Suns sign Mirza Teletovic

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hearing Steve Albert pronounce this guy's name should be a treat...

Anyway, a stretch 4, the Nets withdrew their qualifying offer, we immediately snatched him up on a 1 year deal, 5 million.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Which one of these is he?

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/t...which-players-are-the-next-free-agent-steals/

He was on Zach Lowe's list of potential free agent steals.

Very good pick and pop, has a pump fake/drive move that he fell a little too in love with, decent defender against both 3s and 4s. Had health problems (blood clots). Lowe figured the Spurs would go after him.

Gotta like all that, except the health part.

Markieff's seat is sizzling.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So. Is he any good? Is he better than Leuer?

A slightly younger and more affordable Frye. According to Nets fans, streaky shooter, doesn't provide much of anything else. Another version of Frye/Bonner types. Can't hurt us off the bench.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really like this signing, however much you guys want to make fun of it.

Same here Chaplin. He really impressed when the Suns played the Nets when he was healthy, their first meeting. I kept asking myself who is the player and where did he came from.

He had 16 points and 7 rebounds in the first meeting with the Suns. He was 4-8 from 3 point range. I don't think he played in the second meeting with the Suns. He suffered from heath problems as described in the link below. If he is healthy, this is an excellent signing. I believe he suffered from multiple blood clots in his lungs which were discovered in the latter part of January 2015. If healthy, I believe this is an excellent signing especially considering it is only a 1 year, 5.5 million dollar contract. He can play.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....eason-with-multiple-blood-clots-in-the-lungs/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A tweet from Paul Coro. As you can tell, I like this player.

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 3h3 hours ago

Paul Coro retweeted David Aldridge

Teletovic is a 6-8 forward who can spread the floor. In 3 Nets seasons, he hit 36% of his 3s. Source confirmed deal.

https://twitter.com/paulcoro

Errntknght

Reaction score
If you want a 4 that puts up 3's at every opportunity Teletovic is your man - about 3/4ths of his shots are beyond the arc. Last year he shot 32% and the year before 39% - career average is 36.2%. Leuer shoots 3's at about 1/5th the rate and his career avg is 36.7%. Leuer's other stats are a little better better: FG% .478 vs .401, reb 8.5/36 vs 7.2; FTA 2.4 vs 1.5; slightly better TOs and Stls; same on assists.

They're different enough players that they can both be useful. If you get the 39% Teletovic he'll help spread the floor, while the 32% Teletovic won't help much.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Teletovic wraps Lebron to prevent a layup. I like it.

How dare anyone wrap-up Lebron like that especially after he commits an offensive foul to get there.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Good to get some toughness as long as it's not the cheap shot give-me-a-tech stuff we know too well.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not see why LeBron was so upset on that play. While he made no attempt on the ball, it was not an unsafe foul. He wrapped him up. He didn't throw him to the floor.

A couple of observations. Wow. AK47. Hasn't anyone told you how stupid that hair looks? You going for the Prince Valiant cut?

What's with the nicknames on the jerseys? Did I miss something?

Last edited:

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
If healthy, I think the Suns got a Mega Steal with the Teletovic signing. He can
play both inside and outside, has one of the best shooting touches in the league, rebounds, blocks some shots, and can run the floor. I think the fans are going to love this guy! He is the Power Forward answer to Goran Dragic. I am super excited to have him on this team. Here's highlights (link below) of a Brooklyn Net's game in which he had 24 points in the second quarter.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If healthy, I think the Suns got a Mega Steal with the Teletovic signing. He can
play both inside and outside, has one of the best shooting touches in the league, rebounds, blocks some shots, and can run the floor. I think the fans are going to love this guy! He is the Power Forward answer to Goran Dragic. I am super excited to have him on this team. Here's highlights (link below) of a Brooklyn Net's game in which he had 24 points in the second quarter.

Most optimistic evaluation I have seen yet. I admire it although maybe a bit TOO positive.

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
..... and the link to the Nets vs. San Antonio

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So Teletovic wraps Lebron to prevent a layup. I like it.

How dare anyone wrap-up Lebron like that especially after he commits an offensive foul to get there.

I like that he didn't go there and jaw with any of them to make the situation worse like an idiot on our team now that we all know would.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, looks like he really has an excellent touch for the 3 pointer.

Last edited: