Suns @ Timberwolves Wednesday game thread 11-9-2022

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is why Ayton didn't deserve the money. But you have to pay an enigma like this what he is making.

We need him until we get someone better suited for this team. Collins, KD, someone.

If we keep him, we will never win unless Booker and DA figure out how to be the best versions of themselves at the same time. Picking, rolling, and dominating the gravity of the defense with 3 above average 3-pt shooters around them. CP3 doesn't fit if he can't be at 40% from the arc. He needs to figure that part out at this point of his career.

That's the only way this works long term.

Fortunately they have the time (right now) to figure this thing out before the trading deadline and the season add more pressure.

I think a lot of that has to do with Monty. We’re still running the same offense. Monty ain’t changing this offense

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why Ayton didn't deserve the money. But you have to pay an enigma like this what he is making.

We need him until we get someone better suited for this team. Collins, KD, someone.

If we keep him, we will never win unless Booker and DA figure out how to be the best versions of themselves at the same time. Picking, rolling, and dominating the gravity of the defense with 3 above average 3-pt shooters around them. CP3 doesn't fit if he can't be at 40% from the arc. He needs to figure that part out at this point of his career.

That's the only way this works long term.

Fortunately they have the time (right now) to figure this thing out before the trading deadline and the season add more pressure.
My guess is that we will play it safe this season. We'll be a contender but probably not a serious threat to win it all. I know everyone wants to see us go all in to try and win one during CP3's window but I'd be surprised if we did that.

We might trade DA if a good offer comes around but chances are we won't make any big moves until after the sale. It makes sense to try and raise DA's value this season and move him next year once he no longer has control of where he can be traded to.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of that has to do with Monty. We’re still running the same offense. Monty ain’t changing this offense
Monty is why DA jogs down the court? Monty is why DA is playing with no heart? I'm not trying to defend Monty, I've always had very mixed feelings about him as a Head Coach. But DA's lackluster performance this season appears to be all about effort and that's on Ayton and nobody else. I'm hoping there's some injury or ailment that has DA playing like this but if he's healthy and in shape I'm embarrassed to admit I ever defended this guy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul wanting to play with Booker is what turned this team around. Jones didn’t draft Booker, Ayton or Bridges.

So were you happy with Ryan McDonough as the GM and do you think the Suns would be where they are today with him?

Actually, some give Sarver credit for drafting Bridges.

Listen if you think we’re headed in the right direction we’re just gonna have to agree to disagree

Generally speaking, I think the Suns are headed in the right direction but they will need to improve the team this season to become a legitimate contender.

IMO, the Suns need more help at power forward and another shooter.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know I gave bridges kudos earlier, but I want to reiterate what an amazing game he had last night. He was really a whirling dervish all over the floor. And he aggressively hunted shots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There was a point last night where the Suns were running the .5 offense to perfection. I made a note of it in the game thread.

If the Suns could run this passing offense consistently, there is nothing wrong with it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So were you happy with Ryan McDonough as the GM and do you think the Suns would be where they are today with him?

Actually, some give Sarver credit for drafting Bridges.

Generally speaking, I think the Suns are headed in the right direction but they will need to improve the team this season to become a legitimate contender.

IMO, the Suns need more help at power forward and another shooter.

Well didn’t McDonough have a trade lined up for SGA and Sarver wanted Bridges? Bridges is nice but he ain’t SGA. So I take that as an L

We all knew we needed a PF and playmakers last year and still nothing from the front office

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know I gave bridges kudos earlier, but I want to reiterate what an amazing game he had last night. He was really a whirling dervish all over the floor. And he aggressively hunted shots.

When he does that nobody has answers for him but he does it about once ever 10 games.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty is why DA jogs down the court? Monty is why DA is playing with no heart? I'm not trying to defend Monty, I've always had very mixed feelings about him as a Head Coach. But DA's lackluster performance this season appears to be all about effort and that's on Ayton and nobody else. I'm hoping there's some injury or ailment that has DA playing like this but if he's healthy and in shape I'm embarrassed to admit I ever defended this guy.

Oh DA wouldn’t be the first player at all to dog it on a team he doesn’t want to be on. It’s obvious to me something is going on.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well didn’t McDonough have a trade lined up for SGA and Sarver wanted Bridges? Bridges is nice but he ain’t SGA. So I take that as an L

We all knew we needed a PF and playmakers last year and still nothing from the front office
Clippers claimed that never happened. Just a guess but I think McD wanted to trade for SGA but the Clippers also wanted one or more future picks from us and Ryan (or Sarver) said no to that. I don't know who really made the call on Bridges but if Sarver forced the issue, it was probably on the recommendation of the only voice he was seemingly listening to at that point (JJ).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There were rumors McDonough wanted to trade for Shai, but I don't know if that was on the table. You know I was a huge fan of Shai.

A part of me still wants that but I don't think McDonough was taking the Suns anywhere.

Last season the Suns did add Craig and Holiday near the trade deadline. Obviously it wasn't enough although I'm not sure if that is why the Suns fell apart in game 7 against the Mavericks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There were rumors McDonough wanted to trade for Shai, but I don't know if that was on the table. You know I was a huge fan of Shai.

A part of me still wants that but I don't think McDonough was taking the Suns anywhere.

Last season the Suns did add Craig and Holiday near the trade deadline. Obviously it wasn't enough although I'm not sure if that is why the Suns fell apart in game 7 against the Mavericks.

Trading Stix for Craig is another L come on bro.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trading Stix for Craig is another L come on bro.

I wouldn't have done that but what are saying? Gotta look at overall results.

Suns set a franchise record for wins last season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm fine with Landale, although his stats may not be as good as we had hoped. At least he will always give the effort.

He is a better shooter than we have seen of late. Although he is 27, he is still a work in progress. He has had to work for everything he gets, so I expect him to continue to work on his deficiencies.

In regard to Ayton, it's almost like Monty tried to make a point when he left him in the game in the second half when he wasn't producing. He stuck out like a sore thumb.

Landale flew under the radar for the first 5 games, now he's made it onto the scouting report.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landale flew under the radar for the first 5 games, now he's made it onto the scouting report.

This may well be true but I think he will adjust his game to take advantage.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I thought this was normally the way the Wolves play defense.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr