Suns @ Pelicans Thursday Playoff game thread 4-28-2022 - Game 6

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one caught my eye more on the Pelicans than Herb Jones, what a steal that pick was.

There are so many dudes who were 3 and 4 year college players, that ended up getting picked in later parts of the draft that are immediately contributing in big ways.

It's gotta kill him that, arguably, the biggest play of the game, Booker's three, came because he got caught well out of position.

Reaction score
Talk about Booker's low (for him) scoring. Were his hamstrings probably not fully healed? I would be skeptical that the Pelicans just played good defense on him. Does anyone defend Booker that well? If he was still hurt and less than one hundred percent, I regret that he played at all. The situation wasn't desperate.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Talk about Booker's low (for him) scoring. Were his hamstrings probably not fully healed? I would be skeptical that the Pelicans just played good defense on him. Does anyone defend Booker that well? If he was still hurt and less than one hundred percent, I regret that he played at all. The situation wasn't desperate.
They used him sparingly and as a shooter, which was smart because that’s what had been lacking - our shooters weren’t hitting.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I knew the Pelicans were better than their record, 36-46, but I was reading about them on ESPN and didn't realize or remember they had such an abysmal start to the season. They opened at 3-16. So it wasn't just the McCollum trade at the deadline that turned things around. They'd been trending up almost all of 2022.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This story line is all so familiar.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Chris Paul is on target, the front rim is his friend.

This is one of those shots that usually don't fall for another player.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How can you regret something that was not your decision? most players who come back from leg injuries put up a lot of shots before they let loose and start jumping at full speed, I think this affects there game time shot. I don't think it was a matter of him not being ready, until you get into game shape things are just going to be off.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you regret something that was not your decision? most players who come back from leg injuries put up a lot of shots before they let loose and start jumping at full speed, I think this affects there game time shot. I don't think it was a matter of him not being ready, until you get into game shape things are just going to be off.

It was good for Devin Booker to get some minutes and regain his confidence after the injury before the next series. He naturally was going to feel his way along.

Booker hit a key 3P in the 4th quarter and did most of his scoring then as I recall.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was good for Devin Booker to get some minutes and regain his confidence after the injury before the next series. He naturally was going to feel his way along.

Booker hit a key 3P in the 4th quarter and did most of his scoring then as I recall.
Yup. Getting a game to knock the rust off before the second round ended up being great. Elated to have been proven wrong yesterday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Getting a game to knock the rust off before the second round ended up being great. Elated to have been proven wrong yesterday.

We were all hoping for the best.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really can't believe Pelicans fans were allowed to chant this.

At least Jae Crowder may make some money on it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When Chris Paul is on target, the front rim is his friend.

This is one of those shots that usually don't fall for another player.

The only other player I’ve seen that gets those to fall with any regularity is Ayton. I don’t know how those two get the ball to literally climb over the rim sometimes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Agree. As worried as I was about him playing, getting his feet wet in real game action and playing a real clutch role in the win will be a big boost for him heading into the Dallas series.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I really can't believe Pelicans fans were allowed to chant this.

At least Jae Crowder may make some money on it.

“Allowed?” What is anyone going to do? Have security throw out a few thousand fans?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone was promoting the chant and shirts. It was a community event so I'm not sure it was in good taste.

I'm still worried Suns players are going to be fined for wearing the shirts in the post game interviews.

Personally, I don't care as much because the Suns thrived on it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Someone was promoting the chant and shirts. It was a community event so I'm not sure it was in good taste.

I'm still worried Suns players are going to be fined for wearing the shirts in the post game interviews.

I'm sure they'll be fined.

But as for the shirts, it wasn't so much an event than it was a couple people being idiots. They made something like 15 total shirts or something, so this wasn't some big publicity event.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Good taste is a valid comment, but unless it’s violating statutes (which the short clearly wouldn’t as it doesn’t actually spell out the word) doesn’t matter.

Not worried about those pocketbooks. They know the rules. If they want to pay for that fun, all good.

And agree 100% - these guys like the negative attention.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll be fined.

But as for the shirts, it wasn't so much an event than it was a couple people being idiots. They made something like 15 total shirts or something, so this wasn't some big publicity event.

It was more than that. The crowd was chanting it in the above video.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave