Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Finals
2nd round
?

This team is not a contender as it stands right now.

A GM also has to look ahead and plan for the future.
If the deal is Crowder and Shamet for KJ Martin and Gordon that actually seems like a good deal to me.

Martin is a young guy which has potential - for Crowder who is currently a nothing and Gordon is an upgrade to Shamet.

How can anyone really complain about that deal?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finals
2nd round
?

This team is not a contender as it stands right now.

A GM also has to look ahead and plan for the future.

I'm not understanding why you are more down on James Jones and not Deandre Ayton.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not understanding why you are more down on James Jones and not Deandre Ayton.

I’ve said numerous times DA has checked out. At this point he’s become an anchor around the Suns neck

And why is that? Because for two years he’s been told how the franchise doesn’t value him. Because the Suns played with his contract costing him 25 million dollars, because the Suns have dangled his name in trade talks. When have those things ever worked out good for any player on any team ever? The answer is never.

James Jones should have pulled the trigger. If you gonna put it out there have to go through with it but nope here we are.

Suns could have a big man rotation of Sabonis, Stix, Biz and Landale instead Ayton and Crowder both obviously want out. But bang up job by Jones right.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the deal is Crowder and Shamet for KJ Martin and Gordon that actually seems like a good deal to me.

Martin is a young guy which has potential - for Crowder who is currently a nothing and Gordon is an upgrade to Shamet.

How can anyone really complain about that deal?

But that’s not the deal that’s being reported.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Deal is dead apparently it fell through

Suns: Eric Gordon
Bucks: Crowder
Rockets: Grayson Allen

I swear to God James Jones is pure trash as a GM. Gordon coming to Phoenix 3 years too late. He’s WASHED.

He’s so reactive and not proactive it’s not even funny. James Jones is the ultimate day late and dollar short GM.
Thats not a good trade.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton and Crowder for KD. That works with salary. All that is left is quibbling over picks. Ayton has to agree.

Or how about this wild one? Crowder and Paul to the Lakers for AD. Not really advocating it, just throwing the idea out there.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is what we know. Booker is the star of this team. CP3 is becoming less of a factor almost daily. Ayton is practically a non-factor at this point, and Jae isn't even playing. Saric is completely disposable.

Cam Payne is taking off, Mikal is increasing his scoring and impact, Cam Johnson is a huge piece. Jock is filling a significant role. There are more options for trade now than just a few weeks ago because other players are stepping up.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But that’s not the deal that’s being reported.
What is being reported? Just Gordon?

You realize to match salaries we have to send some else. Just like the Bogdanovich deal, James is going to want a young guy. Martin's salary is less than 2 million.

I bet the deal I wrote is the actual deal.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton and Crowder for KD. That works with salary. All that is left is quibbling over picks. Ayton has to agree.

Or how about this wild one? Crowder and Paul to the Lakers for AD. Not really advocating it, just throwing the idea out there.
Yeah, that's not happening. Nets can get a much better deal than that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Been saying Kuz would be a home run addition but they would need to pay him beyond this season.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For shamet, crowder and a pick.

(I know that’s a pipe dream)
Did you put that into a trade generator? I don't know the numbers off hand. Is Crowder/Shamet equal to 25M? I think that's what I posted on the other thread. His cap hit is 25M this season or something like it. I just don't recall their cap numbers.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Did you put that into a trade generator? I don't know the numbers off hand. Is Crowder/Shamet equal to 25M? I think that's what I posted on the other thread. His cap hit is 25M this season or something like it. I just don't recall their cap numbers.
The Suns can’t afford Collins unless Ayton is outgoing. The trade specifically of sone expiring and picks would probably do it though. He’s always been a bad fit in Atlanta.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Don’t they have to be 75% of his salary? They combine for $19,683,800 in cap number. Don’t know if that’s how it works.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns can’t afford Collins unless Ayton is outgoing. The trade specifically of sone expiring and picks would probably do it though. He’s always been a bad fit in Atlanta.
See above. The numbers work according to the trade generator.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is being reported? Just Gordon?

You realize to match salaries we have to send some else. Just like the Bogdanovich deal, James is going to want a young guy. Martin's salary is less than 2 million.

I bet the deal I wrote is the actual deal.

I already put up the deal

Collins only makes 23 million.

Crowder, Dario and 2 1st would get it done. They get two expiring contracts and picks to put back what they gave up for in the Murray trade

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t see KD, SGA or Collins we’re gonna make small moves.

Isn’t Kuzma one of the most inefficient players in the league? I know he was struggling bad awhile back.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t see KD, SGA or Collins we’re gonna make small moves.

Isn’t Kuzma one of the most inefficient players in the league? I know he was struggling bad awhile back.
I have no evidence to back this up but going back to his college days I've always felt that he had Lamar Odom's problem. And when he's playing smart/hard he's almost as impactful as Odom was capable of being. But when he's not playing smart/hard he's quite a bit worse than unmotivated Odom. I used to think Ayton had the same problem but I suspect his all out committment to video games explains his inconsistent focus and intensity.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no evidence to back this up but going back to his college days I've always felt that he had Lamar Odom's problem. And when he's playing smart/hard he's almost as impactful as Odom was capable of being. But when he's not playing smart/hard he's quite a bit worse than unmotivated Odom. I used to think Ayton had the same problem but I suspect his all out committment to video games explains his inconsistent focus and intensity.

I’ve never once been impressed with Kuzma

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I already put up the deal

Collins only makes 23 million.

Crowder, Dario and 2 1st would get it done. They get two expiring contracts and picks to put back what they gave up for in the Murray trade
That's an overpay by the Suns for a guy that the Hawks have been trying to offload for a couple years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave