the phone fulltime about KD not Kyrie.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kyrie retired this summer.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kyrie retired this summer.
Not a chance. They are saying what is driving this is money on a new contract. Someone in this league is going to pay him too.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Very little of Paul's remaining salary is guaranteed. Next summer he could easily be used as the main salary piece in a move for disgruntled star.

Hopefully one with far less baggage.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a chance. They are saying what is driving this is money on a new contract. Someone in this league is going to pay him too.

He has often spoken of retiring young and has shown very little passion for the game of late. And no, I don't think he's going to get the max offer he wants, not without a lot of language that allows an out for the team if he gets himself suspended or goes on another mid season sabbatical.

You're right that he is playing only for a pay check, and when he doesn't get the money he wants and on his terms I think he is going walk away. Either way, I think he has, at most, 2 years left before he gets sick of it all and he's burnt all his bridges.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has often spoken of retiring young and has shown very little passion for the game of late. And no, I don't think he's going to get the max offer he wants, not without a lot of language that allows an out for the team if he gets himself suspended or goes on another mid season sabbatical.

You're right that he is playing only for a pay check, and when he doesn't get the money he wants and on his terms I think he is going walk away. Either way, I think he has, at most, 2 years left before he gets sick of it all and he's burnt all his bridges.
Yeah but if you listen to how badly he is reported to want his next contract? No way he leaves that kind of money on the table.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very little of Paul's remaining salary is guaranteed. Next summer he could easily be used as the main salary piece in a move for disgruntled star.

Hopefully one with far less baggage.
Really - you mean like Westbrook?

Teams don't want garbage. This is a perfect situation to get more value from Paul than he is worth - I highly doubt another chance like this comes along.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah but if you listen to how badly he is reported to want his next contract? No way he leaves that kind of money on the table.

But he isn't getting that kind of money, that's my point. He isn't going to get what he is asking for and I think he quits because of it.

He wants ~50 mil a year with no caveats and it isn't going to happen.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really - you mean like Westbrook?

Teams don't want garbage. This is a perfect situation to get more value from Paul than he is worth - I highly doubt another chance like this comes along.

Disgruntled stars get moved in wild patch work packages every year. I don't know who will be available this Summer but I have no doubt some big names will move.

Paul's value will largely come in that he can be a big part of equalizing the salary of a trade while the team getting him can then get out of the remainder of the deal, only paying him a quarter of what's left on the contract.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But he isn't getting that kind of money, that's my point. He isn't going to get what he is asking for and I think he quits because of it.

He wants ~50 mil a year with no caveats and it isn't going to happen.
Someone will always be stupid enough. There is always one.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just when you thought the saga was all over:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
If Kyrie can be motivated to play for a title run, in order to get big contract in the summer? Why not trade for him using Paul and fillers. We really need another go-to scorer to create spacing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kyrie can be motivated to play for a title run, in order to get big contract in the summer? Why not trade for him using Paul and fillers. We really need another go-to scorer to create spacing.

It all depends on the price. I wouldn't count on Kyrie for more than the rest of the season... not beyond.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disgruntled stars get moved in wild patch work packages every year. I don't know who will be available this Summer but I have no doubt some big names will move.

Paul's value will largely come in that he can be a big part of equalizing the salary of a trade while the team getting him can then get out of the remainder of the deal, only paying him a quarter of what's left on the contract.

The issue is Paul's salary becomes guaranteed before free agency starts so he'd have be to waived right after the season. It becomes guaranteed 6/28/23 according to Spotrac.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say screw it, trade CAARP for World B Flat. That helps us more now and puts us in a better position this summer. We can always work out a sign and trade to send Irving elsewhere. More likely to get value that way than Paul.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose