Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sending a tweet to Kellen Olson to ask him where that updated info might be. I tried checking the Suns media guide on their website but that lists the old info, thought I'd pass that info along so you don't go searching there.

It was Mike from the Timeline who tweeted info on the changes before. He said it was from NBA.com but when he goes there now it shows the old stuff as well. So who knows what happened. Maybe they'll update it soon because he said the page looked different altogether.

The Athletic had some of the new measurements but it only mentioned a few players in one of their articles.

I've seen tweets mention the measurements as well but they must be getting them from a source. Hopefully we will find that source soon. It's frustrating the new measurements have not become uniform.

Here is a link to a tweet from Mike Vigil with some of the Suns measurements.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Athletic had some of the new measurements but it only mentioned a few players in one of their articles.

I've seen tweets mention the measurements as well but they must be getting them from a source. Hopefully we will find that source soon. It's frustrating the new measurements have not become uniform.

Here is a link to a tweet from Mike Vigil with some of the Suns measurements.

Mike got those from NBA.com, that's what he said last night on Twitter in a reply to me. Bob Young and Mike Vigil both retweeted my tweet to Mike with the updated info from NBA.com this morning. Bob is a writer for the Athletic.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the NBA stats for individual players.
It shows his weight as 216.

https://stats.nba.com/player/203967/

When I posted, I saw three or four other sites that
showed him at 215.

But I see there are other sites that list Saric at 222-230.

I wonder if the 216 is part of the new truth-in-reporting
issue, but I thought that was only for height. :shrug:

Otherwise, OK, he weighs between 223-230, which is
fine for a Power Forward.

Also at NBA.com under the "player" category Saric is listed at 225 pounds. :bang:

https://www.nba.com/players/dario/saric/203967

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike got those from NBA.com, that's what he said last night on Twitter in a reply to me. Bob Young and Mike Vigil both retweeted my tweet to Mike with the updated info from NBA.com this morning. Bob is a writer for the Athletic.

At this point I don't know what to say. It's clear as mud.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go to stats and look up individual players, it will have their updated information.

Here is Saric, at 6'10" and 216 lbs

https://stats.nba.com/player/203967/

So at least we know how to make it show which version. Stats will show new, bios will show old.

This is what @BC867 did to get the ball rolling.

I so wish the stats would become standardized everywhere but I guess it takes time.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
NBA.com has been back and forth all day with their listed heights and weights. I took a screenshot of what appears to be the updated data though and unlike the tweet that was previously quoted, Ayton is listed at 6'11.

Here is a link

You must be registered for see images attach
And, yup, Sarik is listed at 216 lbs, which is light
for a Power Forward, even in today's NBA.

Especially one who will have to provide the power
alongside the finesse of Ayton at Center.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone posted this on Reddit, it's a cool schedule made for the Suns this season. Only downside is times listed are EST. If they were AZ time I would have started a thread.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Emotional Monty Williams secures 1st win as Suns head coach
“It’s a cool time for me, a lot of firsts,” Williams said after the game. “First time I’ve done this without (my wife) Ingrid, and that was just different. A lot of emotions, a lot of good stuff. So thankful my kids were there tonight for the whole game. They got to see that and so glad I got to do that with the group.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/2130093/emotional-monty-williams-secures-1st-win-as-suns-head-coach/

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
popped in for a fly-bye rant on the sweet irony of game 1:

i spent a year arguing igor would/should be fired in year 1 and should be an assistant coach. there he was riding Sacramento pine day 1

they argued there were no good coaches to be had.
there he was on the Suns' sideline, day 1.

i suggested going after Rubio twice midseason. no one agreed. we overpaid off season. there he was day 1

i suggested packaging Warren and Josh (when their stocks were high) for Fox (when his stock was low) or with picks for a shot at Doncic pre-draft
-- both were gone for dirt day 1

i argued that chemistry and moral would improve under a wiser, stronger, better communicating coach. the signs were there day 1

i argued the new coach would/should optimize Ayton as a more traditional center and Booker as a star shooting guard rather than a ball-dominent floor leader. day 1, there was promising evidence of both (even when Rubio wasn't on the floor)

i hope the Hard-Head homers who couldn't handle the truth at the time learned a few things about truth, communication, and civility last season. enjoy the new season

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
I. I. I. I. Oye.

i spent a year arguing igor would/should be fired in year 1 and should be an assistant coach. there he was riding Sacramento pine day 1

i suggested going after Rubio twice midseason. no one agreed. we overpaid off season. there he was day 1

i suggested packaging Warren and Josh (when their stocks were high) for Fox (when his stock was low) or with picks for a shot at Doncic pre-draft

i argued that chemistry and moral would improve under a wiser, stronger, better communicating coach. the signs were there day 1

i argued the new coach would/should optimize Ayton as a more traditional center and Booker as a star shooting guard rather than a ball-dominent floor leader. day 1, there was promising evidence of both (even when Rubio wasn't on the floor)

i hope the Hard-Head homers who couldn't handle the truth at the time learned a few things about truth, communication, and civility last season. enjoy the new season

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score

I'll offer a fly-by rebuttal.

I'm not one to delve into these types of discussions as they are usually a distraction to what otherwise would be civil conversations about a sport we all love. However, as an objective observer of your past said discussions, (that I tried to avoid like the plague even if I agreed with you), I feel the need to respond.

It was never just your content that people sometimes vehemently disagreed with, rather it was the manner in which you presented them.

Ironically, once again, from this post, your content is buried beneath the manner in which you present it. The problem persists.

These aren't blind people on this forum that are averse to good ideas. They're presumably respectable men who should be treated with respect. (That was some times missing from your posts.) When I've given that respect the responses I've gotten have been usually thoughtful and courteous. Even if they disagreed with me (Which is often, since I'm wrong often).

Just my 2 cents.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

Bummer about Jerome, but again, it's not like he was likely to be getting all that much playing time in the foreseeable future, not with Rubio, TJ, and (now) Carter looking sharp in the PG rotation.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Said after patting self on the back over. And over. And over. :self: