Suns @ Timberwolves game thread 12-16-17

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Canaan signed for the season? I know he was signed because of an injury hardship exception but I'm not sure how long he's been signed for.

I'm not sure. The Suns might want to keep him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun win 108 - 106.

Len with a big block although the Wolves got off a shot at the buzzer that went in and out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How did Thibodeau not get a tech at any point during the game? He jumped on the court screaming a few times.

Good win by the Suns. Surprised by what Kevin Ray said about the Suns being the first Western Conference team to beat Minnesota in Minnesota.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I have a feeling Len is going to get paid.

For all of his faults, I would really like to keep him. Him playing this well in a contract year scares me a little, but I'd hate to see him throw up a double double every night elsewhere.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did Thibodeau not get a tech at any point during the game? He jumped on the court screaming a few times.

Good win by the Suns. Surprised by what Kevin Ray said about the Suns being the first Western Conference team to beat Minnesota in Minnesota.

I guess it's good to be king. :shrug:

Is Thibodeau ever happy?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For all of his faults, I would really like to keep him. Him playing this well in a contract year scares me a little, but I'd hate to see him throw up a double double every night elsewhere.

I want the Suns to keep Len as well if it makes financial sense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a story within a story. The Suns shot 11-24 from 3 point range. They never shoot well from this range.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leander saying they won by a finger, referring to Ulis injuring his finger and putting Canaan back in. While he's correct it's pretty messed up he would make that comment.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leander saying they won by a finger, referring to Ulis injuring his finger and putting Canaan back in. While he's correct it's pretty messed up he would make that comment.

I might expect Chambers to make this comment but not Leander.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was the first win without Booker in the last 2 years. I knew Booker was important but I didn't think it extended that much. They didn't win much last year with him though.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If we can pay him and keep him, I am all for it. $10 mil per sounds reasonable. Depends on the draft though.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is what we do know. Daniels is deadly. The wolves announcers said tonight he shoots 60% in corner threes.

Ulis needs to go back to the bench.

Canaan looks like a legit pg. one game though.

Warren is still Warren.

Loved Bender tonight. I am going that he is the guy that steps up in Booker’s absence.

JJ has some good moments. Chriss is just so out of control. He looks like he just still trying to figure out basketball as a game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Canaan had 15 points and 7 assists. He had 4 turnovers but I thought one was highly questionable. Plus he has not had much time to practice with the Suns.

It looks like the Suns picked the wrong night to find a PG. LOL

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised they didn't play Mike James at all. I imagine he'll play in the next game and they'll give Ulis at least one game off because of the finger. That will give them a chance to get a better look at Canaan in extended minutes also.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

That's awful and hilarious.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The plus minus for the starters and the bench was embarrassing for the Suns. The bench definitely won the game for them but the starters were outplayed, badly. They bench was used a lot because of that so it wasn't a case of the bench getting a lot of time against Minnesota's reserves because it was Canaan, Daniels, Bender, Warren, and Len who closed out the game.

You must be registered for see images attach

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The plus minus for the starters and the bench was embarrassing for the Suns. The bench definitely won the game for them but the starters were outplayed, badly. They bench was used a lot because of that so it wasn't a case of the bench getting a lot of time against Minnesota's reserves because it was Canaan, Daniels, Bender, Warren, and Len who closed out the game.

You must be registered for see images attach
That is almost entirely due to Ulis. He turned the ball over nearly every time he touched it.

Edit. No that is not fair. Daniels has been very good shooting lately. Bender had a career (so far) night, and Canaan took charge. Give the bench credit.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ulis played really sloppy, for sure, but I don't think all of his turnovers were his fault. At least half were teammates unable to handle good to decent passes. He had 5 turnovers, 4 in the first quarter. Everyone was turning it over in the first half, with the team having 18 TO's in that half and only 5 in the 2nd.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Ulis is fine, dislocated his middle finger but it was popped back into place and he should be available for the next game according to Triano.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ulis played really sloppy, for sure, but I don't think all of his turnovers were his fault. At least half were teammates unable to handle good to decent passes. He had 5 turnovers, 4 in the first quarter. Everyone was turning it over in the first half, with the team having 18 TO's in that half and only 5 in the 2nd.
I am sorry. Almost every turnover I saw from him was his fault. He was passing at players feet, telegraphing badly.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I was watching in the first quarter, when he got 4 of his 5 TO's for the game, he passed it to Len twice and stone hands fumbled each of them. Another time he fed Chandler inside and it wasn't a turnover but Chandler seemed completely surprised by it despite being right under the basket and Ulis facing away from the basket looking right at him and he fumbled it into a bad shot. I started watching the game with about 4-5 minutes left in the first but what I saw it wasn't on him. He did play poorly and wasn't passing well but I don't think he was that awful, outside of the 1st quarter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard