Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

There's a post on the big men shooting 3's just about everyday, is some narrative trying to be pushed here by the media or are they just simply random videos with no context?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's a post on the big men shooting 3's just about everyday, is some narrative trying to be pushed here by the media or are they just simply random videos with no context?
You would think an NBA player would have enough arc on his shot to get the ball over the front of the rim. It the ball hardly goes above the rim in its entire path from hand to basket, its not going in. Doesn't take a basketball player to figure that out. Its just geometry. Cmon DA.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's good to see Chris Paul and Devin Booker hanging out together.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to NBA GM Survey, almost universally the Suns are thought to be thinner and not as deep as last year. They only got 3% 1st place votes but 41% of the 3rd place votes.

So most GMs think the Suns will be competitive and in the mix but universally not thought of as the top team any longer.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
According to NBA GM Survey, almost universally the Suns are thought to be thinner and not as deep as last year. They only got 3% 1st place votes but 41% of the 3rd place votes.

So most GMs think the Suns will be competitive and in the mix but universally not thought of as the top team any longer.
The same survey last year was 7% first place votes and 37% 3rd place votes.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same survey last year was 7% first place votes and 37% 3rd place votes.
Different situations. Many thought the Suns had luck with all the other team injuries that year. They were not coming off a historic regular season and best record in the NBA. Not to mention all season long analyst kept saying the Suns were the deepest the league.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think they are wrong necessarily.

Our bench was weak last year and has only gotten weaker. Going to be interesting how many minutes our starters are going to end up playing, because the bench is going to cost us games.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's good to see Chris Paul and Devin Booker hanging out together.

Speaking of which did anyone watch these highlights of those 2 guys - they were incredible. These look like the best 2 prospects since Lebron. After watching this if I am OKC I would offer all 20 1sts or whatever I have to get the 1st pick for this Wembanyama - he looks like he is going to be the best ever.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think that is as much about depth as it is a response to their failure in the playoffs revealing something, and CP3 aging. Also, other teams have gotten a lot better.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that is as much about depth as it is a response to their failure in the playoffs revealing something, and CP3 aging. Also, other teams have gotten a lot better.
The survey was about how this year's team looks. I think it's direct reflection of other teams' perception of us going into this season and how our roster stands.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Everyone knows the west teams have some significant coming back from injury or added a key piece

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Everyone knows the west teams have some significant coming back from injury or added a key piece
Crazy to think all the already good teams that improved internally or added a piece; Clipps, Nuggs, Pels, Wolves, Hawks, Cavs…. I still think Milwaukee would’ve gone back to back with a healthy Middleton.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah we may get slapped around a lil more by the healthy and improved teams but they have to play each other too.
Maybe no west coast team breaks 55-60 wins this year besides the Suns of course.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think they are wrong necessarily.

Our bench was weak last year and has only gotten weaker. Going to be interesting how many minutes our starters are going to end up playing, because the bench is going to cost us games.

Our bench was great last year. Our bench had the 3rd best scoring margin of any bench in the NBA.

However... unless we get the return of Super Dario and Cam Payne rediscovers his shooting for, I expect the bench to be worse this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA