Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I already put up the deal

Collins only makes 23 million.

Crowder, Dario and 2 1st would get it done. They get two expiring contracts and picks to put back what they gave up for in the Murray trade
You must be registered for see images attach

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I don't think teams can eat salary in NBA / NFL trades like MLB, right? So ATL can't eat some of Collins' contract in deal?

Collins started off season with a bang but has really regressed the last couple of weeks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking Cam Johnson should have taken the 4 years/ $66 million extension if that was the offer.

See tweet below.

I know it is low (I would have paid him more) but it is more than what Brandon Clarke received who signed for 4 years/ $50 million.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm thinking Cam Johnson should have taken the 4 years/ $66 million extension if that was the offer.

See tweet below.

I know it is low (I would have paid him more) but it is more than what Brandon Clarke received who signed for 4 years/ $50 million.

Props to the kid for betting on himself.
A bird in the hand and all that rot.
Sux for Cam

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

See tweet below.

CJ will get paid for than that on the open market once he's a rfa. FO shooting themselves in the foot on this one.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CJ will get paid for than that on the open market once he's a rfa. FO shooting themselves in the foot on this one.

I hope Cam Johnson does get paid.

As much as James Jones likes him, I have to wonder if this is more of an ownership matter.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

See tweet below.

That’s a ridiculous insult for one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't agree. You have to love his attitude, his effort and his potential. But IMO he's shown two things to be true; he can make the open 3 and he misses a lot of time. And all those little injuries were coming in limited bench minutes, who knows what would happen once he was elevated to a starting role? And those injuries and missed time didn't just start once he reached the NBA. Frankly I'm surprised we offered more than 60M.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have zero faith that Eric Gordon can stay healthy. Dude makes Anthony Davis look like AC Green.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s a ridiculous insult for one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA.
I’m going to push back on this a little bit. He’s a fantastic 3 point shooter who has an otherwise average offensive game, is not a good defender, is a subpar rebounder and after this latest injury will have likely averaged missing over 25 games per season (his lowest number of missed games will be 12 in a shortened season). He’s never even averaged 13 points per game until this season and he only did it for 8 games. And he’s had injury problems dating back to college and I believe high school. No matter how much you like cam - and I like cam - you just can’t throw big $$$ at him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are so many made up rumors out there. Crowder ending up on the Bucks seemed to make some sense.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I asked Cam Payne about how his former 94 Feet backcourt mate Jae Crowder has been playing: “Wooooo! He hoopin’! He hoopin’! I’m happy for him. I’m glad he getting the opportunity.” :thumbup:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah there were too many times we let someone just walk down the lane without a single defender for a dunk. In a one point loss you look at those breakdowns and say, WTF?!? And many of these guys have been playing together in this system for a long time. That stuff shouldn’t happen. Only saw it once with jazz and they’re virtually all new teammates. We did it like 4 times.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m going to push back on this a little bit. He’s a fantastic 3 point shooter who has an otherwise average offensive game, is not a good defender, is a subpar rebounder and after this latest injury will have likely averaged missing over 25 games per season (his lowest number of missed games will be 12 in a shortened season). He’s never even averaged 13 points per game until this season and he only did it for 8 games. And he’s had injury problems dating back to college and I believe high school. No matter how much you like cam - and I like cam - you just can’t throw big $$$ at him.

I agree with most of this, but I'd say he is a +defender. He isn't going to win any defensive awards but he's not been anyone we need to cover for on the defensive end. And being a great 3 point shooter and solid defender is something that gets paid a lot of money.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree with most of this, but I'd say he is a +defender. He isn't going to win any defensive awards but he's not been anyone we need to cover for on the defensive end. And being a great 3 point shooter and solid defender is something that gets paid a lot of money.
I think it depends who he’s guarding. He gets run over by stronger players. As a wing he’s a pretty good defender, that’s true.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA