Suns to find out about Barry Monday Night/Tuesday Morning

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
The Suns expect to hear from free agent guard Brent Barry either late Monday or early Tuesday regarding Barry’s choice of teams, an NBA source said Monday.

Barry was expected to meet with his family tonight in his San Antonio home and decide which offer to accept. It is believed that the Suns and Spurs are the leading contenders, but Houston and Boston are also in the mix.

None of the four teams is expected to give more than a pro-rated portion of the veteran’ minimum ($1.2 million) to Barry, who had his $5.6 million contract bought out by the Sonics last week after being dealt to Seattle in the Kurt Thomas deal..

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/109883

Greg Popovich

Registered
Reaction score
Past and present Spurs attend the event.

My bet: Phoenix

He wants a larger role than the one he plays for SA

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
Slightly off-topic, but fascinating and relatively unknown fact about Brent Barry: Before he got older and hurt himself, he had some of the best hops in the NBA.

Watch in disbelief as Brent dunks from the free throw line, farther back than Michael Jordan:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5BqOdbgrclk

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Past and present Spurs attend the event.

My bet: Phoenix

He wants a larger role than the one he plays for SA

Would he get a larger role in Phoenix, though? I actually mostly want him just to keep him away from the Spurs, but I think his 3pt shooting could be helpful with the way Bell and Barbosa's 3pt% has declined.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would he get a larger role in Phoenix, though? I actually mostly want him just to keep him away from the Spurs, but I think his 3pt shooting could be helpful with the way Bell and Barbosa's 3pt% has declined.

Definitely. The Suns not only need him for his PG skills but his shooting as well. Add his smarts in the equation and there you go. Also Raja is really struggling. The Suns not only want Barry but need Barry. He would have similar impact to the Suns backcourt as TT did to the Suns frontcourt.

Last edited:

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
He's going back to SA, this fiasco is just window dressing to distance itself from the Stackhouse situation. Why would he want to leave? At this point, the Spurs have a better shot at giving him another ring.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's going back to SA, this fiasco is just window dressing to distance itself from the Stackhouse situation. Why would he want to leave? At this point, the Spurs have a better shot at giving him another ring.

Perhaps Sarver might up the ante (money) if the Suns feel the need is that great. I wish it would happen but I'm certainly not counting on it. What I find interesting is that Barry will announce his intentions probably tomorrow so it is not dragged out.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope he choses us we could defintally use his outside shooting after losing Marion, but I think he will eaither sign with the celtics or spurs

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Unifoem that Michael Finlay is wearing in that video is by far the best suns uni of all time.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, if he chooses to go back to the Spurs as some are saying, then more than just Cuban will be upset. Suns, Rockets and Celtics have all taken the time to go after Barry with the understanding that he was a free agent and not a member of the Spurs. If the only reason Barry listened to their offers was to create the appearance that he didn't already agree to go back to the Spurs prior to the trade, then every team that went after him should be upset. The league will not do anything about it, of course, at least not until off-season.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I don't think he'll be going back to the Spurs. The reason...if he's supposed to be deciding which team or teams he's interested in tonight or tomorrow, then he'll be taking the Spurs out of it. If they were in it, then he'd wait a few more weeks before telling anyone of his intentions (since he'd have to wait 30 days before he could re-sign with them, plus that's what he'd want to do to keep Stern out of it, thinking there was a pre-arranged buyout worked in with the trade)

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Barry or no Barry we will shoot again, we had an off few days!

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
he'll join the suns.

Hopefully.He is a great 3 points shooter and good in foul line as well.I don't see a reason for him to join Boston,he won't have a lot of minutes there either,James Posey,E.House is there and they re both shooters as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard