Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

But I see on the threads that guards are just abusing him on defense. That’s so odd. It seems like his defense has just gotten better and better. Turns out it’s not missing at all
I think he does a good job taking away the drive when matched up on guards, but it does seem like he is giving up quite a bit of space for the three ball.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he does a good job taking away the drive when matched up on guards, but it does seem like he is giving up quite a bit of space for the three ball.

That’s not his job. You don’t want your center up on a guard like he’s Bridges his job is to stop penetration.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That’s not his job. You don’t want your center up on a guard like he’s Bridges his job is to stop penetration.
Depends who he is guarding. If he is switched onto a shooter and is focusing on taking away the drive than he is failing. If he is switched onto Westbrook for instance than by all means he should sag off and take away the drive.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depends who he is guarding. If he is switched onto a shooter and is focusing on taking away the drive than he is failing. If he is switched onto Westbrook for instance than by all means he should sag off and take away the drive.

That’s not realistic to have your 7 footer playing up in a guards face at the 3 point line. That puts him in position to be blown by

Either way his defense on guards is great as the numbers show

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Most teams try to get the switch going so they can take advantage on the mismatch. Look at who Booker and Paul usually have to shoot over.

I think Ayton does better when the guy pulls up rather than when an opponent drives.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oops

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hollinger per shows McGee at #5 and Ayton at 15 for centers right now.
Hmmm. Ayton better step it up if he wants a max deal. Sometimes you just have to let a player hit the market so he can see his value for himself.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Surprisingly only work about 700 million and puts him on the poor side as far as owners go

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hollinger per shows McGee at #5 and Ayton at 15 for centers right now.

That is super misleading. McGee and Kristaps are in the top 5 while Ayton and BAM are in the 15-20 range

Also according to that Gary Payton jr is the best SG in the NBA while Booker comes in at 5

and Frank Kaminsky is at 5 at the PF position

Come on now

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is super misleading. McGee and Kristaps are in the top 5 while Ayton and BAM are in the 15-20 range

Also according to that Gary Payton jr is the best SG in the NBA while Booker comes in at 5

and Frank Kaminsky is at 5 at the PF position

Come on now

Misleading or not our eyes see that McGee has been pretty good for us.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Surprisingly only work about 700 million and puts him on the poor side as far as owners go
I want us a multi-billionaire.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Yes Please.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh my lord. Iger would be a freaking grand slam homerun.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't think of a better ownership scenario. Deep pockets and a ton of marketing connections.
And from all reports, one of the classiest/smartest businessman across any industry.

It would be a 180 degree flip with him the face of the Front Office v. Foamy.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And from all reports, one of the classiest/smartest businessman across any industry.

It would be a 180 degree flip with him the face of the Front Office v. Foamy.

It’s a dream scenario for the NBA

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK. Is no one else seeing this? ESPN (a Disney-owned network) spends months developing an expose on Sarver--some call it a hit piece--I don't know. Then the Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board OF THE SAME COMPANY THAT OWNS ESPN expresses public interest in buying the team.

Coincidence? Conflict of interest?

As much as I would like a new owner, this smacks of . . . something.