Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From the NBA.com power rankings.

The Suns have the league’s best clutch offense (135.9 points scored per 100 possessions) and its best clutch defense (91.0 allowed per 100), and they’re now 22-3 (.880) in games that were within five points in the last five minutes, just a tick behind the 2015-16 Warriors (30-4, .882) for the best clutch record in the 26 seasons for which we have play-by-play data.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reportedly there was a typo.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have the math geeks here (I am not one of them). Let's do our own.

I do know this. If Golden State goes on a run and wins out, going 24-0 for the rest of the season, the Suns can go 20-6 and still end up in a tie. Both of the scenarios seem very very unlikely.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We have the math geeks here (I am not one of them). Let's do our own.

I do know this. If Golden State goes on a run and wins out, going 24-0 for the rest of the season, the Suns can go 20-6 and still end up in a tie. Both of the scenarios seem very very unlikely.
You think the Suns going 20-6 is very very unlikely?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You think the Suns going 20-6 is very very unlikely?
With this present team, I do. Let me take out the two "very" s and just say unlikely. Of course, the Warriors going 24-0 is much much more unlikely.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d go after Dragic hard for two reasons. First, we have no idea how long Payne is going to be out and Dragic could be the answer to running the second unit if that’s an extended period of time.

Second, Even if Payne comes back, if Dragic is healthy I’d rather see him out there at the backup 2 than Shamet. He’s been atrocious this year and having another shooter/ball handler next to Payne would make that unit even deadlier. Also, Shamet has stated his ankle injuries can linger so he’s a bit of a reinjury risk anyway.

Shamet has been awful. Putrid. If there’s a way to possibly upgrade there, we should do it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucks are going to sign DeAndre Bembry. He always plays hard from what I've seen. I don't know if this changes them going after Dragic.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not wanting to jinx anything, but the Magic Numbers will be a separate thread soon ;)

If the Suns win out regular season and postseason no need to worry about magic numbers. :cool:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d go after Dragic hard for two reasons. First, we have no idea how long Payne is going to be out and Dragic could be the answer to running the second unit if that’s an extended period of time.

Second, Even if Payne comes back, if Dragic is healthy I’d rather see him out there at the backup 2 than Shamet. He’s been atrocious this year and having another shooter/ball handler next to Payne would make that unit even deadlier. Also, Shamet has stated his ankle injuries can linger so he’s a bit of a reinjury risk anyway.

Shamet has been awful. Putrid. If there’s a way to possibly upgrade there, we should do it.
Yeah we don't know how long he'll be out but I'd be surprised if the club doesn't have a pretty good idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA