Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The eye test says that Torrey is a much worse three point shooter than Jae. I feel like he is a pretty big step down. I think it's important that we get a starter level player in return for Crowder otherwise he can just sit. He was very unprofessional about his exit so he can just wait it out however long it takes for us to get something fair in return.
I don't know, the eye test showed me that both of them are terrible 3point shooters. Jae just has A LOT more volume.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The danger of the preseason is not only injuries that happen for absolutely nothing (2 Cams), but also that fans read way too much into things. As hard as it may be, we have to reserve at least some judgement for when the games actually count.

In the preseason you're seeing guys not go all-out and you're seeing rotations that are all over the place. We've definitely seen both those things in the first 2 games. The only thing to do is basically ignore any perceived takeaways from these games and see what happens in Game 1 against Dallas.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The season doesn't open until October 19th against the Mavericks, but I'd like to have a solid bench rotation for the team.

The injuries and absences slow this down.

I was hoping the Suns might fill Crowder's spot via a trade or find another rotation player for the 15th roster spot.

Both of these spots could now well drag on into the season, perhaps even until the trade deadline.

Also, if the Suns decide to extend Cam Johnson, it has to be done before the regular season starts.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I know Gambo said we don't want him, but Jae+Dario for John Collins works. We can even throw in a first. I think that works for both teams, although I'd hate to get rid of Dario.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Gambo said we don't want him, but Jae+Dario for John Collins works. We can even throw in a first. I think that works for both teams, although I'd hate to get rid of Dario.
I think Crowder and Shamet would work too.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d rather do Dario. We won 64 games last year without Dario. It’s pretty much just giving up Crowder for Collins
I'm not sure which player I'd rather include. Saric is a huge question mark coming off his latest injury plus he hasn't been as durable or as well-conditioned as we'd like during his stay here. But at his best he's been much better than Shamet was during his best streak and his ceiling is much greater than Landry's IMO.

Shamet is a shooter that so far has been better at defense than shooting, Saric is a jack of all trades but can you really be a jack of all trades when you're rarely in peak form? So again, I'm not sure who I'd include but from a team standpoint, we are probably better suited to absorb Dario's absence as suggested by your 64 win comment.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the Hawks want to keep John Collins.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol… guys, we were getting Collins for Jae and whatever unrealiable 10 million dollar bench contract.

Come on.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bogdan Bogdanovic ($18 million) might be a likely target. He has a player option for the following season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
De’Andre Hunter makes for a clean swap, and he is scheduled to be a RFA next season.

His stats are similar to Crowder.

Oh my God you guys… they LOVE Hunter. They are trading him for a one year rental good glue guy but marginal starter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bogdan Bogdanovic ($18 million) might be a likely target. He has a player option for the following season.
Bogdanovich could be an option, but I bet we have to throw in a sweetener.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my God you guys… they LOVE Hunter. They are trading him for a one year rental good glue guy but marginal starter.

I'm simply putting out ideas that may work.

Hunter will become a RFA next season. It's possible they may not be able to afford him.

The Hawks might be interested in draft picks since they traded for Dejounte Murray.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Onyeka Okongwu but he is a young center.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the players out for tonight's game against the Nuggets. Any coincidences?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure which player I'd rather include. Saric is a huge question mark coming off his latest injury plus he hasn't been as durable or as well-conditioned as we'd like during his stay here. But at his best he's been much better than Shamet was during his best streak and his ceiling is much greater than Landry's IMO.

Shamet is a shooter that so far has been better at defense than shooting, Saric is a jack of all trades but can you really be a jack of all trades when you're rarely in peak form? So again, I'm not sure who I'd include but from a team standpoint, we are probably better suited to absorb Dario's absence as suggested by your 64 win comment.
Sure you can. It's just that one of the trades is being injured. ;)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would be a good result at this point if we could pull that off.

But Collins really makes me nervous. There has to be a reason they want to get rid of him so badly.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard much talk about an extension for Cam Johnson lately.

Would the Suns consider including him in a trade?

I know the Suns talk glowingly about him, but do they want to go through restricted free agency again.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But Collins really makes me nervous. There has to be a reason they want to get rid of him so badly.

The news out there currently is that they dont want to move Collins now. so idk...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Right.

He seems talented as all hell, but rumors are he wants to be the man and more importantly paid like the man.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The news out there currently is that they dont want to move Collins now. so idk...
I don't really believe it. If he's off the trade market, I'd guess it's due to a lack of quality offers.

His inability to hold his position when he's guarding down low coupled with his inability to guard on the perimeter and his lack of overall defensive awareness has frustrated the Hawks since he got there. He brings scoring and rebounding but hurts you everywhere else and the hawks already have scoring and rebounding covered.

He might be a better fit for us but I worry that his almost non-existent pick and roll defense will keep DA in foul trouble trying to cover for him. Still, we need a consistent scorer and rebounder so I'd probably gamble on a deal for him if Crowder really interests them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the video above, Shams talked about the Hawks keeping Collins, but who knows until the cards are on the table.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard