Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Bridges is exceeding his contract, his defense is absolutely elite. He should have been all-nba last year, I suspect he will get his due this year.

That said... I was hoping his offense would be making another stride this season and so far it hasn't been there. In the playoffs he was beginning to show some springy, mid range, pull up moves, getting the ball out wide, dribbling towards the paint and then catching teams off guard with a quick pull up when they collapsed towards the rim. He seems to have abandoned that move so far this year.

Bridges does a much better job pulling up for the jumper driving down the middle of the lane than he does along the baseline.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges does a much better job pulling up for the jumper driving down the middle of the lane than he does along the baseline.
Agreed, but I am miffed at how little he is doing it now compared to in the end of last year. It seemed like he had made it a regular part if his arsenal and now it seems totally absent.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agreed, but I am miffed at how little he is doing it now compared to in the end of last year. It seemed like he had made it a regular part if his arsenal and now it seems totally absent.
CP3 is not hurt Suns don't need him to shoot anymore. His place is in the corner or running the break

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When Suns are not hitting threes they will need it. Hopefully we see more of it as the season progresses.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
12 wins is a feat but these teams we’ve played were missing important players. We will take em to build on our record for seeding.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal Bridges is asked if the Suns are being overlooked. I will use a spoiler for language.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I love this kid, despite my frustration with parts of his game I know can get better.

The key to winning the title is going to be either Bridges or Ayton taking a big step forward to give us that legit #3 star, then having the other one can be an absolute KILLER #4.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Kaminsky hasn't been ruled out for the season but a timetable for his return has not been determined.

By Duane Rankin, Arizona Republic:

Sources informed The Republic that Kaminsky isn't ruled out for the season, as the Suns are evaluating and determining a timetable for his return.

"We're going to miss him for sure, but we're hopeful he can get back sooner rather than later," Suns coach Monty Williams said before Phoenix's home win over Denver on Sunday. "He's a huge part of our team, culture and we just have to wait and see, but just feel for him cause he was playing so well."

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Frank Kaminsky hasn't been ruled out for the season but a timetable for his return has not been determined.

By Duane Rankin, Arizona Republic:

Sources informed The Republic that Kaminsky isn't ruled out for the season, as the Suns are evaluating and determining a timetable for his return.

"We're going to miss him for sure, but we're hopeful he can get back sooner rather than later," Suns coach Monty Williams said before Phoenix's home win over Denver on Sunday. "He's a huge part of our team, culture and we just have to wait and see, but just feel for him cause he was playing so well."

My guess is mid March. He had the same injury 2 years ago, about the same time of year and would have started practicing with the team right when COVID hit.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Mikal Bridges is asked if the Suns are being overlooked. I will use a spoiler for language.

The full podcast of it is out and is worth a listen (~ an hour).

One of the things I learned there was that Mikal didn't really do much pre-draft with Phoenix. He made it sound like Phoenix did the trade without a workout.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seen this on Reddit and it’s alarming AF

Bookers free throw % by quarter

1st 92.3%
2nd 94.4%
3rd 96.2%
4th 58.3%

What the hell

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seen this on Reddit and it’s alarming AF

Bookers free throw % by quarter

1st 92.3%
2nd 94.4%
3rd 96.2%
4th 58.3%

What the hell

It’s bizarre. He seems to miss a decent amount of clutch FTs for a great FT shooter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find the breakdown for free throws but Devin Booker shoots better from the field and from 3-point range this season in the 4th quarter than any other quarter.

He shoots .500 from the field and .500 from 3-point range in the 4th quarter.

This is pretty clutch.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I could find the breakdown for free throws but Devin Booker shoots better from the field and from 3-point range this season in the 4th quarter than any other quarter.

He shoots .500 from the field and .500 from 3-point range in the 4th quarter.

This is pretty clutch.
I can take the free throw shooting as an anomaly for now. If it’s still an issue around the halfway mark of the season it will legitimately be concerning.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can take the free throw shooting as an anomaly for now. If it’s still an issue around the halfway mark of the season it will legitimately be concerning.

The same here. When Booker misses a 4th quarter free throw alarm bells goes off. The field goal percentage is more telling for me.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But I see on the threads that guards are just abusing him on defense. That’s so odd. It seems like his defense has just gotten better and better. Turns out it’s not missing at all

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose