Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts? I expect more rebounds from Torrey Craig.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Both propable get cut but nice read.

It's a tough situation. Both players appear long shots to make the team unless the Suns make a trade where more roster spots are created.

It's a shame to see players cut.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So is Torrey Craig going to fill the Jae role? Is he capable?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Torrey Craig can be a temporary replacement for Crowder, but he is not a long term solution.

Craig has about 5 years of experience and Crowder 10.

Here is a career stat comparison.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Torrey Craig can be a temporary replacement for Crowder, but he is not a long term solution.

Craig has about 5 years of experience and Crowder 10.

Here is a career stat comparison.

Torrey is a better rebounder, not as much of a scorer, shooting percentages look about the same. Stats-wise, Jae is the better defender. Yeah, on paper, I see Torrey being able to fill that role. I have a bad feeling about this year though. This team has lost some of its fire it seems, and the competition has gotten better.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torrey is a better rebounder, not as much of a scorer, shooting percentages look about the same. Stats-wise, Jae is the better defender. Yeah, on paper, I see Torrey being able to fill that role. I have a bad feeling about this year though. This team has lost some of its fire it seems, and the competition has gotten better.

I think you are right, JC. There seems to be something missing with the current Suns.

I can't quite put a finger on it, but there seems to be something lacking after the early exit in the playoffs, Crowder and McGee not returning, the pending sale of the team and the lack of urgency to improve the team in the off season.

I'm just not feeling the chemistry, but I hope it's something that can be recaptured.

Furthermore, I'd hate to think the Suns window has closed.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
The eye test says that Torrey is a much worse three point shooter than Jae. I feel like he is a pretty big step down. I think it's important that we get a starter level player in return for Crowder otherwise he can just sit. He was very unprofessional about his exit so he can just wait it out however long it takes for us to get something fair in return.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’ve always felt that Craig plays better with better players. He fills the gaps that the starters fall short on. Energy, a knack for getting an extra possession or two. And he’s versatile on defense.

I feel like when he’s a bench player he puts too much pressure on himself to be impactful.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This team has definitely lost a lot of their fire.

I know NBA players try to avoid getting involved in other players financial issues as far as extensions go but they aren't just giving media friendly responses when asked Crowder but they've openly talked about missing him and wishing he were there. That's ridiculous. They should feel slighted or angry that he's not there. He is still under contract.

This sets a bad precedence by JJ for letting this hapoene and continuing to drag on. If if are Paul or Booker, even Ayton, then I could see it but Jae is the definition of Journeyman Role Player.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson