Suns to find out about Barry Monday Night/Tuesday Morning

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
They had to let someone go as the Sonics were over the max player limit of 15. They had no intentions of playing him anyway.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I admit the NBA is too complicated these days for me to understand all these trades/sales/whatever, but why did Seattle release Barry?

Seems to me that a lot of teams have interest in him. Couldn't Seattle have traded him for a pick or some cash or something? :shrug:

I wish I could answer your question because it does seem Seattle could have traded him for something. I know the Sonics are at their roster limit of 15 players but it would seem that the Sonics should have had some wiggle room when a trade goes down to finalize their roster. It must have something to do with money. I'm sure there are those on the board who know this answer.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wish I could answer your question because it does seem Seattle could have traded him for something. I know the Sonics are at their roster limit of 15 players but it would seem that the Sonics should have had some wiggle room when a trade goes down to finalize their roster. It must have something to do with money. I'm sure there are those on the board who know this answer.
I would guess that a) Seattle needed to reduce their roster size quickly so that they could do the trade with Cavs and Bulls and b) there is no team in the league that would be both able and willing to take on Barry's current contract without sending back salary

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Also, remember that the trade happened right before the deadline, only a couple of days as I recall. So there was very little time to try to move Barry back out in another deal.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Agreed. The dude can shoot, and run the point very well. What more can you ask when Nash sits?

Sure Barry can shoot, but Cassell would keep the offense going for the bench.

cassell is an even worse 3 shooter than kidd and marion. he can not shoot, that's a common misconception.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cassell is an even worse 3 shooter than kidd and marion. he can not shoot, that's a common misconception.

Cassell is a dead eye shooter especially in the clutch. He's just not a good 3 point shooter.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score

Worse than Kidd?? Do you mean that Cassell's career 45% FGM and 33% from 3 are not good? (they are good) Or do you mean that his shooting has degraded as he's aged? I haven't seen him play in years. Does he still have his handles when he dribbles, or is it just love handles now?
;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looked as good as ever the last time I saw him play this season. It looked like his entire game was there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison