Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You ready for the Grayson Allen era?
Who sits for him? Lee? Shamet? Payne? Washington? I’m actually liking what they all bring to the table enough to think allennisnt a big enough upgrade over them (Washington is obviously deep bench with Paul’s return) to not pursue another power forward imo

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who sits for him? Lee? Shamet? Payne? Washington? I’m actually liking what they all bring to the table enough to think allennisnt a big enough upgrade over them (Washington is obviously deep bench with Paul’s return) to not pursue another power forward imo

If the Suns invest time and a new contract in Duane Washington, I don't think they will be disappointed. He could be that explosive scorer and playmaker off the bench.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Payne is balling right now.

I think Lee or Washington are the odd man out if Allen is the guy. I’ve actually really warmed up to the idea of getting Allen

Last 4 years from 3
40%
39%
40%
42%

That sure would be nice

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Payne is balling right now.

I think Lee or Washington are the odd man out if Allen is the guy. I’ve actually really warmed up to the idea of getting Allen

Last 4 years from 3
40%
39%
40%
42%

That sure would be nice
Lee is shooting 46% from 3 at present. And his stroke looks really nice. Don’t think he maintains that, but again, is allen a big improvement over Lee?

Look at their per 36 for this season. They’re basically the same guy.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lee is shooting 46% from 3 at present. And his stroke looks really nice. Don’t think he maintains that, but again, is allen a big improvement over Lee?

Like you said can Lee maintain that though. If he can AND you can add Allen with Cam coming back then all of a sudden we got some shooters from deep. I like it

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like Lee's no fear mentality. Don't want to give it up. If the Suns acquired Allen, the players most threatened to lose playing time are Washington, Shamet and Okogie.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You ready for the Grayson Allen era?
There would not be a three team deal if we were getting him.

Pretty sure the goal is to get a PF. Actually I am hoping the target is Bogdanovich again.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

My answer is no.

I see no point in Grayson Allen at all. I think Shamet might even be better.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There would not be a three team deal if we were getting him.

Pretty sure the goal is to get a PF. Actually I am hoping the target is Bogdanovich again.

Yeah. Crowder for Allen works straight up salary wise. If that were the trade it would have probably already been done.

Maybe the Suns are trying to get a first round pick included or get a third team involved.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I like Lee's no fear mentality. Don't want to give it up. If the Suns acquired Allen, the players most threatened to lose playing time are Washington, Shamet and Okogie.
With Paul’s return those guys ain’t seeing a lot of court time anyway.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Paul’s return those guys ain’t seeing a lot of court time anyway.

The Suns need to prepare Washington for the playoffs so there is no replay of Aaron Holiday not getting minutes.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t see the point in adding another guard the caliber of our current backups. I would do Crowder/Saric for Barnes if Sac thinks Jae is a better fit at the 3 with Sabonis and Murray there.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns, Bucks, Rockets is the rumor

I swear to God if James Jones gets Eric Gordon I’m going to laugh my ass off. Pulling the trigger 3 years too late.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Deal is dead apparently it fell through

Suns: Eric Gordon
Bucks: Crowder
Rockets: Grayson Allen

I swear to God James Jones is pure trash as a GM. Gordon coming to Phoenix 3 years too late. He’s WASHED.

He’s so reactive and not proactive it’s not even funny. James Jones is the ultimate day late and dollar short GM.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember the days before James Jones became the GM and they weren't so good.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember the days before James Jones became the GM and they weren't so good.

You mean before Chris Paul wanted to play with Booker? No they weren’t great. James Jones didn’t build any of this.

And if your argument for him was well we sucked before that’s not a very good argument.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Deal is dead apparently it fell through

Suns: Eric Gordon
Bucks: Crowder
Rockets: Grayson Allen

I swear to God James Jones is pure trash as a GM. Gordon coming to Phoenix 3 years too late. He’s WASHED.

He’s so reactive and not proactive it’s not even funny. James Jones is the ultimate day late and dollar short GM.
Only really makes sense for Milwaukee.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only really makes sense for Milwaukee.

This would make sense but it is only speculation. The Suns tried to get Vanderbilt with Bojan in another rumored trade.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean before Chris Paul wanted to play with Booker? No they weren’t great. James Jones didn’t build any of this.

And if your argument for him was well we sucked before that’s not a very good argument.

A GM should be evaluated on results.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns, Bucks, Rockets is the rumor

I swear to God if James Jones gets Eric Gordon I’m going to laugh my ass off. Pulling the trigger 3 years too late.
It's probably for Kenyon Martin Jr then. Already heard suns were interested in him

I think he has more value to the suns then Gordon does, but if we have to take Gordon back with him that is probably ok if it only costs us shamet or Dario.