Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's time to begin a new Suns update and discussion thread for the 2021-22 season as well.

I'm sure lots of news will soon be forthcoming regarding next season.

Suns home opener is October 20th versus the Nuggets.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns and Cardinals fans should do some advanced planning.

Of course both games have to be watched on Christmas Day!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When do they drop the full schedule? I hope the Suns play another home game Christmas week. I'd love to do both games Christmas day but that's a stretch.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When do they drop the full schedule? I hope the Suns play another home game Christmas week. I'd love to do both games Christmas day but that's a stretch.

The full NBA schedule hasn't been released but I suspect it will be released soon.

The only scheduled games that have been released are for Christmas Day and the opening week in October.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope we get an MLK day game as well. It's about time the Suns are featured nationally.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friday I think the national TV/Cable schedule comes out

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope we get an MLK day game as well. It's about time the Suns are featured nationally.

about time? You say that as if they haven’t been atrocious the previous ten seasons before last year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

about time? You say that as if they haven’t been atrocious the previous ten seasons before last year

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
about time? You say that as if they haven’t been atrocious the previous ten seasons before last year.

I know it's been a while since they've been good but it's not like we're the Hornets, a team with no direction and nothing to look forward to.

A lot of people had no clue who Booker was prior to the bubble. I'm not saying we should have had Christmas day Primetime games. We were shafted nationally for a long time. Look at how many games nationally the Pistons will get after drafting Cade #1 overall. We didn't really see a bump from taking Ayton. It took the bubble run to get some national respect.

I'm also glad that we're good enough to get the platform. Its like 50/50.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's been a while since they've been good but it's not like we're the Hornets, a team with no direction and nothing to look forward to.

A lot of people had no clue who Booker was prior to the bubble. I'm not saying we should have had Christmas day Primetime games. We were shafted nationally for a long time. Look at how many games nationally the Pistons will get after drafting Cade #1 overall. We didn't really see a bump from taking Ayton. It took the bubble run to get some national respect.

dude, we were the WORST FRANCHISE IN THE LEAGUE for a decade. That’s not hyperbole. That’s by record. We had what... SIX coaches in ten years? 3 GMs in ten years? AND for years, had a notoriously awful management scheme that was a joke to the rest of the league. coaches decided to TAKE GAMES OFF and let their assistants or even their OWN PLAYERS COACH. We were the definition of a directionless catastrophe.

The idea that the absolute joke franchise in the league was shafted out of national TV games is pretty ridiculous. No league/network wants to promote a perpetual stain. I mean... you make the argument that we should have gotten more games on tv after we drafted Ayton, even though we won 19 games beforehand. And that the Pistons are going to see a bunch of games because of Cade Cunningham. Yet... the T-Wolves had the 1st pick last year and they didn’t all of a sudden get games on the air because of Bennett. Why? Because they’re a joke of the league and won’t get on TV with any regularity until they’re not. Same with Fultz with the Sixers. Same with KAT with the Wolves again. The only time a rookie moves the needle for a terrible team/franchise is if they’re a Generational Talent who plays high-flying basketball and was a superstar is college, like Zion.

the team didn’t deserve national TV games prior to last year when the previous year they finally showed signs of life. Combo that with CP3 and in return, they got a solid number of National TV games last season. and now they’re going to get even more. That’s how it works. The NBA and its TV partners need good teams on the air to get ratings because ratings gets more advertising. They aren’t just going to put trash teams on air out of kindness.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh we were way worse

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh we were way worse

right?! There was also a stretch where almost every time they put us on national TV we would get CRUSHED. And I’m not talking about losing a game by 15 points. They were 20 and 30 point blowouts. I actually think we even lost by 40 once during the dark years on TV.

no league or networkexecutive wants that kind of non-competitive trash on TV.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude, we were the WORST FRANCHISE IN THE LEAGUE for a decade. That’s not hyperbole. That’s by record. We had what... SIX coaches in ten years? 3 GMs in ten years? AND for years, had a notoriously awful management scheme that was a joke to the rest of the league. coaches decided to TAKE GAMES OFF and let their assistants or even their OWN PLAYERS COACH. We were the definition of a directionless catastrophe.

The idea that the absolute joke franchise in the league was shafted out of national TV games is pretty ridiculous. No league/network wants to promote a perpetual stain. I mean... you make the argument that we should have gotten more games on tv after we drafted Ayton, even though we won 19 games beforehand. And that the Pistons are going to see a bunch of games because of Cade Cunningham. Yet... the T-Wolves had the 1st pick last year and they didn’t all of a sudden get games on the air because of Bennett. Why? Because they’re a joke of the league and won’t get on TV with any regularity until they’re not. Same with Fultz with the Sixers. Same with KAT with the Wolves again. The only time a rookie moves the needle for a terrible team/franchise is if they’re a Generational Talent who plays high-flying basketball and was a superstar is college, like Zion.

the team didn’t deserve national TV games prior to last year when the previous year they finally showed signs of life. Combo that with CP3 and in return, they got a solid number of National TV games last season. and now they’re going to get even more. That’s how it works. The NBA and its TV partners need good teams on the air to get ratings because ratings gets more advertising. They aren’t just going to put trash teams on air out of kindness.
Not to nitpick but I don't think that's quite accurate (the record part, I can't argue against us being the worst franchise over that time). At a minimum, I'm pretty sure the Kings had a slightly worse record than we did over the ten year period that ended during the Covid season or the 10 year period that ended the season prior to us showing a little life with our bubble run.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns bringing the 2-point shot back in style?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SUNS RELEASE 2021-22 SEASON SCHEDULE:

There is a brief video to wade through.

OP
OP